Hair Growing Buddies Support Thread

Aggie

Girl, I am following in your foot steps and I am BCing this weekend. I just can not stand my unhealthy nape anymore. Last week I went to the BSS and the lady did my hair very very nice, but two days later it was back to looking crazy so I chopped some of it off. The cut turned out so bad so now I am just gonna cut everything off and start over. I am not sure if I will stay natural or texlaxed, but I for sure will not relax bone straight.

Mandy, are you using lye or no-lye relaxers? No-lye is wayyy harder on the actual hair strands than lye. I just recently started texlaxing because my hair strands are fine and I need some texture to it using Mizani lye regular strength relaxer. That's working much better for me. I switched from no-lye to lye in December myself. No-lye relaxers were thinning and drying my hair out toooo much.

Sistaslick has a really great article on Lye and no-lye relaxers on www.associatedcontent.com. Just put her name in the search field and all her articles will come up, okay? I printed out all the ones that I know I could use and refer to for help with my hair growth and health. HTH.

Mandy4610

Mandy, are you using lye or no-lye relaxers? No-lye is wayyy harder on the actual hair strands than lye. I just recently started texlaxing because my hair strands are fine and I need some texture to it using Mizani lye regular strength relaxer. That's working much better for me. I switched from no-lye to lye in December myself. No-lye relaxers were thinning and drying my hair out toooo much.

Sistaslick has a really great article on Lye and no-lye relaxers on www.associatedcontent.com. Just put her name in the search field and all her articles will come up, okay? I printed out all the ones that I know I could use and refer to for help with my hair growth and health. HTH.
Hey Aggie, thanks so much for your support. I have been using the same relaxer you are using, but no difference, I was using motions prior to that, I can not say exactly if this start after Mizani or during Motions. I just want to start over, I already cut my hair but not all of it, I don't like the cut I have right now and thats why I just want to cut the rest of it off as well and start natural, then texlax after some time.

Aggie

Hey Aggie, thanks so much for your support. I have been using the same relaxer you are using, but no difference, I was using motions prior to that, I can not say exactly if this start after Mizani or during Motions. I just want to start over, I already cut my hair but not all of it, I don't like the cut I have right now and thats why I just want to cut the rest of it off as well and start natural, then texlax after some time.

You're welcomed Mandy. I really trust that you find the hair care plan that would grow your hair back. I believe resting off the relaxers altogether for at least 6 months might be very helpful, then proceed to texlaxing. Try to use some protective styling for now until the growth is restored a little. I'd wear wigs for a while or even braids.

If you haven't yet, I want you to check out this site at www.growafrohairlong.com. Read up on the different ways to care for your hair if you decide to braid or wear wigs, okay? I will be putting in individual braids starting tomorrow for 2 months at a time using the C&G techniques on this site and resting from them for 2 weeks at a time. During my 2 weeks rest (will be wearing my wigs at this time) from the braids, I will be deep conditioning every 3 to 4 days, then braid again. I will probably repeat this for the rest of this year for relaxer stretching purposes.

Good luck honey. We're here to help you with your hair growth.

Mandy4610

You're welcomed Mandy. I really trust that you find the hair care plan that would grow your hair back. I believe resting off the relaxers altogether for at least 6 months might be very helpful, then proceed to texlaxing. Try to use some protective styling for now until the growth is restored a little. I'd wear wigs for a while or even braids.

If you haven't yet, I want you to check out this site at www.growafrohairlong.com. Read up on the different ways to care for your hair if you decide to braid or wear wigs, okay? I will be putting in individual braids starting tomorrow for 2 months at a time using the C&G techniques on this site and resting from them for 2 weeks at a time. During my 2 weeks rest (will be wearing my wigs at this time) from the braids, I will be deep conditioning every 3 to 4 days, then braid again. I will probably repeat this for the rest of this year for relaxer stretching purposes.

Good luck honey. We're here to help you with your hair growth.
Thanks Aggie,
I really appreciate your help. I know that I can do this with all you girls helping me. I just have to figure out where to start.

Mandy4610

Mandy, congrats on the BC girl!!!!
Thanks girl, honestly I am so missing my hair. but at the same time I feel very excited to start fresh, which ever direction I go after this. Alot of people are surprised that I cut my hair and they are probably thinking that I am crazy, but I will care for this TWA until it all grows back. It is mad hair growing from now on.:grin::grin:. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing.:blush::look:

BotanyGrl

Thanks girl, honestly I am so missing my hair. but at the same time I feel very excited to start fresh, which ever direction I go after this. Alot of people are surprised that I cut my hair and they are probably thinking that I am crazy, but I will care for this TWA until it all grows back. It is mad hair growing from now on.:grin::grin:. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing.:blush::look:
It will definitely be smooth sailing from here. Remember "you are not your hair"... so don't even think about what someone else is thinking. Personally, I don't think your crazy at all! I admire your courage to start fresh, and your TWA is going to grow healthy and long in no time. You know HairBuddies got your back :grin:

And I want to send some congrats to Aggie for making APL... You Grow Girl :yep:

Mandy4610

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all doing well with your hair and everything. My TWA is coming along nicely. Next week will be a month since I BCed. I can already tell that I have had some progress. Nothing major, but worth mentioning anyway.
Please share you progress or your challenges at this point.

