Gain 1 Lose 10 in 2010 Challenge!

jjenni2004

Ok, so I'm really late...I meant to post on the 31st, but I got cought up with work...SORRY!!!

My starting weight is...geeze...220!!!
My goal weight for the challenge is 180
My ultimate goal weight is between 155-165.

My hair goal is about 4 more inches...if that's realistic for the challenge.

My fitness and nutrition routine will be doing a combination of Dr. Ian's Fat Smash Diet (9 Day Detox), and his 4 Day Diet for the remainder of the challenge.

I will be working out 5 days a week: 5 day's of Cardio for an hour (Kickboxing, Zumba, Step, and Boot Camp). And I'll be doing 3 days of weight training (Body Pump and self). I'm ready to get back into my two peices (and I don't mean tankini's) for this summer!!!! I'm going to LA and Jamaica before the end of the year and I'm tryin' to look fierce!

For my hair, I will be using protective styles on most days...bun's mostly. DC'ing every week...and a limited amount of heat. Roller Sets are going to be my best friend!!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

Charlie555

Today is my relaxer day so I will do my hair & come back to add my starting pics.

ETA: Ok so I took my starting picture and I am not willing to post it until I see some progress :nono::lachen:

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

Congrats Ms. Blue!:yay:

It's been quite a struggle getting into the right mindset...but I think I'm getting there. I haven't gone any where near a scale because I don't want to get discouraged. I'm just taking it one day at a time.:yep:

yods

2 lbs lost, how are you guys doing? If anyone is trying to lose the weight without gym membership just to let you know that i found Billy Banks exercise videos on youtube really good. I am hoping to learn yoga this way too.

ms.blue

Losing weight has always been hard for me b/c once I start seeing actual progress, I start to slack off. I really want to stay motivated.

Ruby True

Checking in and about 5 lbs lost. I ordered Chalean :twister:turbojam and I tell you still it s great. I am still struggling on low manip for my hair.

lushlady

My current weight is 173.3 lbs. and my goal is 145 lbs. I've lost 6 lbs so far. These are my most recent hair and body pics. I see a difference in my waist area already, but that is always the first to go for me.

Last edited:

MizzBrit

i've lost about 10lbs since the day i decided to join..currently doing insanity and my hair is still in plaits under a wig

lolascurls

Time to quickly post starting stat before I chicken out later!
Height 5'3"
Starting weight 138 lbs
Goal weight 117 lbs

Starting hair length: ~ 1 inch past BSL
Goal length WL (3-4 more inches!)

:wow: I did it! Now for the plan:
I realised yesterday that i didn't start to see results with my hair until I had a VISION for my hair. My overwhelming Purpose for starting my hair journey over a year ago was to get healthier hair (at that point I still wanted to stay relaxed). I figured, rightly that length would follow.
Just making the decision to get healthier hair was enough for me to start seeing progress without too many changes to my routine. I was APL in a blink of an eye!
Now, I want to be at a healthier weight for me (because I know I'm not very healthy right now). In the same way I did with my hair, I want my routine to be something sustainable, simple yet that I will learn to enjoy (co-washing, oil rinsing, DCing come to mind now! lol!)

So
1) I've got my exercise bike and I tend to use that 3 -4 times a week for 30-70 minute sessions each day.
2) I also have a pedometer with the aim of getting 10,000 steps minimum each day or most days!

My friend was trying to talk me into signing up for a marathon next year but:
1) I don't know if I'll still be in the country then.....
2) I don't know if I want to kill myself that way
3) Can I even run for 1 mile non-stop now?!!!
4) (this one is good) I want to motivate myself and do 5k or 10k runs first then maybe a half-marathon by the end of the year.

I have other ideas of sports I would like to try:
1) Hiking trails
2) Mountain climbing (I used to rock climb as a teen)
3) Cycling long distances

There are my initial thoughts and efforts towards my goals. I am also taking SPIRULINA< multivits and minerals, garlic oil pills and MSM daily to boost the hair front.

Good luck, ladies!

lushlady

My hair has been looking and feeling great. I can claim APL :eek:)
I only lost one pound. Currently at 172 lbs. I need to think about the past few weeks and see what adjustments need to be made.

Curly Lee

Checking in:
Hair is fine and growing. I'm gonn use the summer to take better care of my hurr.
I haven't lost any weight I don't think which is expected because I haven't began working out or eating right. Now that school is out and I'm not as busy with finals I plan to focus on my weightloss more. 20 pounds by the end of summer is completely plausible!

Ruby True

checking in
I am somewhere between 225- 230. The initial 5 lbs stayed off which is good.It may be water weight. I fell off my low carb diet for the last two weeks and haven't exercised. I will try to return this week. My hair is shedding like mad. I'll try black tea rinses and hope it helps.
Must keep motivated

Truth

Checkin in...I've gained hair...and I really haven't been monitoring my weight ..I can say..it ain't cute.... so I'ma try this again... this time hopefully with good results

loveisnthehouse

I haven't kept up with my side of the bargain for the gain 1 lose 10 challenge. Do to outside circumstances I haven't been able to get online and check up and send the messages. How have you all been doing? Have you lost any weight?

afrocentric_soul

I completed Week 1 of the Insanity Workout. I already feel healthier. Currently weighing 124.2. For a total weight loss of 6.8 lbs. The gaining hair length is my struggle...time to hide my hair in braids for a few weeks...

Last edited:

Ruby True

Checking in. About 220-225lb. I weigh myself everyday which I know is wrong :nono:but I cant help it. That is my I have a weight range. I did Chalean turbo jam last week. I am really into my supplements as well. I have to be more consistent. Hairwise I will be nine weeks post on Sunday and its no joke. I plan to really deep condition my hair then.

yods

Hi Guys, sorry for the late checkin. Hair is doing good but can't tell you exactly how much its grown since am natural, plus I had a less then half inch trim a few weeks ago.

I have lost weight though!!! 11 pounds lost so far now I am down to 159 woo hooo.

curlyninjagirl

Dang it! I'm exactly 3 months late to this challenge! I'm 30 lbs down and three inches up since January! Oh well, GOOD LUCK everyone! I'll be right by you from the sidelines LOL