DESPERATELY NEED A DAILY MOISTURIZER

taytay86

Ladies,

I have 4A type hair, love water based products, hate heavy creams etc. I need some good recommendations for a daily moisturizer. Since Elasta changed the formulation in Mango Butter, I'm at a loss and find myself constantly using leave in conditioner. I know alot of people stopped using mango butter since the change. Any recommendations for something like this?

TIA

I'm 3c/4a and my hair is loving Giovanni's Direct Leave In and OM Daily Leave In but the OM Leave in isn't CG friendly

ETA: I misinterpreted your post, but imo theres not much difference between a leave in and a moisturizer though :)

I second the Oyin Hair Dew (oyinhandmade.com). It's light, water-based, and definitely worth it. I also use Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Milk. You can find that at Target.

Do you know if your hair doesnt like the change that Mango Butter made?

Have you used it since the change, you might be surprised that your hair may still like it.

I still like mango butter but I love Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie. Curls line Cream Brule is also good

ScorpioRising said:
I'm 3c/4a and my hair is loving Giovanni's Direct Leave In and OM Daily Leave In but the OM Leave in isn't CG friendly

ETA: I misinterpreted your post, but imo theres not much difference between a leave in and a moisturizer though :)

I was thinking that too! But then I thought about build up. I prefer brands in store easy access. I was looking at dove but I don't think it's a leave in anyway....

ZebraPrintLover said:
Do you know if your hair doesnt like the change that Mango Butter made?

Have you used it since the change, you might be surprised that your hair may still like it.

Honestly not a fan of the new formula.

Wow you guys are giving me some names I've never heard of lol! I'm in Canada so not even sure if we have those brands here. We are getting target in the fall so hopefully they will bring us the American products.

I was browsing in Sally's...anyone use/like silk elements?

taytay86 said:
Wow you guys are giving me some names I've never heard of lol! I'm in Canada so not even sure if we have those brands here. We are getting target in the fall so hopefully they will bring us the American products.

I'm not but a lot of ladies are on here

taytay86 said:

Love silk elements(tan color) I have like 5 products from this line. The megasilk moisture treatment is grear so is the leave in

I second the Oyin Hair Dew (oyinhandmade.com). It's light, water-based, and definitely worth it. I also use Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Milk. You can find that at Target.

I still like mango butter but I love Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie. Curls line Cream Brule is also good

:yep:....I second the Shea Moisture Curl Milk and Curl Enhancing Smoothie as moisturizers. I looked it up and you can get it at Honey Fig if you live in Toronto and if not then http://www.honeyfig.com/ and good news is its on sale 10%off today thru the 29th and no tax for July. Im not sure what that price is compared to US Dollars, but here they run $10. Its around 20 CAD at honeyfig.

HTH!

It is cheaper for me to shop in the US and have it shipped or cross the border to Target to buy it then to buy from Honeyfig. Her prices are absolutely, through the roof ridiculous.

Just wait for Target in the fall. I am sure Target in Toronto will carry the Shea Moisture line.

This might not be what you are expecting, but I'm tired of always being on the losing end of discontinued product and/or formulas. I've resorted to making my own concoctions when possible so that I can control it's availability. I'd experiment with moisturizing ingredients in small batches until you come up with something you hair can take. Have you looked at the ingredients of the old product you liked? You might wish to start there.

On any given day I flirt between S Curl No Drip Activator, Hawaiian Silky 14-1 & KKKT :) They keep my hair Nice n Juicy!!!!

I recently did an overnight moisture treatment by co washing, adding S Curl NDA, sealed with a shea butter oil blend, baggied over nite, then styled as normal in the morning. I had great moisture all day and night! Good luck!

@taytay86

eS4pv.png

Try Shea Radiance Nourishing Repair Cream. Right now you have to order it but on 8/16 they'll be launching in Target so you should be able to find it on the ground. My hair loves water based moisturizers too and the first two ingredients are water and aloe vera juice.

ETA - The Oyin Hair Dew is good as well. I was using that before I stumbled across the Shea Radiance.

Last edited:
ShyIntellect said:
@taytay86

Try Shea Radiance Nourishing Repair Cream. Right now you have to order it but on 8/16 they'll be launching in Target so you should be able to find it on the ground. My hair loves water based moisturizers too and the first two ingredients are water and aloe vera juice.

ETA - The Oyin Hair Dew is good as well. I was using that before I stumbled across the Shea Radiance.

My hair is relaxed by the way. This sounds nice but may work best in natural hair?

So I went to the hair store today, of course they have NONE of the products you guys mentioned. I did see something from Cantu Shea Butter leave in, do you guys use it? Whats the feedback?

taytay86 said:
So I went to the hair store today, of course they have NONE of the products you guys mentioned. I did see something from Cantu Shea Butter leave in, do you guys use it? Whats the feedback?

I had that for a while and I ended up trashing it, it absolutely nothing for me, useless...

Back