Garnier Fructis - Are Transitioners using this? Results?

naturalmanenyc

My line of demarcation is becoming increasingly difficult to handle at 35 weeks post.

I have Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine conditioner and it's doing NOTHING for my hair. I keep hearing good things about Length & Strength conditioner and leave-in, Hydra Curls aka Curl & Shine conditioner & leave-in and also the new Strength & Repair line.

Anyone have good results with these products or any other Garnier products on transitioning hair?

Thanks!

I decided to pick this up on Wednesday and found it on sale at riteaid ($5 rebate with purchase of 3 Garnier products). CVS did not have the line nor did Duane Reade and Target was sold out ($2.99 sale).

I used the new line, strength & repair, Thursday and today and am having good results. Detangling has been a breeze - even at the line of demarcation (I'm 36 weeks post). I bought the conditioner ($3.50) which came with a 2 oz sample of poo & conditioner and I also bought the melting masque ($3.50) and a leave-in (length & strength Weightless Anti-Split Ends Treatment for $6.99). Prices are before the $5 rebate.

i love the strength and repair it saved me from doing something crazy while i was stretching this summer.

i bought the length and strength and im not too jazzed about it or sleek and shine either i guess i was expecting strength and repair results ill keep them around for a bit to see if my hair starts liking once its a few months post if not they'll make great conditioners for my extensions and wonderful shaving cream.

I have a huge bottle of sleek & shine condish and it did NOTHING for my hair. Granted, that was a few months ago so I may revisit it. I never tossed it out.

The longer I get into this transition the more I realize that my relaxed hair products don't necessarily work on my curly hair.

Just want to report that I am still using Garnier Strength & Repair conditioner to cowash daily and I am getting great results. I added the leave in (length & strength) and a half dollar size amount of water based shine wax (strong version) on wet hair. Brushed it into a ponytail & added my phony pony.

I love it - such a cute hair style in under 5 minutes once I step out of the shower.

Strength & Repair condish & poo were $2.67 at Walmart (not on sale) and the shine wax was $2.94.

I am not a transitioner but I do stretch my relaxers and what helps me with detangling when my new growth is impossible to comb through is the Garnier Smoothing Milk. It is a leave in product. I have 4b hair and my new growth is very hard to manage. This and the Garnier Serum make my new growth very soft and easier to comb.

I'm not transitioning, but I use the Wonder Waves line when I airdry....Its great for me at 15+ weeks, I know thats no comparison to your 35 weeks, but HTH...

ETA: The sleek and shine coditioner and leave in did nothing for me, but the leave in works great on my natural daughter when I bun her hair......

I'm not transitioning but I do stretch for 19 weeks or so. The strength and repair melting masque is an excellent detangler.:yep:

Back