Don't sleep on oil-rinses!

Okay, I'm gonna have to try this.

I try to incorporate more oil into my regimen during the Winter.

I am the test. if it can detangle my jungle, then it is a miracle.

I lose enough hair when I detangle to make one of those fake afro puffs you see them selling in the BSS.

I'll let you know when I do it.

Sareca, I am curios about the oil washing in a bucket that you mentioned. Did you get anymore information on it?

Okay, I'm gonna have to try this.

I try to incorporate more oil into my regimen during the Winter.

I am the test. if it can detangle my jungle, then it is a miracle.

I lose enough hair when I detangle to make one of those fake afro puffs you see them selling in the BSS.

I'll let you know when I do it.

Sareca, I am curios about the oil washing in a bucket that you mentioned. Did you get anymore information on it?

I'll ask her at our next lunch date. :yep: In the meantime there's a thread here about oil washing. I think it's pretty much the same thing.

jus did this method for the second time with a mix of coconut and camellia oil. and it is helping with my dryness! Thanks Sareca:grin:

Rosie did you try this yet??? I wanna know how it works for natural 4 alphabet hair:grin:

Haven't tried it yet. Tempted to do it today, but I worried that it will add to the tangles that I already have. I have some palm oil that I want to try.

As you can see, I have every 4alphabet in my head except the a kind. I think I even see some 4q in there. Plus, i probably need a good 2 inch trim. Afraid of that, too.

I'll ask her at our next lunch date. :yep: In the meantime there's a thread here about oil washing. I think it's pretty much the same thing.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I saw this a while back, but I'll look it up again.

My Testimony!!!
Ladies who are stretching and supa-stretching, please try this ASAP! I'm currently 27 weeks post and just finished a wash/oil rinse/DC and my hair is like butta I tell ya! The tangles just slipped right out with minimal manual detangling after I saturated it with EVOO, and I have approximately 3" of 4a/b new growth. In addition I had hardly any shedding throughout the whole process.

Thanks Sereca - I really was sleeping on the oil rinse, but boy have I been awakened!!:yep:

My Testimony!!!
Ladies who are stretching and supa-stretching, please try this ASAP! I'm currently 27 weeks post and just finished a wash/oil rinse/DC and my hair is like butta I tell ya! The tangles just slipped right out with minimal manual detangling after I saturated it with EVOO, and I have approximately 3" of 4a/b new growth. In addition I had hardly any shedding throughout the whole process.

Thanks Sereca - I really was sleeping on the oil rinse, but boy have I been awakened!!:yep:

:yay: Tell it girl. Tell it!

Yep! Sareca is on the money with this one!

My hair loves oil rinses and my NG has such definition and shine. The best part is that it is so soft and moist.

Ditto. I still haven't tried this & I've seen this thread for weeks now. Next wash, for sure.

So just to get it straight, the oil rinse comes before you d/c?

I most days I dc before I wash, but I have done it afterwards. :yep: Whichever you want is fine.

Rosie did you try this yet??? I wanna know how it works for natural 4 alphabet hair:grin:

Hi I am a 4alphabet girl (see siggy) Been doing this for about a month. Had to find the right oil for me and the one that has had the best results is the Aphogee Essential Oils for Hair. It even has a similar wash routine with instructions on the back of the bottle.

I am very pleased with the results and will be doing this from now on.

Yep! Sareca is on the money with this one!

My hair loves oil rinses and my NG has such definition and shine. The best part is that it is so soft and moist.

My aunt use to preach about oil rinces and oil bathes all the time! I use to think she was 'reaching' with all that. But once I tried it (thanks Sareca) I really like it.

I already add oil to my conditioners before use......this just make it even better!!!

My aunt use to preach about oil rinces and oil bathes all the time! I use to think she was 'reaching' with all that. But once I tried it (thanks Sareca) I really like it.

I already add oil to my conditioners before use......this just make it even better!!!

I do the same. Even when I shampoo on occasions I will mix it with oil and water. I even oil down my skin in the shower before I get out. I use Camellia, Red Palm and Jajoba like regular body lotion and for my hair. I had gotten a full body massage the other week and the lady commented on how smooth my skin was.

After I lightly scrub my face with baking soda and witch hazel, I will use a tiny amount of either camellia or jajoba on my face to moisturize.

OIL goes in everything that I use.

Last edited:
I do the same. Even when I shampoo on occasions I will mix it with oil and water. I even oil down my skin in the shower before I get out. I use Camellia, Red Palm and Jajoba like regular body lotion and for my hair. I had gotten a full body massage the other week and the lady commented on how smooth my skin was.

After I lightly scrub my face with baking soda and witch hazel, I will use a tiny amount of either camellia or jajoba on my face to moisturize.

OIL goes in everything that I use.

I must try the camellia oil.

:weird: I tried this today. I put evoo & castor oil on my twists and then hopped in the shower. I rinsed it out and then cowashed w/ Aveda Brilliant conditioner. After I got out I added a little more castor oil to my ends only and sat under the dryer until my hair was no longer damp. My twists feel so GOOD! I will be doing this from now one :D I can't wait to shampoo/oil rinse/DC next week!

