Gain 1 Lose 10 in 2010 Challenge!

pinkchocolatedaisy

I go shopping and buy fresh veggies biweekly. I eat fish about 3 times a week and other days I eat chicken. I'm really trying to eat more veggeis (I feel so much better when I do) and incorporate more protein in my diet.

For me, it's more about calorie/carb/fat/protein counting. I use this really great tool on www.self.com. You can log in what you ate as well as your workouts. It's free...I don't think you have to subscribe to the mag to use this. So I keep posted on my fridge what my calorie/protein/fat/carbs/protein needs are based on my customized profile. I try to keep a diary of what I eat. When I stick to this, I get good results. AT the beginning of the year, I was doing this and dropped 5 pounds. Then I lost 2 more...but I gained them back! :nono:

I'm also going to the gym 4 times a week- I do cardio (stairmaster) and weights.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I would like to join you guys as well. (I would like reminders).

I'm only trying to lose 10 pounds. I mainly want to tone up. I had a baby last year and I'm not overweight but I could be tighter. For health reasons (I am horribly anemic), I need to start eating healthy so this challenge came right on time. I recently bought a Gazelle (it was super cheap!) so thats perfect as well. Can't wait to start!

Blessedmocha

Thankyou OP for this thread. Add me please and please also send me reminders for updates.

My starting weight is 165. My goal weight is 130 - 135.
My starting hair length is BSL. Goal length is MBL-WL.
For exercise I do 30mins of HIIT & 60mins weight lifting 4x a week. (total 90mins per/day)

Curly Lee

Okay here are my starting statistics:
My Starting weight is 185 and I would like to be 165 by the end of the challenge.
(I am 5" 6')
As for hair length I can post a picture because I have a twa, I don't have a specific growth point in mind by the end of the year, at least collar bone length would be great. But in general I just want healthy hair without any setbacks.

Last edited:

loveisnthehouse

Today is the first day of the challenge! It is the day where you post your pics, your weight and how you are going to reach your goals! This is going to be an exciting journey and I look forward to seeing everyone's responses and progress.

Curly Lee

Okay here are my starting statistics:
My Starting weight is 185 and I would like to be 165 by the end of the challenge.
(I am 5" 6')
As for hair length I can post a picture because I have a twa, I don't have a specific growth point in mind by the end of the year, at least collar bone length would be great. But in general I just want healthy hair without any setbacks.

How you will attain a healthy body weight: I will work out 4-5 days per week. That is all for now because me and diets don't get along (I mean it has DIE in the name. not good right!? lol )
How you will retain your healthy hair: I plan on twisting to stretch my ends and prevent tangles then wearing the twistout for 3-4 days. I also will continue to DC weekly. Sometime in the summer I plan to get microbraids or kinky twists.

Pictures:

chickory_bee

I'm in! Thank Heavens I caught this intime! Please send me reminders too :yawn:
I am planning to lose 20lbs (although that is pushing it). I also want to gain a bunch of inches...but realistically speaking, 3 is great!

milaydy31

My starting weight: 173.6 (my goal is 125.4, so 48.2 to go)
I plan to workout 30 to 45 min daily and to eat healthy (vegetables, fish... stop fastfood:wallbash:)

My starting lenght: SL
I'm part of the sulfur challenge and I plan to wear braids with extentions until the end of this year (until APL). I'm transitioning.

Milaydy

Attachments

• 03-04-20101.jpg
    03-04-20101.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

ms.blue

Starting weight 214.4lbs (i can't believe I got so heavy)
height 5'8.5".
hair is barely apl
short term goal 20lbs
long term goal 60lbs
Currently I'm on a detox program to basically flush out my body. Cardio 3-4 times a week, weights twice a week and walking whenever possible. I'm going to limit the amount of junk I eat which is cookies and cakes. Limit the amount of soda I drink to 1-2 cans per week and increase my water intake. Add more fruit & vegetables to my diet and severely cut the amount of fried foods I eat. I'm going to start keeping a journal of what I ate and how I felt about it (i get emotional sometimes which causes me to eat sometimes) Find distractions to keep me busy so I won't eat.

Last edited:

missann

Thinking....
Count me in -- I just started Insanity today. I plan to walk also.

