Don't sleep on deep conditioning dry hair...with heat!

tapioca_pudding

Tried this out last nite. Added ORS Replenish to dry hair under the dryer for 20mins. Rinsed, shampoo'd, used a rinse out (which I really don't think I needed because my hair felt so awesome) then did an ACV rinse. My hair is so *WOW*!! I keep touching it....... :D This is the way for me!!

Honi

There is no board.
I gotta try this tonite. Maybe QH cholesterol will work better for me. That stuff goes on like spackle on my hair when wet.

jtsupanova

Deep conditioning on dry hair is the only way for me. It took a while but I got hip to this a while back with the GPB. Moral of the story follow the directions on the back of the bottle!

A

AmilLion

I was at the hair salon when I saw someone do this. Maybe she was member of the board :)

Anyhow, I thought, how weird to deep condition with a steamer, dry hair. Well, she explained that the conditioner works soo much better with the hair in it's "natural" state.

Her hair wasn't that long and I couldn't tell the condition of her hair, but I might give this a try considering the rave reviews I'm hearing up here.

sareca

I was at the hair salon when I saw someone do this. Maybe she was member of the board :)

Anyhow, I thought, how weird to deep condition with a steamer, dry hair. Well, she explained that the conditioner works soo much better with the hair in it's "natural" state.

Her hair wasn't that long and I couldn't tell the condition of her hair, but I might give this a try considering the rave reviews I'm hearing up here.

Ooooh... a steamer hadn't thought about that one!

lmjenk67

I use to do this faithfully when using GPB but since I ran out ages ago, I very seldom do this. I do this without the heat (using a towel wrapped around plastic cap covered hair) but it is so few and far between. I will definitely add this back (and go purchase more GPB)

Deep conditioning on dry hair is the only way for me. It took a while but I got hip to this a while back with the GPB. Moral of the story follow the directions on the back of the bottle!

secretdiamond

Sareca

During the week I get a substantial amount of product build up. I put oils, butters, and Longaid activator gel throughtout the week.

I was wondering with all the above build up, will my hair still benefit from deep conditioning on dry on DIRTY hair?

Did anyone answer this question? Cause it's the same one I have (just like with pre-pooing). What if you use something like MTG, WGO, Vatika oil all week & you want to clarify?

I have to clarify every week due to hard water and whenever I am using MTG (although I haven't used it in months).

Does this method only work if you don't want to clarify?

sareca

Did anyone answer this question? Cause it's the same one I have (just like with pre-pooing). What if you use something like MTG, WGO, Vatika oil all week & you want to clarify?

I have to clarify every week due to hard water and whenever I am using MTG (although I haven't used it in months).

Does this method only work if you don't want to clarify?

I have to clarify. We have hard water too. I clarify every two weeks (when I detangle my hair), poo once/wk, and co-wash 2-3X/wk. With 2 weeks worth of buildup it still works for me, but I don't use any styling product at all. Just leave-in so my product load is light.

Crysdon

AmilLion, is that really you? :shocked:

Now all we need is BlkMane, Sweetcocoa, Jade21 and Tracy to show up.:theteam:

daaiyah

I have been avoiding reading this because I was happy with the oil rinse, but the thread kept getting bigger and here I am.
I didn't know my hair could feel any better. I have given myself a few weeks to get a good solid realistic routine together. During this time I am seeing a drastic improvement in the overall condition of my hair.
This dc on dry hair was amazing. Between this and the oil rinse I am putting myself in a position for some real healthy growing. Thanks for the advise and recommendations.

secretdiamond

I have to clarify. We have hard water too. I clarify every two weeks (when I detangle my hair), poo once/wk, and co-wash 2-3X/wk. With 2 weeks worth of buildup it still works for me, but I don't use any styling product at all. Just leave-in so my product load is light.
Okay, so this will still work even if I clarify? If so, i'm gonna try it this weekend. I'm just afraid of wasting conditioner since I use a lot when I DC.

sareca

I have been avoiding reading this because I was happy with the oil rinse, but the thread kept getting bigger and here I am.
I didn't know my hair could feel any better. I have given myself a few weeks to get a good solid realistic routine together. During this time I am seeing a drastic improvement in the overall condition of my hair.
This dc on dry hair was amazing. Between this and the oil rinse I am putting myself in a position for some real healthy growing. Thanks for the advise and recommendations.