This oil rinsing was not working for me at all until i tried Amla Oil. Yep, i'm now seeing the benefits of oil rinsing.

Other oils just dried out my hair and caused tangles.

All I can say is OH MY GOD!!

Sareca, This is the best thing since sliced bread. I am a 4bZZZZ and I was trying to stretch for 12 weeks. I have almost 2 inches of new growth. Everything was going real smooth until I hit week 10. Even though I detangled, deep conditioned, and detangled again, I still found little knots in my hair. It was very dry, even though I moisturized and sealed twice a day. I didn't even want to wash again for fear it would produce new knots. I was just about to throw in the towel and remembered this thread. I decided it was worth a try after reading all the positive results from the other ladies and WHAT A MIRACLE!!. I detangled dry hair section by section with a wide tooth comb and Allways Instant Moisturizer. I then deep conditioned on dry hair with Humecto for 1 hr. I rinsed in the shower with warm water and added Jojoba Oil for a few minutes while I showered. I hadn't even added conditioner yet and I was able to comb through right down to the new growth, under a steady stream of running water without a snag, as if I had gotten a relaxer. I then added conditioner and combed through again. I watched carefully each time I combed through for hair in the comb and there may have been 3 strands total, not one single knot. I rinsed the conditioner out. When I stepped out of the shower, my hair was so shiny and soft, I didn't want to put anything else in it. I sectioned in 4 sections and pinned up to air dry and tied with a silk scarf. The next day my hair was so shiny and soft and moisturized, not greasy at all. I felt like a kid at Christmas time! It is hard to achieve shiny hair since my hair is a natural brown color (darker at the roots and lighter as you go down towards the ends). This is a keeper and I will definitely be using this in my regimen. I have never stretched past 12 weeks, but this may allow me to do this. I just can't thank you enough for sharing this. I was a little skeptical when I read it didn't work for some ladies. It certainly worked better then I ever expected. It has been 2 day since I did the oil rinse and my hair remains moisturized and shiny. Usually I moisturized twice a day and each time I go to moisturize again my hair is dry like straw. Not this time! I have been a member for a little over a year and I have only made 5 posts, so that should tell you I'm really excited.

Last edited:
:club:
Congrats!!!
Oil rinses are hit or miss, but when they're a hit it's absolutely amazing! I'm so glad it's working for you. :)

This oil rinsing was not working for me at all until i tried Amla Oil. Yep, i'm now seeing the benefits of oil rinsing.

Other oils just dried out my hair and caused tangles.

Yeah, the oil seems to make a difference. As anybody had a bad experience with alma oil. It's a good if you're looking for high (almost unnatural looking) shine and the stink rinses out.

For the folks that didn't have much success with oil rinses (or even those that love them) please try again with castor oil!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=2982521

It was a completely different experience! My hair feels better than I thought possible. Actually that's not true. It was already better than I thought possible. I have no words for it now. :perplexed:

For the folks that didn't have much success with oil rinses (or even those that love them) please try again with castor oil!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=2982521

It was a completely different experience! My hair feels better than I thought possible. Actually that's not true. It was already better than I thought possible. I have no words for it now. :perplexed:

Castor oil was the only oil that I used for mine. I LOVE it.

My hair had so much moisture and shine... and very few tangles. It was great!

Hey sareca!! I used the red palm butter you suggested and it was a hit....I will now try castor oil for the ultimate experience!!! Thanks!!

OT: Sareca your earlier congrats response with the "bar" scene was funny!!!!

Castor oil was the only oil that I used for mine. I LOVE it.

My hair had so much moisture and shine... and very few tangles. It was great!

I remember you, Energee, Shawnee and a few others trying to tell me about Mr. Oil (we ain't on a first name basis yet). :dinner:
But I wasn't listening. I was too busy talking. :blah: :ohwell:

I'mm try a mixture of alma and castor oil. I have great luck with BOTH oils. None of the other oils have really worked for me as far as the oil rinses go.

Thanks, Sareca :kiss:

I'mm try a mixture of alma and castor oil. I have great luck with BOTH oils. None of the other oils have really worked for me as far as the oil rinses go.

Thanks, Sareca :kiss:

Me too! I'm thinking it will give me some of the shine back (not that I care that much about it). As good as my hair feels I don't care if it's never shine again. :eek:

I tried a variation of rinsing/cowashing, coating hair with oil, applying conditioner and leaving all that in to airdry. NO rinsing after applying the oil or conditioner and my hair was reallllllllllly soft. I figured I'd do it that way because I always end up applying oil then conditioner anyways after I wash so I just cut out the extra rinsing. So I guess it's no longer an oil rinse huh.

If I flat iron, I think I'll stick to rinsing out the oil and then conditioning so my hair isn't too heavy but when otherwise, the above works for me!

Last edited:
Back