For those that use heat for deep conditioning......

What do you use for your deep conditioning treatments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heat cap. I personally think it's much better than a dome dryer. Both my dryer and my heat cap are Gold N Hot from Sally's. I think the dome dryer's toooooo hot for me, even on low. I use the heat cap on low and it's never failed me :)

Do you sit under a hair dryer or do you use a heat cap?

I recently bought a heat cap and I've been using it, but I decided the last time that I was going back to the dryer. I too liked the heat cap b/c I could lay down or sleep while my hair was conditioning.

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer)

My hair feels SOOOOOO much better under the dryer, which is why I'm giving up the heat cap. I still have my receipt, so I'm going to try to take it back. I feel with the heating cap, that I'm always holding the cap down hard on my head so I can feel the heat penetrating through my 17 week new growth.

Do deep condition for the same amount of time regardless of which in you use?

No for the dryer, I sit under for about 30 minutes (depending on time crunch and how hot I am, LOL). But with the heating cap, I was under for about an hour. And it doesn't stay very hot for that time.

Answers in color below:

Do you sit under a hair dryer or do you use a heat cap? both

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer) hair dryer does it better, more even heat

Yes, I sit under each for 1 hour

My stylist saturates the entire hair--preparing it for a deep conditioner--then he puts the rest of my hair on top of my head, puts a clear plastic cap on, and I sit under the dryer for at least 30 minutes.:spinning:

My stylist saturates the entire hair--preparing it for a deep conditioner--then he puts the rest of my hair on top of my head, puts a clear plastic cap on, and I sit under the dryer for at least 30 minutes.:spinning:

That's exactly how my stylist does it too, and I've started doing that myself, but I use a steamer not a dryer. I think you get better results with a steamer imo.

I bought a conditioning cap but it didn't get sufficiently hot for my liking. Waste of money. :rolleyes:

I use both but I voted for heat cap becuase I use it the most.

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer) I noticed that everytime I use my Hair Therapy Wrap and get WAY better results then sitting under my hooded dryer. BTW, I got mine from Curls.biz: http://www.curls.biz/curly-hair-products/Hair-Therapy-Wrap-Deep-Conditioning-on-the-Go-p-410.html

Do deep condition for the same amount of time regardless of which in you use?Yes I use the same amount of time wither it be under the dryer or with the Hair Therapy Wrap. :)

Where are you ladies getting your heat caps? I'd love one, especially if it's microwavable or self-heating or uses very little electricity.

When you ladies sit under the dryer do you have a plastic shower cap on also? I use them but don't seem like my hair gets heated unless i don't give it time :look: but it seems to just heat the cap not my hair.

I use a heatcap with a plastic baggy, and sit with it for an hour. Not sure how effective it really is though.

I use the cap cause it no noise at all. I can care less about the sittting time cause I am focused on TV or the comp and forget its on my head. But I usually sit under there for 30-45 mins just cause.

Where are you ladies getting your heat caps? I'd love one, especially if it's microwavable or self-heating or uses very little electricity.
I got my Gold n Hot from my local BSS for like $25, but Wal-Mart carries some. My friend had one and it made noise like a regular dryer:nono:,but hers looked like a big bubble maybe thats why. Make sure it says conditioning cap, I dont think those make noise. And it plugs in and has different temp settings.

Last edited:
When you ladies sit under the dryer do you have a plastic shower cap on also? I use them but don't seem like my hair gets heated unless i don't give it time :look: but it seems to just heat the cap not my hair.

I use a shower cap. My hair is usually pretty warm when I get out.

I didn't know you could sit under the dryer for DC without a cap. How do you do it? Just pin your hair up?

I use a heat cap. I'm old school. When I was growing up the old school beautificians used a heat cap. Back then my hair was well conditioned and healthy so that's good enough for me.

I use a shower cap. My hair is usually pretty warm when I get out.

I didn't know you could sit under the dryer for DC without a cap. How do you do it? Just pin your hair up?

I don't.... I was using the cap. That's why I thought maybe I didn't sit the the dryer long enough after 10-15 minutes I would just deep condition with the heat from my scalp under the shower cap. That's been working fine. I didn't want to sit there for an hour then turn around and rollerset and sit under the dryer for ANOTHER 1 hour and 30 minutes. So I just deep condition with a shower cap on no dryer.

It really depends on how much time I have to spare. Deep conditioning 20-60 minutes under a hood dryer gives me great results. I have never used a heat cap. For a prepoo I sometimes leave it on over night, which also yeilds great results.

I've noticed that many of you mentioned that your heating cap doesn't get hot enough or that your dryer is too hot. What setting is everyone dc'ing at? I am currently using a heating cap and it says to warm it up for 10 minutes on high and then turn it down to medium and then put it on. I've been doing this because I am afraid of cooking my hair at high heat. I'm I missing out on something?

That's exactly how my stylist does it too, and I've started doing that myself, but I use a steamer not a dryer. I think you get better results with a steamer imo.

I bought a conditioning cap but it didn't get sufficiently hot for my liking. Waste of money. :rolleyes:

I need more information regarding the steamer. Can it be bought at any beauty supply store or ordered on line?:drunk: Which brand is the best?

I actually use a plastic disposable cap from BSS with my traveling Hot & Gold dryer attachment. I just place the holes onto my hair dryer, place the hat on my head, press on, and go.

I use a heat cap/ hair steamer with ORS pak! Hair is very silky afterwards!

I do the same thing. Minus the steamer. I use my heat cap with ORS Replenishing conditioner usually for an hour....my hair feels luscious afterwards.

But the other day....i let it stay on for 2 hours......The results were UNBELIEVEABLE!! My hair felt so balanced and soft to the touch!!! It felt stronger too at the same time:yep:

I guess I used a cap. Soft hood with a hose and drawstring thingy?

Do you feel that one gives you better results than the other (i.e. more moisture or hair is much softer)

I don't think it makes a difference but I prefer this to my hard dryer (I wonder what happened to it? :lachen: ) because I don't have heat blowing on my face. Using the draw string, I can concentrate the heat just where I need it.

Yes, I take as long under my cap as I did under my hard hood dryer.

Back