For hair, I'll try to keep my hair and ends moisturized and tie my hair up at night, maybe even baggy it.

yods

Starting weight 170 (arrrgggghhhhh)
height 5'2"
hair is just about sl
goal is to be 130ish by the end of the year

I can't incorporate exercise for a few weeks because I just had surgery on my leg. From mid april I will do 4 days a week either cardio or weights. I will also limit sweets to weekends only. For now will just work on a clean healthy diet.

I nearly didn't post these pics because I was so disgusted with myself for letting things get so far :nono: but I think it is the kick in the backside I need.

Also excuse the house, in the middle of major renovations.

Attachments

• 2010-03-30 21.21.35.jpg
    2010-03-30 21.21.35.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2010-03-30 22-47-35.193.jpg
    2010-03-30 22-47-35.193.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

loveisnthehouse

Starting weight 272.5
starting hair length of bang 5 inchs

For hair i will be taking HSN vits, drinking more water and using OCT when it comes

For body I will eat better, drink water and excersize

loveisnthehouse

Hi ladies!

I thought I would stop by and share the diet I am on with you all. I have done it in the past and had great results because its a clean diet:

Breakfast: 1oz oatmeal (cooks up to be 3/4 of a cup), 1 serving of fruit, 4oz of protein, 1 serving of dairy (milk or unsweetened plain yogurt)

Lunch: 4 oz protein, 6 oz of cooked (steamed or grilled veggies) and 6oz of salad w/ 1tbs of olive oil (good fat) instead of salad dressing.

Snack: 1 serving of dairy and 1 serving of fruit

Dinner: 4 oz protein, 6 oz of cooked (steamed or grilled veggies) and 6oz of salad w/ 1tbs of olive oil (good fat) instead of salad dressing and 3/4 cup brown rice or 1/2 small yam.

This comes to about 1200-1500 calories a day. I started out actually weighing my meals but after a few weeks I got good at eye balling everything.

This is what I follow and I am only sharing it to inspire others to research and develope a plan that works for them. *consult your physician before starting this or any other diet/exercise program*

Lets shed these pounds and grow long hair together ladies!!!!!​
:bdance:

Starting weight 170 (arrrgggghhhhh)
height 5'2"
hair is just about sl
goal is to be 130ish by the end of the year

I can't incorporate exercise for a few weeks because I just had surgery on my leg. From mid april I will do 4 days a week either cardio or weights. I will also limit sweets to weekends only. For now will just work on a clean healthy diet.

I nearly didn't post these pics because I was so disgusted with myself for letting things get so far :nono: but I think it is the kick in the backside I need.

Also excuse the house, in the middle of major renovations.

It's great that you posted the pics, that way you will have something to look back on down the road if you feel discouraged :)

loveisnthehouse

I'm in! Thank Heavens I caught this intime! Please send me reminders too :yawn:
I am planning to lose 20lbs (although that is pushing it). I also want to gain a bunch of inches...but realistically speaking, 3 is great!

Is it too late to join the challenge? I guess I'll be cheering everyone on from the sidelines then

You are free to post and write up about your experiences, however I am unable to add anyone else to challenge at this time.

pinkchocolatedaisy

Ok here are my starting pics: I posted 2 of my hair, one is a braidout and the other a twistout (both busted :blush: lol :look:)

And I hope the one of my body is big/good enough. DH took it for me.

I posted my goals/plans a few posts back (see post #61). I really want a flat tummy! I HATE looking pregnant when I'm not (which is exactly how I feel I look in my pic...thank goodness I haven't been asked lately!)

ETA: my wt today is 157lbs. I thought this challenge had started before today so I've lost one pound from last week lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 032310.jpg
    032310.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

Hi Ladies!

Just checking in. I just took my twists down, washed and straightened my hair out. When I get home, I'll post the dreaded weight stats and pics. I'm hoping this challenge will give me the jump start I need.:look:

More later...

lushlady

Starting weight: 179.0
Goal weight: 140

My plan to increase the duration and frequency of my workouts from 30 minutes 2-3 times a week to 4-5 times a week for 45 minutes. I would like to incorporate some weight bearing exercises with my cardio and yoga that I already do. I will also do a detox/cleanse beginning on April 5th. I will adjust my routine as needed. I’m a pretty healthy eater and already don’t eat junk food, but I need to pay more attention to my portions.