Aggie

Congratulations Mandy on your hair progress since the BC. Also, I just sent something via email to be posted in the next Newsletter, okay?

As far as my prgress goes, I am finally at APL and my next goal is BSL which I would like to accomplish by December this year. I have my hair currently in boxed braids to assist me in my 7 month relaxer stretch. So far I'm 16 and a half weeks post today and have 3 more months to go to complete it.

I trust that everyone here are having great progress as well.

Last edited:

Mandy4610

Praise God...someone must've saw my thread...hurray! Sending an email... :)
Hey, I saw you thread. I was gonna tell you about this hair buddies thread but somehow it escaped my mind. Anyway...welcome. We have been around for a little while, but feel free to jump in.

Mandy4610

Congratulations Mandy on your hair progress since the BC. Also, I just sent something via email to be posted in the next Newsletter, okay?

As far as my prgress goes, I am finally at APL and my next goal is BSL which I would like to accomplish by December this year. I have my hair currently in boxed braids to assist me in my 7 month relaxer stretch. So far I'm 16 and a half weeks post today and have 3 more months to go to complete it.

I trust that everyone here are having great progress as well.
Aggie, congrats on reaching APL, you will be BSL in no time, I know it. Keep up the hair growing.

MrsJersey

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. This was such a great thread that I just had to join. I'm relatively new to the forum but I have learned so much over the past month that I have been here. My regimen is pretty simple. I am relaxed 4 something. I cowash every other day or every day depending on the mood. I deep condition 1-2x's per week. I use LTR leave in and mango butter after my cowashes and I use coconut oil to seal my ends. My major problem right now is my hair line where I have experienced alot of damage due to a braiding stylist that just jacked me up. Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed.

Anashja

IDK if I posted, but...I'm a newbie... just started and I'm an admitted PJ. (working on it) ... I am a 4b - regime still working on that... my current goal right now is "healthy" ... its growing season for many things so I'm hoping my hair will just add itself into that...

Aggie

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. This was such a great thread that I just had to join. I'm relatively new to the forum but I have learned so much over the past month that I have been here. My regimen is pretty simple. I am relaxed 4 something. I cowash every other day or every day depending on the mood. I deep condition 1-2x's per week. I use LTR leave in and mango butter after my cowashes and I use coconut oil to seal my ends. My major problem right now is my hair line where I have experienced alot of damage due to a braiding stylist that just jacked me up. Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed.

I got my edges back a few months ago and what I did was add MN to Organic root stimulator fertilizing serum with a few drops of rosemary essential oils and applied and massaged it into my edges every night for about 5 minutes. My edges thickened in a matter of 2 months or so.

The massaging part is important when trying to get your edges back. Essential oils help with the stimulation needed for the follicles to respond to the massaging.HTH.

ETA: Welcome MrsJersey.

Aggie

IDK if I posted, but...I'm a newbie... just started and I'm an admitted PJ. (working on it) ... I am a 4b - regime still working on that... my current goal right now is "healthy" ... its growing season for many things so I'm hoping my hair will just add itself into that...

Welcome Anashja to the HGBS thread. Any questions you have can be asked here and we are all here to help each other grow hair long, healthy and thick.

Spongie Bloom

hey ladies!!

well i have a mini update i did a 13 week stretch and it was crazy i was looking crazy :spinning: but i was so busy with college i had no choice but to look crazy lol next time i wont take so long though this time i'll do 10 weeks cause i underpocessed one part. Im going to put twists for a while for c&g method. My hair is thicker now noticably thicker and it has gone longer but still havent reached this years goal so didnt take any progress pics...my goal is apl by december 2008 , my hair is in layers so i want my front layer to be at least just below my chin with the rest of my hair touching apl

my front is currently btwn upper lip and nose and the rest is below shoulders somewhere.

Aggie

hey ladies!!

well i have a mini update i did a 13 week stretch and it was crazy i was looking crazy :spinning: but i was so busy with college i had no choice but to look crazy lol next time i wont take so long though this time i'll do 10 weeks cause i underpocessed one part. Im going to put twists for a while for c&g method. My hair is thicker now noticably thicker and it has gone longer but still havent reached this years goal so didnt take any progress pics...my goal is apl by december 2008 , my hair is in layers so i want my front layer to be at least just below my chin with the rest of my hair touching apl

my front is currently btwn upper lip and nose and the rest is below shoulders somewhere.

