Got my Shima Oil yesterday...Tried it...Nice...

That does not take away from the fact that she may have shifty tactics regardless of her products. And for some, that is reason not to order her products and be skeptical of yet another thread abut her. If you can't understand that, then you need to move on.

Op please let us know the results. I am happy to know that it made your hair feel great. I hate this thread turned the way it did but please let us know how it works.

Actually, if anyone did not have a comment related to her topic why start mess? It's over move on, that does not take away from the fact that she may have a good product regardless of her tactics. Stay on topic, that's how things get locked. Shima don't start all the shimagates some people do.

Meredith
It's actually more on topic than most other threads. Surprisingly.

Please, don’t go yet! I have a question.

Did you get her DVD’s too? Has anyone here ever purchased them along with the oil? Is the information mostly everything that is already on LHCF? What does ginseng even smell like?

Feel free to PM me if you do not want to respond publicly. I’m very curious!

Hi Ballerina, No I'm not running into the corner hiding yet. Yes. I did buy the DVD last year...heck it was only $10.00 and sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me. It was a very short DVD showing her in the mirror demonstrating her main protective style which is basically a bun done with a satin-covered flexirod covered by a scrunchy. The other syle was a french roll made full inside with Kanekelon hair. Her other tips were to "relax you hair for more managebility" and to "keep your hair moisturized" and to keep the protective style in for 2 weeks in which time you will have 1/4 inch growth. Then take out the protective style, wash and protective style all over again. I think if you watch her series of videos on youtube she says about the same things. Thanks for asking this and if you want I can lend you the DVD instead of you buying it (hope I can find it)
AGAIN. I AM ENDING THE ANTI-SHIMA THREAD. I just wanna talk hair now.

Ginseng smells a little like if you go into an incense store...somewhat herbal. The three oils in Shima Oil are Ginseng, Almond, and Soybean. It is a thin oil.

Regarding Oil. I also ran out and tried Sylver2's pure Jojoba Oil on my ends. I never have tried that one before although I have tried tea-tree and Extra Virgin Coconut. I didn't care so much for the Jojoba Oil....just goes to show even though I thought she and I had the same type of hair everyone's hair is a little different.

Well I was so curious I couldn't resist. I tried the Shima Oil and it is a nice oil....creates beautiful sheen and has a nice Ginseng scent.

Please I don't mean this post to start some big controversy...I hate when we can't support black business. As a black business owner myself I support them and the efforts it takes to succeed, profit and contribute to the empowerment of black people. I tried the oil....nobody else has to, and I may never buy it again...let's see how my hair does.

I have a dental practice and believe me there are black people who have attacked me with all kinds of assaults...personal and professional and of course these things aren't true....I think there is an element of jealousy there and an impression that if you are in business that you are making a mountain of money so you immediately have to be lying or dishonest or something. Simply not true.

Nice Oil.

Hear hear!!! I made my own (cuz I'm cheap) from some Wonder 8 Ginseng and whatnot. Looking for some red ginseng to infuse in the oil. I like my concoction. It beats just about everything else I have collecting dust. I knew when she was promoting the W.8, she was on to something real. Natural oils are great for hair and ginseng stimulates hairgrowth. I like it. I might try hers too, one day. I like Shima. She's cute.

Did I try to rewrite history?

<SNIP>

I had no other intent than that. LET THE OP (me) PERSONALLY END THIS THREAD. But I will post if my hair does particularly well on this oil. OK?

Not supporting Shima does not equal not supporting black business.

PERIOD.

I could give a damn whether this thread ends by you or if a mod closes it at their discretion.

Good luck with your oil.

Not supporting Shima does not equal not supporting black business.

PERIOD.

I could give a damn whether this thread ends by you or if a mod closes it at their discretion.

Good luck with your oil.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Gracias. Merci. Thank you. Xie-xie. Doh je. Shoukran. Grazie. Spasibo. Obrigado. Mahadsanid.

Ya'll a mess. I love it! :lachen: :fridge:

I'm curious OP do you have a list of ingredients. I wonder if almond oil, coconut, and olive oil are in the ingredients because I have heard that they do stimulate and increase growth.

Oh, OP how does the oil make your hair feel? What consistency does it have, thick and heavy flow, medium flow or light flow? I used some Vatika oil yesterday and my hair has a slight crunchyness to it. Which is a sign of mineral oil/pretroleum product. I hope that's not the case.

I think it was all the stuff you wrote about supporting black business that got folks riled up in here...

:hide:

That's what did it for me.

If OP likes her oil, ok, fine. But don't blame LHCF's lack of support on our "not supporting black business". That was an insult to the board.

Just remembering that drama she brought to the boards in the past puts a bad taste in my mouth. :perplexed I wish those memories hadn't been evoked.

Also curious as to the ingredients, because via this board it seems you could probably save yourself some money and recreate it yourself. :drunk: You know how we do!

In any event, OP I wish you luck.......

I might try her oil. However, I think it's ridiculous that anyone would believe that any oil promotes growth.

