Garnier Fructis... any buyers?

shortness

Hello all,
Last night I did my first ever co-wash and it felt WONDERFUL. I can tell a difference with my hair too. So co-washed with Garnier Fructis smooth and sleek conditioner. They I applied my own leave in treatment (olive oil, infusium, and federick feraki (sp?) hair glossing creme. Then I applied garnier fructis soft curls balm to my hair and twisted into little bumps all over my head. This morning I woke up to BANGING curls. I am now at work and I am constantly getting complements. My questions is...
Do I want to try this for another day?
Is Garnier Fructis good for your hair? (yays and nays please)
I did not put much oil in my hair and now it has a weird feeling... semi moist, semi dry... should I keep trying this regiment... maybe it will get more moist if I continue doing it...
Hmm.. I am just confused and advice

shortness said:
Hello all,
Last night I did my first ever co-wash and it felt WONDERFUL. I can tell a difference with my hair too. So co-washed with Garnier Fructis smooth and sleek conditioner. They I applied my own leave in treatment (olive oil, infusium, and federick feraki (sp?) hair glossing creme. Then I applied garnier fructis soft curls balm to my hair and twisted into little bumps all over my head. This morning I woke up to BANGING curls. I am now at work and I am constantly getting complements. My questions is...
Do I want to try this for another day?
Is Garnier Fructis good for your hair? (yays and nays please)
I did not put much oil in my hair and now it has a weird feeling... semi moist, semi dry... should I keep trying this regiment... maybe it will get more moist if I continue doing it...
Hmm.. I am just confused and advice

I can only speak for myself. My hair loves it.

Keen said:
I can only speak for myself. My hair loves it.
What's your regiment? What products do you use?
I might take a pic of my hair tonight to share with you all. I like the way it looks. After my next co-wash I guess I will know how good the product is

I recently discovered garnier long and strong system, my hair loves it, and I love the smell of it. I use it for my daily CO washes as well as a regular staple. I think it is definitely a keeper. :p

My hair loves the long and strong. I have no shedding when I use this stuff. My daughter love it too. Her hair is really thriving.

I love garnier fructis. I have that whole line. But it might have been the combination of things that helped you achieve the curls you loved. I feel like garnier is full of lies when it comes to their soft curl cream, hard curl gel and all the others..

carribean_dream said:
I love garnier fructis. I have that whole line. But it might have been the combination of things that helped you achieve the curls you loved. I feel like garnier is full of lies when it comes to their soft curl cream, hard curl gel and all the others..
What do you mean? Do you not like the soft curl cream?

I love it. I've used the Shampoo and Conditioner, and the Soft Curl Cream works great for my wash 'n goes. I recently used it to create my two-strand twists and it was great. My twists held and were nice and soft to the touch. I have yet to try the Hard Gel.

ETA: the curl cream does contain cones, but I don't worry about that. I haven't noticed any build up on my hair, and I clarify every now and then.

Last edited:
I use their Shampoo and Conditioner. I might have to investigate the curl creme at some point since some of you are having good results with it.

I tried the Garnier Long and Strong Leave-in tonight.

I really love it.

I have been looking for a creamy leave-in and NTM's just did not do it for me.

Giant has Garnier on sale 2 for $5 and I had a coupon for $3 off 2 Garnier items. I got this and one other Garnier item for $1 each!

Anyway, I put the leave-in on after towel drying and before applying my Silken Seal. I am very happy with the results and softness.

Anyone that can get a good deal to try this stuff should give it a whirl.

I had the smooth n sleek conditioner...and it sucked on my hair, but I do love the styling putty (when I was relaxed it was great for doing buns) and my new fave is the soft curl cream... it does a great job on my twists/braids

it smells great and my hair liked it but i jumped on the ntm bandwagon i need to go back because ntm costs too much to be a drug store brand it never goes on sale but garnier does and it goes on clearance too w/ a bonus milk or conditioner attached to the big bottles

I'll be giving these a try (Smooth and Sleek Conditioner and Soft Curls Balm)...I have the shampoo in the cabinet but it's cause my sweetie pie uses it...it makes his hair smell like apples...I never knew I liked apples so much...or maybe it's cause HE SMELLS LIKE THEM. :look:

I have the ends treatment and I REALLY like that. :up:

Back