I would like to grow my hair to MBL (on me that’s about the same as BSL). Since it is getting warmer, I will start my summer hair routine soon which includes co-washing and bunning almost every day and a wash, protein treatment, and condition every two weeks. When I get bored I may do twists or braids. I probably won’t be able to give accurate updates on my hair growth until the fall as I only plan on straightening my hair one more time before the summer.

I will update this post with pictures over the weekend.

Happy weight loss and hair growth ladies!

Ruby True

Starting Weight 230 lbs ( did I just type that:nono: )
Goal Weight : 180 ( according to standards but I'm 5 "11:perplexed)

Hair wise : Neck length inching towards shoulder would like to be full should or apl by end of the year

I will jump started my metabolism by doing SBD for two weeks. I started the gym doing cardio three times a week and I would like to incorporate some weight training. Healthy eating no sodas, no sweets (lol) only whole grains, lean proteins and fruit. I want slow and steady weight loss

Attachments

• 100331_124806.jpg
    100331_124806.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 15
  • 100331_124755.jpg
    100331_124755.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 16

Shana'

For my weight, I would like to lose approx 50lbs. The most updated pic is my avatar. My weight loss plan is to
-Workout at least 4 days a week
-Utilize w/o dvd programs like the Biggest Loser series
-Going back to being a vegetarian
-Drinking at least half of my weigh in water

Here is my hair. I am 10 weeks and I will be relaxing next thursday. Since summer is coming, I will be co-washing and bunning primarily with a braid-out every once and a while.

Attachments

• HairMarch.jpg
    HairMarch.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

Okay, here goes...:nono:

Height: 5'3"
Starting Weight: 185.6 lbs. :nono::blush:
Short Term Goal Weight: 150 lbs.
Ultimate Goal: 136 lbs.

Weight Loss Plan:

I will go back to my last weight loss success, which is WeightWatchers. I will teach myself all over again about healthy food choices and portion control. Here comes the hard part...I will put forth the effort to get active (I detest exercise).

Hair Goals:

BSL - June 2010
MBL - Dec. 2010

Hair Growth Plan:

Protective styles (mainly twists, buns, twistouts, wash n' go)
Co-wash
Glycerin Based Products (CFC Gold)
Henna
Vitamins
Water

Now for the pix...

Attachments

• Front Profile (3-31-10).jpg
    Front Profile (3-31-10).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Side Profile (3-31-10).jpg
    Side Profile (3-31-10).jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Rearview Profile (3-31-10).jpg
    Rearview Profile (3-31-10).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 12

ChocoKitty

Adding my pics...
Height: About 5'2"
Starting weight: 148.5 lbs as of 03/31/10
Goal weight: 118 lbs
Goal hair length: Hip

Please excuse the dry look of my hair. It's blowdryer stretched; the ends have been lightly flatironed and kept slicked back in a loose bun with deep conditioner (and gel on occassion). It's wash night... :look:

Will add my regimen in a day or two.

Attachments

• body.png
    body.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 16
  • hair.png
    hair.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 21

afrocentric_soul

Starting weight 131. Height 5'1"
Goal weight: 115

Hair: Ear length
Goal Length: Healthy Shoulder length

For healthy hair, I am starting a DC regimen at least twice a week. In addition, I am only permitting myself to use the flat iron once a month. I am taking hair, skin, and nails vitamins and looking into the prospect of taking biotin. In addition, I am using MN and Mega Tek as growth aides. I use these with Vitamin E Oil and Shea Butter Oil.

For a healthy body, I am beginning cardio 3 times a week. Cardio includes at least 1.5 miles jogging on a treadmill and 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. I will also be doing 100 crunches each night on my Bosu and Bender balls. In addition, I am cutting back on sugars and fast food and upping my water intake...more to come

Ok...posting my starting pics... Good luck all!

Last edited:
Hay ladies i can't post pics right now but i am still hyped for this challenge.. i will be back with my hair and work out reggie soon.. i paid for three personal training sessions to get an idea of what i should be doing so i plan on doing those exercises and working on ways to alter my diet.. bbs =)