does anyone else get a growth spurt in fall/winter???

MWilson569

Does anyone else besides me get a growth spurt in the fall / winter instead of the summer besides me??? Or am I just wierd. -melissa

metro_qt

I think i'm having one right now too. I'm pretty sure i just got 1/2 inch in the last three weeks, Cuz i've been documenting my measurements...

I think though, it's because i'm eating alot of tuna and salmon everyday, in an effort to pretend to eat healthy... Alot of tuna, Salmon and .... cookies. heh heh..

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
I get more growth in every season except summertime!( Really wierd) I am definantly looking forward to my hair growing as much as it can before my touch in December.hehe

HairQueen

Wow I have never experienced one as you guys have, only in summer months, but then I wasn't really taking care of my hair then as I do now so I will wait and see what happens this winter.

MJ

When I look at my hair pics from last fall, it definately looked as if I had a growth spurt, which was promptly "trimmed" off :ohwell:. I definately haven't gotten any major growth in this summer, infact, my hair seems to grow sloooower.

But, then again, my hair always seems to grow faster when I don't look at it. It seems as if the moment I get fed up trying to watch it grow... voila! :lol:

CarLiTa

wow that's funny... well i started paying attention to my hair around May 2004 and even then I wasn't really doing the proper stuff, although I did start exercising, I just wanted some stomach muscles (which i still don't have, haha) but anyway, during the summer time, it was regular growth and then like October to December, BAM! i had some major growth!!!
i remember getting all HAPPY about the length of my hair around that time, it probably even was bra-strap but i hadn't discovered LHCF yet, so i didnt' know about those things... BUT it got CUT off about 1 week later when I went to the hair dresser. As soon as I got there, that Dominican woman whose hair never grows was trying to get me to cut my hair into a bob!! :eek: and i was like 'i probably shouldn't tell her i wanna go grow my hair out.' needless to say, i went back home with hair just about 2" past the shoulder (she must have cut at least 3")

:lol:ok i'll stop digressing now. Yes i noticed a growth spurt at the time and I was exercising too, but not THAT often, but I will start exercising too, just in case. So far, i'm 2 weeks post, and I have almost 1/2" of new growth. Let me not jinx it though... i'm hoping for 3/4" per month... don't wanna be too unrealistic. I'll eat healthy too, just in case, so that my hair grows the most it can Touch-up time in December

MWilson569

CarLiTa said:
wow that's funny... well i started paying attention to my hair around May 2004 and even then I wasn't really doing the proper stuff, although I did start exercising, I just wanted some stomach muscles (which i still don't have, haha) but anyway, during the summer time, it was regular growth and then like October to December, BAM! i had some major growth!!!
i remember getting all HAPPY about the length of my hair around that time, it probably even was bra-strap but i hadn't discovered LHCF yet, so i didnt' know about those things... BUT it got CUT off about 1 week later when I went to the hair dresser. As soon as I got there, that Dominican woman whose hair never grows was trying to get me to cut my hair into a bob!! :eek: and i was like 'i probably shouldn't tell her i wanna go grow my hair out.' needless to say, i went back home with hair just about 2" past the shoulder (she must have cut at least 3")

:lol:ok i'll stop digressing now. Yes i noticed a growth spurt at the time and I was exercising too, but not THAT often, but I will start exercising too, just in case. So far, i'm 2 weeks post, and I have almost 1/2" of new growth. Let me not jinx it though... i'm hoping for 3/4" per month... don't wanna be too unrealistic. I'll eat healthy too, just in case, so that my hair grows the most it can Touch-up time in December
that same thing happened to me. Last year I went to the dominicans for a trim. I was bra strap at the time and she cut it to my shoulders. I didn't even have that many spilt ends. Anyway I'm back at bra strap and I go to the barber for my trims now. Men don't seem to cut as much as my hair off. And maybe I can make close to waistlength in 2007 with him trimming my hair. -melissa

czyfaith77

metro_qt said:
I think i'm having one right now too. I'm pretty sure i just got 1/2 inch in the last three weeks, Cuz i've been documenting my measurements...

I think though, it's because i'm eating alot of tuna and salmon everyday, in an effort to pretend to eat healthy... Alot of tuna, Salmon and .... cookies. heh heh..

I am glad you getting good results. Just be careful not to eat too much tuna due to mercury poisoning. ;) Just a lookout...

czyfaith77

My hair grows fastest in the fall/winter. I suspect I should be able to get those last few inches I want for teh year this winter. Especially since I am in braids again. Last year,from December to March, I got three inches. So to say the least, I look forward to the seasons changing...:)

Last edited:

Faith

Me. My hair grows slower from May to November. And from November to May I get my best growth and we have it really cold up in during the winter. I find the summer dries my hair out and produces more split ends.

belleza

Maybe that's why my hair has progressed to a longer length. My hair is really healthy but not stretching out like during last winter. I'll have to pay attention this winter.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I've never paid attention but for the women experiencing this I wonder if it is the body's way of getting ready for winter. You know how animal fur thickens in winter and sheds in spring...