Hair Growing Buddies Support Thread

SignatureBeauty

will do sweetie!

Uuhmmmmm:nono: Tishee, I think I am going back to a texlax twa in the next few months, BUT my hair has grown alot, I too am tired of chopping my hair, sometimes I want natural, sometimes I want straight, then curly, then a nice rollerset, or a nice short chic cut, or color etc. I think I am in denial because if I really wanted to be natural I would stay that way:yep: I do love how fragrance stay on the hair strands when your natural, Oh well I can stretch longer with texlaxed hair and I am not too far from where I started before I Big Chopped maybe 2 inches, when stretched my hair in an inch long.

Anyway I am still growing my hair LONG!!!!!:grin:

RegaLady

Uuhmmmmm:nono: Tishee, I think I am going back to a texlax twa in the next few months, BUT my hair has grown alot, I too am tired of chopping my hair, sometimes I want natural, sometimes I want straight, then curly, then a nice rollerset, or a nice short chic cut, or color etc. I think I am in denial because if I really wanted to be natural I would stay that way:yep: I do love how fragrance stay on the hair strands when your natural, Oh well I can stretch longer with texlaxed hair and I am not too far from where I started before I Big Chopped maybe 2 inches, when stretched my hair in an inch long.

:lachen:Oh do I feel you! I get soooo indecisive. I know one thing, I will grow my hair out! But, I am not sure if I want to be 100% natural or get a relaxer every 6 months. SO says he wants to REALLY see me natural, kinky, and all. How long is your hair now, and what PS are your doing?

SignatureBeauty

:lachen:Oh do I feel you! I get soooo indecisive. I know one thing, I will grow my hair out! But, I am not sure if I want to be 100% natural or get a relaxer every 6 months. SO says he wants to REALLY see me natural, kinky, and all. How long is your hair now, and what PS are your doing?

:lachen:Girl my hair is an inch long (in my avitar), To begin I only had like 3 inches of Texlaxed hair and cut down 2 to get to the inch newgrowth, I want my natural hair but then I have a thing for shine not sheen, then I like the way natural hair hangs on to fragrance, but then I would like a nice smooth rollerset, or color. I mean we have so many choices on what to do, my Husband said he just wants to see me with hair, he is tired of all these Big Chops LOL!!! I might just go Semi-Straight because I am afraid of doing a touch up and might end up with one half straight and one half curly, I still don't know, I have done this like 9 times, I never had a problem with relaxed hair.

I will probably just lightly relax it to get a smooth wavy effect and let it grow on from there, I want a big wild natural fro, but I also would like a beautiful rollerset and I don't like heat too often, maybe once a year. Girl I am pitiful:yep:

RegaLady

:lachen:Girl my hair is an inch long (in my avitar), To begin I only had like 3 inches of Texlaxed hair and cut down 2 to get to the inch newgrowth, I want my natural hair but then I have a thing for shine not sheen, then I like the way natural hair hangs on to fragrance, but then I would like a nice smooth rollerset, or color. I mean we have so many choices on what to do, my Husband said he just wants to see me with hair, he is tired of all these Big Chops LOL!!! I might just go Semi-Straight because I am afraid of doing a touch up and might end up with one half straight and one half curly, I still don't know, I have done this like 9 times, I never had a problem with relaxed hair.

I will probably just lightly relax it to get a smooth wavy effect and let it grow on from there, I want a big wild natural fro, but I also would like a beautiful rollerset and I don't like heat too often, maybe once a year. Girl I am pitiful:yep:

Lol:lachen:Girl you are! You already named 10 more things you want to do to your hair, before the year is out!:lachen:Just don't cut it! I pushed through that phase, so I ain't cuttin. However, it is causing me to think twice about a relaxer, because, I don't wanna start over.:nono: Maybe putting it in a protective style will let you forget about it!

SignatureBeauty

[/b]Lol:lachen:Girl you are! You already named 10 more things you want to do to your hair, before the year is out!:lachen:Just don't cut it! I pushed through that phase, so I ain't cuttin. However, it is causing me to think twice about a relaxer, because, I don't wanna start over.:nono: Maybe putting it in a protective style will let you forget about it!

:lachen:That will be my Personal Challenge,whatever I do Do Not Cut/Chop, the only protective style I can do is a wig, but it is getting too hot for that LOL!!! We will see, I just have seen so many styles and for me the twa is just boring, probably because I have done it 9 times LOL!!!!