If I do purchase, it will be for the same purpose as my other oils as a sealant.
i thanked you because i agree that if you buy an oil it shouldnt be for hair growth. it should be for sealants and HOT.
i wont purchase this oil because its too much drama surronding it but i do love products from small black owned business. i will always buy hairveda's cocasta oil and vatika frosting and my mom's hair has been thriving with shescentit's products. i love supporting these black businesses but i would never buy an oil for hair growth.

Awww ladies that is not fair:perplexed I was wondering why my first post hardly got a response. :spinning::spinning: I guess my topic was just in line with what she is known for. I am a newbie from Philly who does not know Shima and I found it HILARIOUS:lachen:that her back story was being put on blast. I learned more about her reading the first three pages of this thread before I even hit her website. Riotous indeed.

I think my name is a little rough for the forum. I may change it but I'm a born skeptic so I tend to swing left in disbelief before I take someone's word for it. I'm a sweetheart but honestly it fits. I don't post often because alot of what I'm thinking has already been said.

I will say this joining this forum has done wonders for my hair and in my belief that real black woman support real black woman. Everything I've learned here has helped me in my HHJ.

I'll update with a flick soon. Thanks in advance for all your help ladies:grin:

SG - To be fair though, the OP has one sentence about Shima oil and 2 paragraphs about not supporting black businesses.

To the OP, I look forward to your updates regarding the product especially around the 10 month mark. :yep:
Damn I wanna thank you twice! But then I figured great marketing tool! Rave review then BAM....Okie Doke!

Last edited:
Hi Ballerina, No I'm not running into the corner hiding yet. Yes. I did buy the DVD last year...heck it was only $10.00 and sometimes my curiosity gets the better of me. It was a very short DVD showing her in the mirror demonstrating her main protective style which is basically a bun done with a satin-covered flexirod covered by a scrunchy. The other syle was a french roll made full inside with Kanekelon hair. Her other tips were to "relax you hair for more managebility" and to "keep your hair moisturized" and to keep the protective style in for 2 weeks in which time you will have 1/4 inch growth. Then take out the protective style, wash and protective style all over again. I think if you watch her series of videos on youtube she says about the same things. Thanks for asking this and if you want I can lend you the DVD instead of you buying it (hope I can find it)

Ginseng smells a little like if you go into an incense store...somewhat herbal. The three oils in Shima Oil are Ginseng, Almond, and Soybean. It is a thin oil.

Regarding Oil. I also ran out and tried Sylver2's pure Jojoba Oil on my ends. I never have tried that one before although I have tried tea-tree and Extra Virgin Coconut. I didn't care so much for the Jojoba Oil....just goes to show even though I thought she and I had the same type of hair everyone's hair is a little different.

Good information, thanks. Did she show what type of products she uses? Like shampoo, etc...?

Awww ladies that is not fair:perplexed I was wondering why my first post hardly got a response. :spinning::spinning: I guess my topic was just in line with what she is known for. I am a newbie from Philly who does not know Shima and I found it HILARIOUS:lachen:that her back story was being put on blast. I learned more about her reading the first three pages of this thread before I even hit her website. Riotous indeed.

I think my name is a little rough for the forum. I may change it but I'm a born skeptic so I tend to swing left in disbelief before I take someone's word for it. I'm a sweetheart but honestly it fits. I don't post often because alot of what I'm thinking has already been said.

I will say this joining this forum has done wonders for my hair and in my belief that real black woman support real black woman. Everything I've learned here has helped me in my HHJ.

Im sorry Newbie...Welcome to the board:kiss:

i didn't make it :lol:
but sorry it didn't work for u i loves it.

:nono: So Suspicious:look:

i didn't make it :lol:

but sorry it didn't work for u i loves it.
Oh Sylver2. You are almost famous on here. What you use, many will try. Actually I had read about the many benefits of Jojoba and so when you said it worked for you I tried it. I really was surprised that I wasn't like "wow". I also ran out and got Rusk (the large size because of you). I do see why you like it, but it just didn't work for me somehow. I think this just proves that no matter who you think is your "hair twiin" that due to many factors, everyone's hair is a little different.

I love your regimen and your hair. Thanks for the inspiration and please take what I said as a compliment.

Hear hear!!! I made my own (cuz I'm cheap) from some Wonder 8 Ginseng and whatnot. Looking for some red ginseng to infuse in the oil. I like my concoction. It beats just about everything else I have collecting dust. I knew when she was promoting the W.8, she was on to something real. Natural oils are great for hair and ginseng stimulates hairgrowth. I like it. I might try hers too, one day. I like Shima. She's cute.

I like your positivity. Yea, I did notice in the DVD she had Wonder 8 Ginseng Miracle on the vanity. I use that sometimes too...I gave up the Botanicals oil because in the very fine print it said it containec Mineral Oil.

Just remembering that drama she brought to the boards in the past puts a bad taste in my mouth. :perplexed I wish those memories hadn't been evoked.

Also curious as to the ingredients, because via this board it seems you could probably save yourself some money and recreate it yourself. :drunk: You know how we do!

In any event, OP I wish you luck.......

wow long time girl :wave:

Back