Hair Growing Buddies Support Thread

Aggie

Hello Ladies

I am hoping this thread is still open. If so I would love to join I need a hair buddy. Here is my bio and please feel free to let me know your suggestions as I need help BIG TIME!!!

I have fine hair limp which is currently arm pit length I am attempting to grow it mid back length.

Regimine: Wash once a week w/biloage matrix hydrating my hair is super dry and requires lots of moisture. condition w/biloage hydrating conditioner & ORS mixed w/heat for 1 hour. Again my hair is very fine so it tends to be very limp and hs little to no body so tend to pin it up alot. I would like to wear it down every one in a while but it is flat to my head. Every other day I use MN mix and moisture my ends with mango butter.
My Suppliments:
Centrum mutlivit
MSM 1000 mg
Horsetail
Beet root
Vitmain b
biotin 5000mg
omega 3-6-9
Biosil
Any suggestions on what might help achieve more growth. thanks a bunch

It seems that your hair is fine, thin and has a thin density. Maybe you should look more into using natural and/or organic hair products. They tend not to have any harmful ingredients that can harm your hair and make it worse. I found that the Biolage hair poos has too many sulfates and cones in them and these suffocate our hair and make it very dry.

Look into purchasing some sulfate/paraben-free shampoos and conditioners like Giovani, Abba, Modern Organic Products (MOP), Some Kenra products, Nature's Gate, Avalon Organics, Aubrey Organics and Jason's has a natural biotin conditioner for added thickness. There are others but these are just some you can start looking into.

You could also try limiting the amount of shampooing you do and lean more on conditioner washing for a while. A really nice recommendation is WEN Conditioners like the Lavender, Fig or Tea Tree Conditioners all by WEN. There is a thread floating around on this product, you should really look into it. Actually here is the link for it - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=253337.

Now because your hair is so dry you might want to try a deeper moisturizing conditioner like Kenra Moisturizing conditioner, Keracare Humecto, Mizani Moisturefuse, Pantene Relaxed & Natural hair conditioning mask for now, and Biolage Ultra hydrating Conditioning Balm, etc.

If you haven't clarified your hair in a while you might want to purchase a clarifying shampoo like any Suave Shampoo would help to remove any buildup you may have on your hair. You should clarifying your hair at least once or twice a month anyway. When there is a lot of buildup on the hair, moisture cannot get in and so the hair start to get harder and harder and eventually breakage will occur because of the lack of moisture.

Some people use ayurveda powders like amla, shikakai, bhringraj, hibiscus, brahmi, and tulsi powder tea rinses for added thickness as well. I have some info in my fotki so if you want to check it out, you are more than welcomed to do so. Also check out this site that has some helpful info on the powders- www.mehndiskinart.com. I suggest you do a lot of research on the ayurveda powders before using them, okay?

Castor Oil has also been used for making fine hair appear thicker. You can use it on your scalp or in your hair but it is very very thick. I get my Castor oil and other oils from www.iherbs.com. I do recommend using the Jamaican Black Castor Oil though from www.honeyfig.com. I hear Sam's carry it too.

Many of us are in the Mega Tek/Ovation Cell Therapy challenge and are getting thicker density hair with it. Here is the link and again, you'd want to spend much time reading through the threads to learn a little about it before trying them, okay? Here's the link for that one - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=250031 and http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=204301. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE OF BOTH THREADS BEFORE TRYING. There are a lot of helpful information in the threads. You are welcomed to join the challenge as well.

This is all I can help with for now. Good luck.

Last edited:

SJT

Thanks Aggie

For your very imformative post. I have tried castor oil it tends to weigh my hair down even when i just use it to seal. I have never tried the jamacian castor oil I will try it. Additionally will try the conditioners you suggested. I ordered the ovation cell therepy but I have read about the shedding it tends to cause. Have you all had any shedding issues with the OT?

Thanks again:yawn:

Aggie

Thanks Aggie

For your very imformative post. I have tried castor oil it tends to weigh my hair down even when i just use it to seal. I have never tried the jamacian castor oil I will try it. Additionally will try the conditioners you suggested. I ordered the ovation cell therepy but I have read about the shedding it tends to cause. Have you all had any shedding issues with the OT?

Thanks again:yawn:

Oh yeah, definitely, but again, you might want to read the MT/OCT thread before you start using them. You will save your hair if you do.

caramelcutieinva

Hey ladies

How is everyone?

I am just checking in.

I did my big chop this month. It has been really intersting working with my hair in its natural state with such a short cut.

carameldiva

I would like to join too.

Hair type: 3c/4a natural

Current Length: grazing collarbone

Currently in micros

Water-based leave-ins/moisturizers- Eqyss Avocado Mist Detangling Spray, Eqyss Premier rehydrant spray, infusium 23/water, s-curl and glycerin/water spritz

Shampoo: SalonCare (purchased by the gallon at Sally's), Castile Soap

Conditioners: Nature's Gate Daily Herbal Conditioner, All of Aussie's hair conditioners

Deep conditioner: currently mixing honey, mayo and nature's gate daily herbal conditioner

Other products: henna, honey, glycerin, a host of other ayurvedic powders

Oils: virgin palm kernel oil, castor oil, rosemary oil, himgange ayurvedic oil, cherry vanilla sandalwood essential oil, coconut oil, olive oil

Goal: (1) to thicken and grow my hair as well as keep it healthy
(2) shampoo/dc weekly- dcing has to be for 45-60 mins with heat
(3) consistency with my vitamins
(4)drink enough water
(5) exercise

My vitamin supplements are:
biotin
msm
alfalfa tabs
centrum multi
zinc
folic acid
vitamin c

Mandy4610

I would like to join too.

Hair type: 3c/4a natural

Current Length: grazing collarbone

Currently in micros

Water-based leave-ins/moisturizers- Eqyss Avocado Mist Detangling Spray, Eqyss Premier rehydrant spray, infusium 23/water, s-curl and glycerin/water spritz

Shampoo: SalonCare (purchased by the gallon at Sally's), Castile Soap

Conditioners: Nature's Gate Daily Herbal Conditioner, All of Aussie's hair conditioners

Deep conditioner: currently mixing honey, mayo and nature's gate daily herbal conditioner

Other products: henna, honey, glycerin, a host of other ayurvedic powders

Oils: virgin palm kernel oil, castor oil, rosemary oil, himgange ayurvedic oil, cherry vanilla sandalwood essential oil, coconut oil, olive oil

Goal: (1) to thicken and grow my hair as well as keep it healthy
(2) shampoo/dc weekly- dcing has to be for 45-60 mins with heat
(3) consistency with my vitamins
(4)drink enough water
(5) exercise

My vitamin supplements are:
biotin
msm
alfalfa tabs
centrum multi
zinc
folic acid
vitamin c
Welcome, feel free to share whatever joys and frustrations you may be having. Thats what we are here for:grin: