Ever fall in love w/ a product only to have it discontinued? I hate that!

Synthia

I have two beloved products that became extinct years ago for unknown reasons. The companies really pissed me off!:mad:

1. TCB creme rinse.

I used to buy this in a beauty supply store in the big gallon size. I would condition wash, then pour some of this pink creamy liquid over my hair in the shower and comb through. In 60 seconds it gave me the best detangling, body, and slip ever.

Then one day, it was suddenly gone.:eek: I couldn't find it anywhere. And to this day, I've never found a comparable product. If you know of one , let me know.

I mean, I don't even think creme rinses are as popular as they used to be. They've just been phased out. I can find liquid rinses or a thick detangling conditioner. But this was a cross between a liquid and a creme, it was the perfect consistency. I miss it. :(

2. Creme of Nature Conditioner/Leave in -- old skul variety in the jar!
Creme of Nature used to make this great deep conditioner in a jar that could be used as a leave in. It was a light yellowy beige and felt like pudding. I think it had a lot of natural ingredients in it, because one year mine molded:lol: . Anyway, they changed it. They no longer make a deep conditioner that you can leave in. Or that even looks like this one did. That was the best product ever. I can't imagine it not selling. But for some reason, they stopped making it. The bastards.

Do you guys remember it.

Mestiza

Hi Synthia! :wave: I love your siggy! :love:

When I was a little girl, my mother used water followed by a pink creme rinse by Avon on my brother's and my hair, practically, everyday. I'm not sure if Avon still makes that or not. It was really good!

Synthia

Hello, my fellow Purplehead!

Of course, I noticed your Prince affection while I was still lurking as a non-member, Ms. International Lover :) . Kewl as hell!!

I hope you are a member of Prince.org Other than this site, that's the one place I HAVE have to visit every day.

Mestiza

Synthia said:
Hello, my fellow Purplehead!

Of course, I noticed your Prince affection while I was still lurking as a non-member, Ms. International Lover :) . Kewl as hell!!

I hope you are a member of Prince.org Other than this site, that's the one place I HAVE have to visit every day.

Girl, if I had a Little Red Corvette I would speed Uptown toAlphabet ST. and head on over to Prince.org :driver: cuz I know that there must be a Sexy M.F. or two, who can relate to the sound of my Delirious Tamborine!

I'll be there, soon wearing Pink Cashmere. :bdance:

PrettyBrownEyes

I used a Blow-dry lotion by TCB once upon a time that came in a packet, it was really good. I don't see it anymore.

I also, actually really like John Fried RELAX texture correcting serum.

I am a Prince fan too by the way. :D

Mestiza

PrettyBrownEyes said:
I used a Blow-dry lotion by TCB once upon a time that came in a packet, it was really good. I don't see it anymore.

Hi, Purple dear! :wave:

Mestiza

I went into a purple trance :dizzy: and forgot to mention that I love DDTA and DDWL conditioners and Clairol discontinued them! :angry2:

Country gal

Yes and I so dislike the feeling of falling in love with a product only to have it discontuied (sp). This first happen to me when I use to buy English Bouquet from Victoria Secret.

Divine Inspiration

The discontinuations can really be disheartening. Technically DDTA has been discontinued, but I still have access to it. Even if it wasn't discontinued, I would have stopped using it b/c I'm moving towards natural products, but I know sooooo many ladies were in a tizzy about DDTA.

Healthb4Length

Yes! I really hate that...a few months back I discovered the BEST reconstructor ever...it built up my hair, moisturized and smelled terrific! It worked on my friends' type 2 and 3 hair and worked on my type 4 hair...I was in heaven only to be knocked off my cloud when I found out that the product (FastDry miracle reconstructor) was being discontinued because the company that makes it was being taken over by another company and they were discontinuing this product...omph!:ohwell: Now I'm on the hunt for a great reconstructor, I've heard great reviews about Ion's so off to Sally's I go!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

They still sell this, was it in a orange read bottle? They They have it in my BSS
PrettyBrownEyes said:

Jewell

Yes. I fell head over heels for John Frieda's Relax Texture-Correcting Serum. Its hard to find now. Its also $7.99 a bottle (a tiny bottle too) and I'd use that up within 2-3 weeks.

greenidlady1

Bain de Terre used to make a two-part reconstructor that Sally's sold- it was in a blue green box. It had a liquid that you massaged into the hair followed by a cream reconstuctor. It was wooooooonderful and now it's no more :(