Good luck on reaching your APL hair goal stargoddess.

MrsJersey

I got my edges back a few months ago and what I did was add MN to Organic root stimulator fertilizing serum with a few drops of rosemary essential oils and applied and massaged it into my edges every night for about 5 minutes. My edges thickened in a matter of 2 months or so.

The massaging part is important when trying to get your edges back. Essential oils help with the stimulation needed for the follicles to respond to the massaging.HTH.

ETA: Welcome MrsJersey.

Thank you for the advise. I'm going to have to give this a try.

Mandy4610

How are you guys all doing?
Anyone jump on the OCT bandwagon?
I am thinking of jumping on because I am sold.
I posted some questions that I would like some OCT experts to help me with, before I order my OCT.
I hope you all are doing well.
HHG

SignatureBeauty

Hello Ladies, it has been awhile LOL!! Well I WAS doing great with my Texlax It was growing great, I just miss my natural hair, so I was gonna try to transition for a few months but I am impatient and I had my husband cut the texlax down to the little newgrowth I had, I just miss the simple routines with my natural hair and the way the fragrance hang on to every strand:yep: I had found me some very beautiful wigs that I am going to order in the next few weeks. This is like my 8th or 9th time going natural, I haven't had Long hair since 2003 LOL!! Beacuse of all the Big Chopping I do and I know my hair grows LOL!!! Hopefully I will just let it do it's thing and not get caught up in length. It is good to hear you ladies are doing great:grin:

Aggie

How are you guys all doing?
Anyone jump on the OCT bandwagon?
I am thinking of jumping on because I am sold.
I posted some questions that I would like some OCT experts to help me with, before I order my OCT.
I hope you all are doing well.
HHG
I just ordered both the OCT and the Mega-Tek Rebuilder and is waiting for them to arrive Mandy so my answer is yes, I have joined that bandwagon.

morehairplease

Hello Ladies, it has been awhile LOL!! Well I WAS doing great with my Texlax It was growing great, I just miss my natural hair, so I was gonna try to transition for a few months but I am impatient and I had my husband cut the texlax down to the little newgrowth I had, I just miss the simple routines with my natural hair and the way the fragrance hang on to every strand:yep: I had found me some very beautiful wigs that I am going to order in the next few weeks. This is like my 8th or 9th time going natural, I haven't had Long hair since 2003 LOL!! Beacuse of all the Big Chopping I do and I know my hair grows LOL!!! Hopefully I will just let it do it's thing and not get caught up in length. It is good to hear you ladies are doing great:grin:

co-signing. I have got to stop starting over :rolleyes:. My hair appears to be growing much slower this time around for some reason and I have vowed that this is my last time so I must stick to whatever I decide.

SignatureBeauty

co-signing. I have got to stop starting over :rolleyes:. My hair appears to be growing much slower this time around for some reason and I have vowed that this is my last time so I must stick to whatever I decide.

Tishee, Me you and Detxlaxed have got to get through this, she also has done it about 9 times also, We will make it this time, I am thinking of purchasing some nice crochett beanie caps and scarves, but I have just been wearing my short do because I really hate for my hair to be tied up, I like for my hair and scalp to have air LOL!!! But mine is really growing faster this time around, just like it did when I first went natural in 2003!

We can do it Tishee!!

morehairplease

Tishee, Me you and Detxlaxed have got to get through this, she also has done it about 9 times also, We will make it this time, I am thinking of purchasing some nice crochett beanie caps and scarves, but I have just been wearing my short do because I really hate for my hair to be tied up, I like for my hair and scalp to have air LOL!!! But mine is really growing faster this time around, just like it did when I first went natural in 2003!

We can do it Tishee!!

This is my third time going natural and I am honestly tried of the flip flopping. All three times I went natural due to damage caused by a stylist and I could have kicked myself b/c I was a member of the forum each time and did not utilize the site enough :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:.

Last edited:

Mandy4610

This is my third time going natural and I am honestly tried of the flipping flopping. All three times I went natural due to damage caused by a stylist and I could have kicked myself b/c I was a member of the forum each time and did not utilize the site enough :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:.
Seems like we have a few TWA ladies on here. Keep the good work. I have not had a TWA since I was in 7th grade, so this is all new for me. My hair seems to be coming along, I felt like it grew faster the first month after the BC, but now It seems to be in one stage. Oh well, it has not even been two months so maybe it is growing, I can't really tell.

Lets keep helping each other ladies.:grin:

morehairplease

Seems like we have a few TWA ladies on here. Keep the good work. I have not had a TWA since I was in 7th grade, so this is all new for me. My hair seems to be coming along, I felt like it grew faster the first month after the BC, but now It seems to be in one stage. Oh well, it has not even been two months so maybe it is growing, I can't really tell.

Lets keep helping each other ladies.:grin:

will do sweetie!