Spongie Bloom

thank you :grin: im getting yarn twists put in tomorrow im gonna miss my hair :cry: but i think i need a bit of a break

hey ladies how y'all doing? i had some yarn twists put in i didnt like em and after a week i removed em :look: i want to try and put some braids in myself for the crown and glory method sometime so wish me luck :grin:

morehairplease

I am SERIOUSLY thinking about getting a texturizer too, sweetie. If only I could find someone that could do it correctly or had the confidence in myself to do it I would do it this week.:yep:

monieluv

i know it's be a long time, but i am happy to report that my hair is coming in nicely. i went from shave to about two inches in 4 months (give or take in some areas). now i'm sporting braids. this is the slowest my hair has ever grown, but i'm more focused on the health of it rather than length. i find that it's better to just leave my hair alone and let it handle its business. just poo, dc, and moisturize. and maybe some treatments here and there if needed, but that's it. no special formula or specific products. just nothing too drying.

morehairplease

i know it's be a long time, but i am happy to report that my hair is coming in nicely. i went from shave to about two inches in 4 months (give or take in some areas). now i'm sporting braids. this is the slowest my hair has ever grown, but i'm more focused on the health of it rather than length. i find that it's better to just leave my hair alone and let it handle its business. just poo, dc, and moisturize. and maybe some treatments here and there if needed, but that's it. no special formula or specific products. just nothing too drying.

wow, this is AWESOME!! Congrats to you sweetie! My hair is growing so freakin' slow this time around:wallbash::wallbash:

monieluv

wow, this is AWESOME!! Congrats to you sweetie! My hair is growing so freakin' slow this time around:wallbash::wallbash:

thank you. but i'll tell it's not easy trying to take care of my hair. too many times i wanted to just cut it all off and leave it short and play with some colors. but then i see come long styles that i think would look nice on me, and then my lil imagination starts going on things i could do with my hair if it was longer and healthier. that's what keeps me focused. besides i had every short style you could imagine. the longes my hair have ever been was chin length. i really need a change.

Spongie Bloom

I finished doing my braids, it took me 2 days to do them and it was my first time no more paying £90!!! for a hairdresser to do what i can do myself:yep: sooo happy about that i will post pics when i get new batteries for my camera i moved from college to home for the summer and can't find them :ohwell: will be using the C&G method

Mandy4610

I finished doing my braids, it took me 2 days to do them and it was my first time no more paying £90!!! for a hairdresser to do what i can do myself:yep: sooo happy about that i will post pics when i get new batteries for my camera i moved from college to home for the summer and can't find them :ohwell: will be using the C&G method
Good for you girl. I wish I had that kind of talent.

Mandy4610

Ladies, you have been real quiet. How are you all doing.

Well I am doing good. I went through a period of major hair frustrations, but I am ok now. I am giving my hair time.

Being natural has helped me know why I had a problem with the hair on the back of my head when I was relaxed. I have discovered that the texture on the back of my head is very very different from the rest of my head.
I have very soft and not so thick hair at the back and very course hair in the middle and medium/course hair in the front.
When I self relaxed I always started in the back....big mistake, I should have always started in the middle. I am amazed at how hair texture can be so different on one head. If I ever go back to relaxing, I will keep this in mind and maybe at that point my hair would be healthier.
Anyway, this is what I have learned about my natural hair so far.

Thank you ladies

Spongie Bloom

Hi everyone ive been so busy with my sumemr job..anyhoo im doing ok Mandy im glad you are feeling better about your hair now i redid my braids this weekend actually im finishing them off right now in front of the computer lol im going to remove the braids in about 3 weeks and then ill dc of course then retouch and reshape my hair i also want to add a bit of colour to it too nothing drastic or permanent though im too scurred

keep in touch ladies ..please

Aggie

Mini update - I will eventually bleach my hair but not brave enough to do it just yet. I am in the MT/OCT and Deep Conditioning challenges and I feel that they're really growing my hair very well, at least a little faster than normal for me anyway. Happy hair growing everyone.

Mandy4610

Mini update - I will eventually bleach my hair but not brave enough to do it just yet. I am in the MT/OCT and Deep Conditioning challenges and I feel that they're really growing my hair very well, at least a little faster than normal for me anyway. Happy hair growing everyone.
Hey Aggie, glad to see you here again.
I so want to try MT, but I have BT that I need to finish up and it is taking forever:wallbash:. I promised myself to not buy any new growth aids until my BT was all gone.

Mandy4610

Hi everyone ive been so busy with my sumemr job..anyhoo im doing ok Mandy im glad you are feeling better about your hair now i redid my braids this weekend actually im finishing them off right now in front of the computer lol im going to remove the braids in about 3 weeks and then ill dc of course then retouch and reshape my hair i also want to add a bit of colour to it too nothing drastic or permanent though im too scurred

keep in touch ladies ..please
Thanks girl. I wish I could do my own braids with my own hair:nono: That would make my natural journey so much easier.

