Fall/Winter Reggies

lilsparkle825

last winter i thought i could keep the WNGs up and just cut the cowashing back to every 3-4 days...my ends were NOT having that :nono:

towards the end of the winter i did crown and glory, then when that was over i switched from WNGs to twistouts with 5 big flat twists...my ends were happy :)

i began the twistouts last week when the weather just got cool all of a sudden (the day AFTER the humidity ruined my flat ironed hair :wallbash:), so i will do this for a month or so...toying with the idea of a DB for my birthday in october...then i'll move into kinky twists or box braids. i'll run this cycle until april-ish.

TeeWhyAre

I promised myself to stick to my reggie for 1yr which includes wash/dc 1x a week, co-wash as needed, moisturize w/ my own personal mix, bun & baggy (I all day & night baggy my bun & cover it like Chicoro does in her tutorial.)

So for the most part I try to leave my hair alone as much as possible, think positive, and focus on health. I imagine that if it's healthy, the length will come.

That's it until July 28, 2010. I'm looking forward to my 1yr pix.

Edit: I am working out more now, so, we'll see what being more active does for my growth rate.

Last edited:

DaDragonPrincess

Since I just started co washing this spring, do any of you ladies co wash during the winter?

My Reggie this winter-Heavy Moisturizer,More DCs,Hot Oil Treatments,and I may still co wash.

No direct heat, unless I try a dominican blow out 1 time to see whats it like, protective styles like crazy,rollersets,buns,sew ins,etc.

:lick:Buy me a PIBBS....:lick:

Last edited:

natstar

I'm doing an overall haul to my regimen- going back to what worked for me a while ago and oing back to basics.
Wash 1x /week
Wash day: Prepoo with light protein and oil
Shampoo
Detangle
deep condition with moisturizing conditioner
light leave in-then style with plaits w/rolled ends for braid outs OR curlformers

braid outs or twist outs during the week. (moisturize with light spray and oil or cream)

Once a month blow dry/flat iron

I had a set back with all the stuff I was doing. My hair was getting too soft-I have fine hair as it is so i need get back to basics and realize I don't need a lot. I will probably revisit henna in a couple of months after I get my hair back in shape.

Taleah2009

hhhmm... shesh.. I am new to this reggie thing so now i need to revamp for winter??? I live in Philly and it gets prett cold here. I like Natstar's reggie. I will prolly co-wash 1x a week since I plan to be working out. Flat iron no more than once a month. all other times I will do twits out and bantu-knot outs. I will try a bun, but my shoulder length will need some practice on that. does any one do rollersets while they are transitioning? i would like to try that as well, but idk how these roots would work out

LovelyLionessa

For fall and winter, I am washing 1x a week, DCing on dry hair, and rollersetting. For daily styling I just apply a little serum and fingerstyle.

Barbie83

I'm gonna stick to wetting my hair at least 2x a week (one shampoo wash and DC and one co-wash and DC) only I'll focus more on using heat with EVERY deep condition. I'll also probably incorporate an oil scalp massage/hot oil treatment before my shampoo wash.

Since I'm dangerously close to APL, I'm gonna commit to keeping my hair up and off my shoulders at least 5 days a week (7 days is asking too much). :rolleyes:

SweetSpirit86

I'm not sure how I'm going to go about this. My main moisturizing staple has glycerin waaaay up on the ingredient list. So I definitely need to change some things, I'm just not sure how to go about it. I guess I need to start mixing. Thinking about getting a wig too, lol. It'll be weird though, as other than braids, I'm not accustomed to wearing "fake hair."

hurricane

1. Wash and press twice a month ( 12 weeks post, trying to stretch )
2. Henna hair treatment before wash and press.
3. Lustrasilk olive oil moisturizing hair lotion on NG
4. Coconut oil to hair

baddison

natural for good
My regimen will stay the same. The only thing that changes for me in the winter is that I do not - ABSOLUTELY DO NOT - go out into the brisk winter air without my head covered. If my hat is wool or cotton or some other damaging fabric, first I tie the hair with my silk/satin scarf, then I put on the hat. But no one sees me outside without a covering beginning NOW!!! They laughed at me this morning when I got in to work, but I don't care...my hair is not laughing at me at all...its loving me right now. :love4:

ellehair

I have changed from my 3 -5 times a week co washes to 1 to 2 x a week.. I dont think I can take having wet hair that much in the winter. I will still DC 1 to 2 time a week with every wash/cowash

I definately think im gonna KISS because with all my DD's fall/winter acitivities I dont have as much time.. We will see how this pans out.

Bun's and wigs/halfwigs will get me thru the winter months and hopefully have me on my way to APL..

All of my products will remain the same. I am gonna use up most of my things before I attempt to buy another thing!!

MangaManiac

I live in Southern California and even though the winters are mild it's still a significant change from the smoldering hot summers we get. Sorry ladies, but going from 100 degrees to 50 or 60 is a big deal to your hair and it's going to know the difference.

