Got my Shima Oil yesterday...Tried it...Nice...

OP can you give us an update on the Shima Oil? Did it make you retain more length?

I bought it again, so this is my second bottle. I like very much the oil, but it is not a staple of mine. It is a "special occasion oil" because it is too expensive to use every day, and because it is quite light...doesn't absorb the way my staple oils do (Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Oil and EVCO).
But it is the type of oil that you would use when you want you hair to still have a lot of movement and sheen.

I also tried her "Hairline Creme". It is basically a whipped up version of the oil with a water base. It does lay down your edges, but I probably will not buy this again. Again. Very expensive, and except for the wonderful scent, I am happy with my staple products.

Remember it is not what you use on your hair...it is what you DON't use. Not what you do to your hair, but what you DON't do.

I bought it again, so this is my second bottle. I like very much the oil, but it is not a staple of mine. It is a "special occasion oil" because it is too expensive to use every day, and because it is quite light...doesn't absorb the way my staple oils do (Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Oil and EVCO).
But it is the type of oil that you would use when you want you hair to still have a lot of movement and sheen.

I also tried her "Hairline Creme". It is basically a whipped up version of the oil with a water base. It does lay down your edges, but I probably will not buy this again. Again. Very expensive, and except for the wonderful scent, I am happy with my staple products.

Remember it is not what you use on your hair...it is what you DON't use. Not what you do to your hair, but what you DON't do.

Nicely said, thanks for the update :yep: do you have any info on the red ginseng extract?

Thanks for the update as well OP I was really interested in the results as well just like I am with every hair product spoken of in this forum. It seems alot of women in this forum cant help but share their negative opinions even when it isnt asked for. Its like the threads that ask for "pics only and limited/no comments" and you end up with limited pics and a book of comments :ohwell:

Thanks for the update as well OP I was really interested in the results as well just like I am with every hair product spoken of in this forum. It seems alot of women in this forum cant help but share their negative opinions even when it isnt asked for. Its like the threads that ask for "pics only and limited/no comments" and you end up with limited pics and a book of comments :ohwell:

ROFLMAO!!!!! ^^^^^ which threads R those:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
Does anyone use red ginseng though?

I think the negative remarks were in reference to such and such person's style of selective marketing and stealing pictures of some members... Yeah the threads are there, I don't want this one locked before I gather some info about ginsen lol.

Anyway, think i'll go research that too. In simple terms it's good to be an educated consumer.

Last edited:
I've been looking myself but haven't gotten much info, I'm not even sure if it's red ginseng that promotes growth or one of the other ginseng's (such as North American or Chinese or etc) from what little I've seen there hasn't been anything very conclusive mentioned but if you find anything pm me!

Back