Found my staple moisturizer....

Blackoutzangel05

For the past month I have been using distilled water and V05 conditioner as my daily moisturizer and I thought that it was working. However, this morning I was simply tired of my new growth feeling so thick and dry daily, so I used my Elastra Mango Butter, since the first ingredient is purified water, I knew it could be a moisturizer applied it to my braids and flat twists in the front and also on my new growth along my braids. Then I proceeded to seal it with my oil mixture and put my plastic baggy on it and put on my 1/2 wig...Well I have had that on for awhile and when I come home I take my wig off. I am getting ready for a wash and had just brought Scurl because I have now come to realize distilled water and conditioner is not working for me. But when I felt my roots and hair when taking it out...I was shocked. My new growth was soft and lovely! It was no where near as tangled as it was when I was using the water and conditioner. I am amazed...so I will be taking that $6 S-curl right back to the store and next pay buying several jars of the mango butter, wish I knew where they had it and I could purchase in bulk....

Don't you just love when you find a staple product!!!!:grin:

Blackoutzangel05

tarheelgurl said:
I envy you for finding it! I am still looking!!

Thanks! I really didn't think that this was going to be it but I just knew that water and conditioner was not enough. My hair was still "thirsty" so I was going to try S-curl which so many have raved about, which would probably work for my hair as well. But for the next month I am sticking with the Mango butter and seeing how that works. I'm sure if I saw great results this instantly that its going to be a blessing to me! You will find yours, just take that whole trial and error thing!

Str8~Curly

Blackoutzangel05 said:
For the past month I have been using distilled water and V05 conditioner as my daily moisturizer and I thought that it was working. However, this morning I was simply tired of my new growth feeling so thick and dry daily, so I used my Elastra Mango Butter, since the first ingredient is purified water, I knew it could be a moisturizer applied it to my braids and flat twists in the front and also on my new growth along my braids. Then I proceeded to seal it with my oil mixture and put my plastic baggy on it and put on my 1/2 wig...Well I have had that on for awhile and when I come home I take my wig off. I am getting ready for a wash and had just brought Scurl because I have now come to realize distilled water and conditioner is not working for me. But when I felt my roots and hair when taking it out...I was shocked. My new growth was soft and lovely! It was no where near as tangled as it was when I was using the water and conditioner. I am amazed...so I will be taking that $6 S-curl right back to the store and next pay buying several jars of the mango butter, wish I knew where they had it and I could purchase in bulk....

Don't you just love when you find a staple product!!!!:grin:

Does it have protein? I really like B&B oil moisturizer, but I think I will find better. My hair is just so happy to have ANY moisturizer b/c before I lurked this board, I thought oil was moisturizing my hair. :lol:

Blackoutzangel05

Sar-I said:
Does it have protein? I really like B&B oil moisturizer, but I think I will find better. My hair is just so happy to have ANY moisturizer b/c before I lurked this board, I thought oil was moisturizing my hair. :lol:

I thought the same thing. :( I have heard that the conditioners do have some form of protein in them and that might have been what was happening. But I notice that my hair has always like creamy moisturizers, so that is what I went back to. So I am going to try this for the next few weeks and see how my hair responds. Its already alot softer! :grin: