THE BEST MOISTURIZER EVER!!!!

Wishin4BSL

YES! I FOUND IT! The best moisturizer to control new growth is..... WATER SEALED WITH OIL!! Yeah, I know. How late am I? But my new growth was out of control, my NTM wasn't helping and I just didn't know what to do! I had just come from the gym and my new growth was more uncontrollable than usual. The dirty thread made me say, "What the heck! I tried everything else so why not water and oil?" I used Zephyrhills water and my herbal oil, tied it down and got in the shower. When I untied my hair, it was perfectly in line and my newgrowth (where my part and edges are) looked wavy! I was so excited! Water and oil is AWESOME!!!!!!!:grin: :grin: :grin:

Miss.Que said:
Way to keep it simple! I think I will try more simplistic approaches in the future. Thanks for sharing ;)

Sorry, but I had to get off track here a little bit.....:eek: Miss.Que, your hair is so pretty! Keep it up girl!!!

If I only used water and then sealed with oil, I'd have to keep applying it in order for my hair to stay moisturized. After it dried, my hair woudl just be oily. :look:

I guess I could do this if I had already had moisturized my hair a day or so before, but I could not just use water and oil - unless I was constantly spraying my hair with water.

HoneyDew said:
If I only used water and then sealed with oil, I'd have to keep applying it in order for my hair to stay moisturized. After it dried, my hair woudl just be oily. :look:

I guess I could do this if I had already had moisturized my hair a day or so before, but I could not just use water and oil - unless I was constantly spraying my hair with water.

I super moisturized last night and my hair was still dry. I clarified recently so I knew there was not build-up. Maybe my hair didn't get dry today with water and oil because I moisturized a lot last night?

Yes I really want to try using water more frequently instead of my moisturiser. I know that DSylla does this often and so does Loveya4eva. I think they sometimes use creams and sometimes use water, so I may try this. What Honeydew says makes sense. Maybe with time our hair can get used to just water alone! Wouldn't that be great? No more £10 Dudley's PCA!

Originally Posted by Nice & Wavy
Sorry, but I had to get off track here a little bit.....:eek: Miss.Que, your hair is so pretty! Keep it up girl!!!

:blush: Awww Thank you so much Nice & Wavy. I absolutely love your hair!

Wishin4BSL said:
I super moisturized last night and my hair was still dry. I clarified recently so I knew there was not build-up. Maybe my hair didn't get dry today with water and oil because I moisturized a lot last night?

That's the only way adding more water would work for me. Actually adding more moisturizer makes my hair get more and more dirty but I still want to do it especially since it is cold now. I could see using water as atouchup if I were not trying to keep my style (water is a no-no between washes with my current style!). Say if I was bunning or wearing it up, I could see water and oil being good touchups to prevent moisturizer build up.

I've tried this before and it does seem to work wonders. I throw some coconut oil in my hair after I wash and it is still wet and smooth it into my bun, then put a scarf on. When I get up, nice and smooth and moisturized. Just perfection!

Go girl, K.I.S. :) I personally spritz with a water and jojoba oil mix, and then seal with pure Coconut oil and Softee coconut oil. I find that the Softee makes it stay moisturized and feeling soft. When I don't use the softee, after the water dries the hair just feels oily. So for me, grease + water I guess!

That's just what I do only I go a step further! I boil horsetail tea and use it as my moisturizer! Then I seal with oil!

I love the wave effect!
MonaRae

MonaRae, Just horsetail tea by itself in a bottle. It doesn't dry your hair out. I want to try a tea but i am thinking it would dry my hair out. something about that word tea, seems like when I drink it my mouth is dry afterwards, so I would think it would dry out my hair. I am in braids now and I been thinking of making a moisturizer that would help. Can you share a little about Horsetail please. I would like to pick up some if it won't dry my hair out. Thanks for the info in advance.

Just my little update...my hair stays totally moisturized with water and oil...nothing else! It actually feels softer and it seems like it penetrates through all of my newgrowth without having to section my hair and moisturize. That means less manipulation! I'm just really excited about this!:lol:

Wishin4BSL said:
YES! I FOUND IT! The best moisturizer to control new growth is..... WATER SEALED WITH OIL!! Yeah, I know. How late am I? But my new growth was out of control, my NTM wasn't helping and I just didn't know what to do! I had just come from the gym and my new growth was more uncontrollable than usual. The dirty thread made me say, "What the heck! I tried everything else so why not water and oil?" I used Zephyrhills water and my herbal oil, tied it down and got in the shower. When I untied my hair, it was perfectly in line and my newgrowth (where my part and edges are) looked wavy! I was so excited! Water and oil is AWESOME!!!!!!!:grin: :grin: :grin:
What kind of water is this? Is this still working for you, and do you put it in a spray bottle?

yep water and oil always does the trick for me. i add the both most nights before gettin ready for bed- i add alittle water with my hairs and the oil with a spray bottle;-)

Back