Oil on Pillowcases

Phoenix14

Come on ladies with all the coconut, castor, olive, BT, and whatever oils we're using we have some stained pillowcases out there. Does anyone have a tried and true trick for getting the oil out? I am getting tired of flipping my pillow over because there's a huge oil stain on it.

Come on ladies with all the coconut, castor, olive, BT, and whatever oils we're using we have some stained pillowcases out there. Does anyone have a tried and true trick for getting the oil out? I am getting tired of flipping my pillow over because there's a huge oil stain on it.

Interesting, I use a combination of coconut, castor and sweet almond oil, as well as emu oil on my body at night, and I have never had any problems with oil stains. What oils are you using?

I haven't slept without a plastic cap or Saran wrap (ie a baggy) since jheri curl days and have never stopped. Even now when I don't use products on my head, I baggy. I also baggied when I used to use Paltas and when I used natural oils to regrow a bald patch. Oh and I do baggy when I am wearing my hair out and using SCurl. Baggying is the way to go!

Best advice dont over do the oils. To remove grease try Grease lightning. The stuff works even on old grease stains.

Yes, put the pillowcase in an area where nothing or no one can bother it. Put babypowder or any powder made with Talco on the oil spots and let it sit for 1 whole day.

Afterwards, place in washer as normal on the cold setting.

I had a shirt that had a oil stain for 3 days, right in the front of my ches, and I did this and no one can tell there was ever an oil stain on it. :nono:

One word. Shampoo. I've been using shampoo as a spot treatment before throwing in the wash with good results. I don't use a lot of product, just sometimes I go to bed w/wet hair and it'll seem thru my
plastic/ scarf/bonnet combo. I'll also sometimes put a towel or old t-shirt over my pillowcase to catch any spills.

I have oil all over my pillows. Till I started sleeping on a clean towel. (after I put on my satin scarf of course!) Thanks for the tips.:grin:

Interesting, I use a combination of coconut, castor and sweet almond oil, as well as emu oil on my body at night, and I have never had any problems with oil stains. What oils are you using?

me either my pillow cases must by dry and thirsty like my hair

I use cocunut oil and I never had that problem. Maybe you are using too much? My hair just sucks it all up. I also tie my hair with a scarf or I use a bonnett.

I use cocunut oil and I never had that problem. Maybe you are using too much? My hair just sucks it all up. I also tie my hair with a scarf or I use a bonnett.

To the OP. I experioece this if I do not wrap my hair and sleep directly on my satin pillow cases. I had started to wear a scarf to bed and its been great in absorbing the oil.

I find that by letting the oil soak in for a few hours before laying down avoids the oily pillowcases. Only my scarves get oily now. Shout advanced for set in stains(small blue bottle) has gotten oil out for me. HTH.

If I am pre-pooing overnight, I put the oil on, then a satin scarf, followed by a bonnet and then a turbo twistie. Otherwise I don't overdo it and just sleep with the scarf or bonnet without any staining. HTH Q

I use satin pillowcases and I never see oil stain but last night I took a nap over my parents house and I left a big huge oil stain on their pillowcase:nono:.

I have oil all over my pillows. Till I started sleeping on a clean towel. (after I put on my satin scarf of course!) Thanks for the tips.:grin:

Thanks for the tip. Since, I joined LHCF I have damaged so many pillowcases even when wearing my satin bonnet.

Back