Naturals...leave in conditioner help!

Sherbetcane

i am using kms moisturizing leave in conditioner right now but it seems to make my hair crunchy and really hard to comb what helps it soften my hair a bit is my own home made spritz with aloe vera and glycerine, this is a list of leave in's i used. they were all totally crap!!:nono:

giovanni direct leave in
garnier fructis sleek and shine
garnier fructis sleek and shine oil replacement
energy aloe vera leave in
main and tail conditioner

i used soo many i just cant remember them...they were just too bad i totally forgot them

are u following up with a butter? Sometimes leave-ins can only go so far...
I use the mane n tail condish but I have to come strong with a butter/cream of some sort (curls whipped cream is my fave) cuz it has cetearyl alcohol in it... which dries my hair... same with qhemet burdock root butter cream

try to find some organic products without cetearyl alcohol... that might help...

Sherbetcane

are u following up with a butter? Sometimes leave-ins can only go so far...
I use the mane n tail condish but I have to come strong with a butter/cream of some sort (curls whipped cream is my fave) cuz it has cetearyl alcohol in it... which dries my hair... same with qhemet burdock root butter cream

try to find some organic products without cetearyl alcohol... that might help...

so what are u using to keep it moisturized?

SignatureBeauty

I used that Giovanni Leave In and it sucked for my hair no matter how I used it, it left my hair kind of hard, right now I am using John Frieda Nourshing Leave In (Diluted) and then top with my QB Heavy Cream and I am good, I use to Love Biolage Daily Tonic Leave In, but haven't been ablt to get it.

MonPetite

I've reviewed several but I had success with Yes to Cucumbers Leave-in, Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship leave-in and using Suave conditioners.

Cetearyl alcohol, is a fatty-alcohol often used as filler and used because of its coating properties that help smooth the cuticle. I do believe it is in the Yes to Cucumbers Leave-in. I've reviewed all of these in great length on my blog. HTH.

Creatividual

I use Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk as a leave in and as a daily moisturizer. When I use it as a leave in, I like to seal with castor oil. It leaves my hair so soft and moisturized everytime.

Supervixen

I love NTM Leave In, I have to use waaaaaaaay more than the dime sized or quarter sized amount, but it leaves my hair so soft. I also seal with grease (not oil). LOL.

Soliel185

leave in is just conditioner in a different bottle IMO. :grin:

My favorite leave ins are all great co-washing conditioners - I love Suave Tropical Coconut, the Vo5 Moisture Milks, and on occasion - Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango. Herbal Essences as leave ins tend to leave my hair a bit hard. I love going for the cheapies b/c I have A LOT of hair and they're all easy to get hold of.

I follow this with an Oil/Oil mix to seal. My fav single oil is Coconut or Vatika (enriched Coconut). my favorite mix is Coconut and EVOO together. My Super Power Oil is Castor Oil - it would seal a crack in a ship it's so thick. :lachen: Add a few drops of another lighter oil you like if it's too thick for your hair, or too hard to spread. I use this pretty much on ends only.

After that I would add my gel/holding product if I'm using any.

To refresh from day to day I use a spritz like yours - Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, and Rose Water. I sometimes add other bits and pieces, but those three things are the main ingredients. Keeps my hair soft ALL day and prefect for re-activating curls when I wake up in the AM. HTH!

For maintenance - make sure you're doing your regular DC's and treatments. Healthy pampered hair will hold moisture better. :yep:

ETA:

A word of caution - the castor oil will make your hair seriously soft - but also seriously greasy if you overuse it. You may have to experiment a bit to get the right amount for your hair texture.

chebaby

my hair loves giovanni direct leave in. i dont even have to follow with a butter, cream or oil when i use this.

but my all time fave leave in is karens body beautiful hair milk. that stuff is amazing. so much so that i have 6 bottle and will never be without that stuff. it works by itself and well with other products.

i also like kinky curly knot today. i normally use that it i havent had the proper amount of time to detaingle and it keeps my hair super soft.

i have been natural for just 5 months but these products are staples.

if you need a cream to seal it in with the best thing to use is african yellow unrefined shea butter mixed with extra virgin coconut oil. or karens body beautiful hair cream. or coconut oil.

FtrDrO

Initially,not long after my BC, I tried Giovanni Direct and it was crap on my hair. It left my hair crunchy.....at least so I thought. I retired it for a couple of months but ended up revisiting Giovanni after I clarified and cut out some products with cones for awhile. My hair LOVES it now. It leaves it so soft, silky, and moisturized. So my advice? Clarify and maybe revisit some of those products. You might be pleasantly surprised.

gorgeoushair

leave in is just conditioner in a different bottle IMO. :grin:

My favorite leave ins are all great co-washing conditioners - I love Suave Tropical Coconut, the Vo5 Moisture Milks, and on occasion - Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango. Herbal Essences as leave ins tend to leave my hair a bit hard. I love going for the cheapies b/c I have A LOT of hair and they're all easy to get hold of.

I follow this with an Oil/Oil mix to seal. My fav single oil is Coconut or Vatika (enriched Coconut). my favorite mix is Coconut and EVOO together. My Super Power Oil is Castor Oil - it would seal a crack in a ship it's so thick. :lachen: Add a few drops of another lighter oil you like if it's too thick for your hair, or too hard to spread. I use this pretty much on ends only.

After that I would add my gel/holding product if I'm using any.

To refresh from day to day I use a spritz like yours - Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerine, and Rose Water. I sometimes add other bits and pieces, but those three things are the main ingredients. Keeps my hair soft ALL day and prefect for re-activating curls when I wake up in the AM. HTH!

For maintenance - make sure you're doing your regular DC's and treatments. Healthy pampered hair will hold moisture better. :yep:

ETA:

A word of caution - the castor oil will make your hair seriously soft - but also seriously greasy if you overuse it. You may have to experiment a bit to get the right amount for your hair texture.

I believe this too...the creamy leave ins:)