My regimen is probably going to look like this:

Shampoo 1/week (oil treatment the night before)
DC 2/week using steamer (with a mix of coconut milk, avocado, EVOO, and Lustrasilk)
Tea rinse after every wash (stops shedding)

Oiling scalp nightly with Moe Grow Oil

Moisturizing hair (concentrating on ends) nightly with:
HE Long Term Relationship Leave-in Split End Protection (slender red pump bottle)
Cantu Shea Butter (I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!)

Style hair in 2 buns daily with:
Organix Self-heating Coconut Oil (smells heavenly!)

Use up the following (probably at night)
Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-in conditioner (great in heat, not so much in cold)
BB Super Grow Conditioner with Vitamin E (may alternate with Moe Grow)
SoftSheen-Carlson Breakthru (probably on ends in the morning before bunning)
Got2b crazysleek Lotion (heat protectant spray)

I have a lot of products I need to use up and I still haven't found my staples, but I think by next summer I may have them. I want to try new things, but not until I use up all this stuff I have and do some more experimenting to find out what my hair likes. Sorry...this post was LOOOOOON! :look:

MangaManiac

Oh and I forgot, I'll probably flat iron 2/month and switch to braids in either November or December. I'll be traveling around then and I don't want to have a separate piece of luggage with just hair products! :lachen:

maxineshaw

I plan on simplifying my routine to the following:

Once a week:
Shampoo
Deep Condition for 30 minutes
Apply Leave-In
Apply Moisturizer
Apply Pomade/Sealant concentrating on scalp and ends
Twist

Spray leave-in throughout the week and 'grease' edges with pomade

I am also trying to streamline my products.

Last edited:

Nice Lady

My fall/winter regimen:
  • Less co-washing due to drying time instead shampooing maybe 2x a week as I did last winter
  • Deep conditioning 2x a week instead of every other day.
  • Overnight hot oil treatments.
  • Moisturizing and sealing 2x a day; instead of 1x a day or every other day due to co-washing.:lick:

Saffirejuiliet

The weather is getting colder where I live. I think I am going to start using my heavier oils (i.e. olive oil, castor oil) and moisturizers more, deep condition for a longer time, and to continue using protective styles (i.e. buns).

peony

The air is already getting drier so I have the humidifier going all the time when I am at home, especially at night. I'm thinking about getting one for my office too...

Once it gets cold, I think I'll start wearing flat twists for a week at a time, taking them down on Saturday for shampoo, DC etc. I'll moisturize them every day while they're in.

I need to start wearing hats, and lining them with silk or satin. In the winter I'm forever out in the cold with me head uncovered. Not a good look for health or hair.

questionable

My regimen will stay the same. The only thing that changes for me in the winter is that I do not - ABSOLUTELY DO NOT - go out into the brisk winter air without my head covered. If my hat is wool or cotton or some other damaging fabric, first I tie the hair with my silk/satin scarf, then I put on the hat. But no one sees me outside without a covering beginning NOW!!! They laughed at me this morning when I got in to work, but I don't care...my hair is not laughing at me at all...its loving me right now. :love4:

I have been doing this for years.:yep: I haven't pulled out the hat yet...but I'm almost there. My regimen will pretty much stay the same, I plan to step it up a notch with deep conditioning though.

Casarela

We have crazy winters up here...so my regimen will most likely look like :
More DCs
More oils
Wash weekly
Pinned up braid outs
Buns and more buns
Last but not least I will try not to perm my hair till January or Feb.

kinkycotton

:grin: Many consider Labor Day as the end of summer, as school has started. So with that being said, do you have any planned changes to your reggie?

I thought the same way. :grin:

As for my reggie, it will consist:
twisting, flat twist, coils.
2x week deep conditioning
Moisturizing 2x a day (still looking)

I'm starting a heavy protein treatment and rotate light protein as well.

SweetSpirit86

It's been super cold lately, so Fall/Winter is in full swing now. I was having trouble with my regimen, but I think I've got it nailed now. :)

I was trying to use my S-Curl and wig it up...but I found out that I don't like wigs, lol. They're itchy, and I'm constantly worrying about some high school mentality girl here on campus yanking it off or something.:nono: Didn't help that my SO came in the bathroom and said he hated "that thing." Here are the pics, though. Blacked my face because I was tired and had some pretty ugly faces that day.:lachen: Shame...the wig was cute :(

The S-Curl was no match for the cold air here without the wig on top, and my hair would be dry by the middle of the day. I remembered really liking braid sprays when I was younger to moisturize my hair and how much it grew even though I was "doing it wrong." So I went and got some African Royale BRX. I tripped over some Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol...oh em gee..I LOVE this stuff!! I'm not a big fan of Eco Styler gel, as it seems like it makes my hair look dried out and dull, but I decided to try the Olive Oil gel anyways, and I really like how my hair doesn't feel like it's had it soul sucked out when I wash it out later.

The combination of the BRX and the Lustrasilk...:lick::lick::lick: I don't have to touch my head for at least 3 days.