Aggie

Hey Aggie, glad to see you here again.
I so want to try MT, but I have BT that I need to finish up and it is taking forever:wallbash:. I promised myself to not buy any new growth aids until my BT was all gone.

This is very wise Mandy, I made kinda made the same promise myself to God about some products I want to purchase, but I have so many I have to finish up right now. I want to try WEN (natural), Giovanni poos and cons(natural), Abba moisture poo and con(natural), joico moisture poo and con and Redken butter treat. That is all for now:grin:, but I really have to use up what I have first.

genesis132

Hi Aggie,
I wish I had discovered OCT a few years ago before I begin dying my hair. This stuff is made for chemical processes...meaning the OCT made my strands stronger and darn near break resistant. I know they recommend on the site to use this before chemical services....I love love love the OCT COLOR Shampoo and will continue using that for years come.
Oh yeah, I did but a black rinse in my hair about two months ago but it's slowly turning an auburn color. I think I may get permanent black at my next Aveda color appt at the end of the month.

Last edited:

Aggie

Hi Aggie,
I wish I had discovered OCT a few years ago before I begin dying my hair. This stuff is made for chemical processes...meaning the OCT made my strands stronger and darn near break resistant. I know they recommend on the site to use this before chemical services....I love love love the OCT COLOR Shampoo and will continue using that for years come.
Oh yeah, I did but a black rinse in my hair about two months ago but it's slowly turning an auburn color. I think I may get permanent black at my next Aveda color appt at the end of the month.

I agree about the OCT genesis. Good luck with your hair color honey.

Spongie Bloom

Thanks girl. I wish I could do my own braids with my own hair:nono: That would make my natural journey so much easier.

girl practise makes perfect i was never the girl who could do someone elses hair let alone mine, my sister and salons did my hair for me for me u knw but now i can braid others and now myself so just practise practise!!

SJT

Hello Ladies

I am hoping this thread is still open. If so I would love to join I need a hair buddy. Here is my bio and please feel free to let me know your suggestions as I need help BIG TIME!!!

I have fine hair limp which is currently arm pit length I am attempting to grow it mid back length.

Regimine: Wash once a week w/biloage matrix hydrating my hair is super dry and requires lots of moisture. condition w/biloage hydrating conditioner & ORS mixed w/heat for 1 hour. Again my hair is very fine so it tends to be very limp and hs little to no body so tend to pin it up alot. I would like to wear it down every one in a while but it is flat to my head. Every other day I use MN mix and moisture my ends with mango butter.
My Suppliments:
Centrum mutlivit
MSM 1000 mg
Horsetail
Beet root
Vitmain b
biotin 5000mg
omega 3-6-9
Biosil
Any suggestions on what might help achieve more growth. thanks a bunch

Valerie

How are you guys all doing?
Anyone jump on the OCT bandwagon?
I am thinking of jumping on because I am sold.
I posted some questions that I would like some OCT experts to help me with, before I order my OCT.
I hope you all are doing well.
HHG

I have started using Mega-Tek last Thursday and I have been doing parts of the eggs and L-cysteine challenge, I am only having the eggs and a protein shake and I will update on around the 6th September, however if I see anything dramatic, I will update earlier. What I can say is that my hair is getting a lot thicker.

AtlantaJJ

Hello Ladies

I am hoping this thread is still open. If so I would love to join I need a hair buddy. Here is my bio and please feel free to let me know your suggestions as I need help BIG TIME!!!

I have fine hair limp which is currently arm pit length I am attempting to grow it mid back length.

Regimine: Wash once a week w/biloage matrix hydrating my hair is super dry and requires lots of moisture. condition w/biloage hydrating conditioner & ORS mixed w/heat for 1 hour. Again my hair is very fine so it tends to be very limp and hs little to no body so tend to pin it up alot. I would like to wear it down every one in a while but it is flat to my head. Every other day I use MN mix and moisture my ends with mango butter.
My Suppliments:
Centrum mutlivit
MSM 1000 mg
Horsetail
Beet root
Vitmain b
biotin 5000mg
omega 3-6-9
Biosil
Any suggestions on what might help achieve more growth. thanks a bunch
I highly recommend Alta Silica, it made all the difference in the world for me as far as nutritional supplements go, it is the best hands down for hair and nails!! The MegaTek as help a great deal as far as topical growth aids.

SJT

Thanks for the info Atlanta JJ,

Can you advise what Alta silica is? Can I take this with my other suppliments? I have read a few threads regarding the megatek and some say to use it as a shampoo and some say to use directly on the scalp and leave it in. (kind of like the MN) Which is better leaving it on the scalp or using as shapoo and since I am using MN should I stop the MN and use the Megatex?? :perplexed So many questions!!!

Thanks in advance!!:rolleyes: