Fine haired women- Will you ever have thick ends?

meenie

Please keep this thread going :(

Bump! Bump!! Bump!!!

I am tired of my extra fine hair, tangles a lot and goes limp with any kind of moisture. I was at BSL but now back to APL with lots of unequal strands.

PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAASE keep posting your tips :)

Wildkat08

Am I the only fine-haired lady on here that thinks if I get a blunt cut to thicken up my ends that I will be sacrificing the fullness and volume that my layers seem to give my crown? Can't win for losing!! Definitely subbing!

princessnad

I think starting with a blunt cut is a great start.

For us, I actually think certain protective styling can not only be detrimental, but can be the major culprit!

Once I started wearing my hair down/ loose, it really improved. That coupled with weekly moderate protein until it was really strong then moving to weekly/ bimonthly mild protein has really improved the quality of my hair.

Nonie

Am I the only fine-haired lady on here that thinks if I get a blunt cut to thicken up my ends that I will be sacrificing the fullness and volume that my layers seem to give my crown? Can't win for losing!! Definitely subbing!

What do you all mean when you talk of a blunt cut? I think that's where we're on different wavelengths. No one is asking anyone to cut their hair to be blunt. Dusting is removing the very tips of your hair, a really tiny amount. All hairs are at different growing stages so dusting won't make them all even. Just make the strands less straggly and susceptible to knotting and tangling. Dusting is similar to cutting off a chip in a nail to stop it from tearing down the nail. You do it early enough and you save most of the nail and keep a strong and pretty nail. You wait too long and you have to cut off more to make it look pretty or you just have a peeling weak nail that breaks on its own and end up with no nail to show. Same concept here.

Last edited:

Wildkat08

Oh, ok. thanks for clarifying Nonie. I truly thought everyone on hear was talking about every hair on their head being the same length. Considering what you're saying, I definitely already have "blunt" ends.

What do you all mean when you talk of a blunt cut? I think that's where we're on different wavelengths. No one is asking anyone to cut their hair to be blunt. Dusting is removing the very tips of your hair, a really tiny amount. All hairs are at different growing stages so dusting won't make them all even. Just make the strands less straggly and susceptible to knotting and tangling. Dusting is similar to cutting off a chip in a nail to stop it from tearing down the nail. You do it early enough and you save most of the nail and keep a strong and pretty nail. You wait too long and you have to cut off more to make it look pretty or you just have a peeling weak nail that breaks on its own and end up with no nail to show. Same concept here.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i find that keeping my hair "relativley even" helps so much. i dont think hair necessarily has to be blunt all over but that most of the hairs in a given layer of the hair are around the same length.

i also think regular trims/dusts are the truth. even just the smallest bit makes a difference.its not only about keeping the split ends away, when the hair is more even it acts better overall.(there is probably some more convoluted explanation to this but essentially this is what happens:lachen:) going a year without a trim was one of the worse ideas ever. my upside down v shape is more apparent than ever.(mine is naturally occurring though since i have no hair in my nape)

i think the best hair cut for fine hair would be the bottom half blunt and the top half layered. so that way you can get volume and thickness.i cant wait to cut my hair this way!

Last edited: