Post Your 2008 Year End Hair Review Pics Here!!!!!

Thanks SS!

When I first started out @ around 4in, I would simply wash 2x wk and DC ea washday, moisturize/seal. As it got longer say earlength and necklength, I used heat very sparingly, moisturized and sealed daily and tried to stay very consistent with taking vitamins and drinking lots of water. Nowadays, I DC weekly, rollerset once a wk or ea two weeks depending on my schedule and wear pin ups 85% of the time. My hair is naturally VERY resistant and dry, so I use mostly ultra moisturizing products and protein only when I start to notice any breakage. Oh and I only trim when I notice split ends (hardly) or they just seem like they really need it. I think I've micro trimmed (dusted) only twice since April 07. HTH!

Growinlonger please share your regimen. Your progress is amazing!

This is my first time posting comparison pics so here it goes. The first pic is comparing June 2008 and December 2008, the second pic is doing the same thing and the hair touches my collarbone, and the last pic is my length now. The red line is drawn from my shoulders and I think that I'm right at shoulder length in the back.

Attachments

• comp1.jpg
    comp1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 15
  • comp2.jpg
    comp2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Comp3.jpg
    Comp3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 14
Wonderful progress pics Ladies!!! Keep up the good work. We will continue to progress and support one another in 2009!!! I look forward to the new year!!!

I joined LHCF in March/April of this year. I am very pleased with my end of year progress pics. Looking forward to what we will achieve in 2009!!!:yep:

Attachments

• BeforeAfter.jpg
    BeforeAfter.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 19
picture.php

When I went from APL Back to SL 9-16-2008

...and this is march-dec

Attachments

• Marchbigchop-vi.jpg
    Marchbigchop-vi.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 21
  • CIMG0016-vi.jpg
    CIMG0016-vi.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 30
My progress is down there in my siggy. I didn't gain much length due to being a bit scissor happy and trying to get rid of some of these heat damaged ends, but I've joined the 2009 bootcamp and gave my mom the scissors and plan to only do a search and destroy about 4 times during 2009.

BTW, everyone's progress looks great. It's so inspirational =]

Ok everyone, here are my year end results. What I learned was 8 wks post twist outs create knots for me...I know if I was natural my hair would be one big knot :clown:

Anyway, thanks for all the support, advice and positive comments.

2008 Year End Results are:

Start: December 07
attachment.php

Just a heads up...sorry for the frayed bra. This thing was too comfy (but I did let it go finally :grin:)

1st Qtr: March 2008
attachment.php

2nd Qtr: June 2008
attachment.php

3rd Qtr: September 2008
attachment.php

I realize that I have at least 2" of see thru ends that need chopping, but I'm gonna continue to dust until December 2009. Once I gain another 5-6" I can start agressively removing the stray "peekaboo" :hide: ends.

Final Qtr: December 2008
attachment.php

Attachments

• 4thQtraBra.JPG
    4thQtraBra.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 383
  • 1 The Beginning.JPG
    1 The Beginning.JPG
    4.2 KB · Views: 381
  • JuneBra1.JPG
    JuneBra1.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 385
  • SeptBra.JPG
    SeptBra.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 385
Wow - you ladies all give me much hope!! Good job!! I didn't start really posting and any type of regimen until August 2008, but I can at least compare last December to this December unofficially. Next year I hope to have official comparison pics!

Attachments

• Bdays3.jpg
    Bdays3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 32
Ok everyone, here are my year end results. What I learned was 8 wks post twist outs create knots for me...I know if I was natural my hair would be one big knot :clown:

attachment.php

Just a heads up...sorry for the frayed bra. This thing was too comfy (but I did let it go finally :grin:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I realize that I have at least 2" of see thru ends that need chopping, but I'm gonna continue to dust until December 2009. Once I gain another 5-6" I can start agressively removing the stray "peekaboo" :hide: ends.

attachment.php

I love the tape measure pinned!!!! that is Great!
Congrats on your growth..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Great job!!! Grow on girl!

My end of the year pic in my signature. I never took a proper starting pic in April when I joined LHCF, but I was CBL.

Last edited:
While your signature hair is beautiful, I have to admit that your natural hair is GORGEOUS! I love the waves and shine. :yep:

Thank you for your kind words! I never knew that my natural hair looked like that until April when I joined LHCF. I've learned so many wonderful things here...like to deep condition my hair.

I love LHCF and all the positive support! I can't wait until my hair looks like yours :yep:

My progress photos!

Attachments

• length dec 23 and May 16 copy.jpg
    length dec 23 and May 16 copy.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 30
  • stretched length 12-17-08A1.jpg
    stretched length 12-17-08A1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 26
Awww thanks JL- I'ma be lazy and just copy and paste from my fotki. It sounds like a lot, but it's 2nd nature at this point.

Co washing every 2-3 days, with Hair One or Victoria's so Sexy for dry and damaged hair or whatever I am feeling at the moment.

I use poo weekly Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or Cream of Nature( red label or green label)

On alternate weeks I shampoo with ORS Aloe shampoo. I clarify monthly with Nexus Aloe Rid.

DC once a week with heat, usually Silicon Mix or Aubrey's HSR.

After the Cowash, I apply Ovation Cell Therapy on my scalp only, put on leave in, usually the Sunsilk Captivating Curls(green bottle) or Hair One -Jojoba. I then seal in the moisture with Sabino Moisture Block, put on a silk scarf, and get under my bonnet dryer for 30 min on low.

At this point my hair is a little damp still- but I am good to go.

I moisturize 1-2 times daily, and seal with oil at least once daily. I seal with Olive Oil or Carrott Oil.

I always tie my hair up with a silk scarf at night for bed.

I don't brush and mostly finger comb. I will do a good detangle with a shower comb like twice a week.

Protein treatments are light, usually I will use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor every once a month.

Growth aides: OCT or Donna Marie Godess Growth Remedy oil

All this to say my hair like moisture. I stay in protective styles bun, pony or wig. I think you are my hair twin, BTW.

Back