Me too, me too. Between the two I really can't ask for anything else. I love the way my hair feels.

bee

Do you only DC with a protein conditioner? I use Optimum's Hi-tech Reconstructor (especially after reading Cathy Howze's method), every 2x a week. Is this too much?

I wear braidouts 90% of the time and washing more frequently, is stopping the "tearing" when I bread. Also, I don't lose that much hair when I comb out in the shower.

sareca

I've DC w/ protein, reconstructors, and moisturizing conditoiners. They all work good for me. :yep:

JustKiya

Seeeeee!!! *shakes fist* Dangone you women, I'mma HAVE to try this! And I'm supposed to be doing my protien treatment this week ANYHOW - it'll be interesting. I'd love to cut down my con/deep con/cowash cycle time a bit......

Incredible1ne

I tried it the other day with Silicon Mix. It worked very well. My hair feels moisturized and I have very dry 4B natural hair. I'm going to try it again this weekend but this time with Motions CPR. I'm thinking the protein will react better on dry hair.

sareca

I want to try it but I will not see results until my next relaxer. Sareca can I do this with braided hair? I'm in braids now (well as of two days ago).

I'm one of those crazy nuts that does hot oil treatment and dc w/ moisture and heat while braided. I done it for years. :yep: I always did it on dry hair, but I usually mixed the conditioner with water to help it penetrate the braids better.

sareca

I tried it the other day with Silicon Mix. It worked very well. My hair feels moisturized and I have very dry 4B natural hair. I'm going to try it again this weekend but this time with Motions CPR. I'm thinking the protein will react better on dry hair.

oooo, i can't wait to try it w/ silicon mix. i just ordered some. i was kinda hoping it would be here today. :ohwell:

JerriBlank

I tried this last night on my braids w/ praital silk worm cream conditioner,w/ a few drops of aphogee protein treatment.I left it on for long time cuz i accidentally fell asleep:ohwell:.I rinsed it out and then applied a conditioner mix of freeman sea kelp conditioner,w/ a lil miss key 10 en 1(cause i need to finish up the latter.)After rinsing this out,I took down a braid when my hair was still wet,ran my fingers through the loose hair and guess what?No broken hairs!!!!!I took down some more braids,and did the same thing and the results were almost exactly the same!!!I'm sticking to this like white on rice and plan to incorporate it into my regimen some more,cause it almost instantly stopped my hair breakage!!Sareca,you're a doll-baby:yep:!

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Lately I haven't been in the mood to moisturize my hair as I should, and it's been dry like a biscuit. So I applied leftover ORS Mayo to my exxxtra dry hair, left it on for more than an hour with a heating cap, and went online to pass the time.

After rinsing and co-washing with leftover Suave conditioner, I applied a little mix of castor & coconut oil and air dried in five braids. No problems detangling. I lost a little hair, but that was to be expected after not taking care of it and leaving it in a pin-up for three days (yeah, I know--these allergies got me feeling crappy).

But my hair was soft this morning, and it looked darker after all that nourishment (like soil after it's watered.) :grin:

This was a good way for me to up old products. I like pre-treatments better than regular DC's anyway, so this is right up my alley. :yep:

Last edited:

dillard

:ohsnap: Why did this work so well?!? I dc'd with Emergencia for like 10 minutes dry and then washed, rinsed/detangled with normal conditioner. My hair is softer than it normally is when I dc on wet hair. Good look Sareca!! :up:

LOL, that was cute! ok, i'm about to try this right now. i think i'm in need of protein, I'm gonna DC with heat using Motions CPR for 20min. Then I'm gonna hop in the shower and poo and con with Keracare Hyd/Det and Humecto. I'll let you all know my results.