Dominican Salon Visits

TonicaG

TonicaG
Hello Ladies,

Those of you that frequent the Dominican Salons, how often do you go? I'm really trying to stretch my relaxer and would like to know if it's okay to go once a week?

Your thoughts?...

considering the amount of heat they use, i think once a week would do more harm than good...when i was relaxed the salon i went to got my roots bone straight like i had a fresh relaxer and if i wrapped it every night my hair looked good for atleast 2 weeks...so i dont think you need to go more than every couple of weeks

I stay away from the dominican blow outs. It caused too much breakage. I would suggest going maybe every two weeks and only getting the roots blown out. Maybe even bring your own heat protectant. Oh and I would wait until theres a good amount of new growth so as to not cause too much overlapping with the relaxed hair. I wouldnt recommend that level of heat on the relaxed parts of your hair.

I only go there for blowouts once every 3 to 4 months. Its a lot of heat and usually go when I am excited for a lenth check because they get my hair straighter than I can with my Chi.

Once a week may be too much. Usually when I go, I can retain the look for about a week. They use a lot of heat and the round brush method is nothing to mess with. There is a lot of hair in that brush when they finish.

considering the amount of heat they use, i think once a week would do more harm than good...when i was relaxed the salon i went to got my roots bone straight like i had a fresh relaxer and if i wrapped it every night my hair looked good for atleast 2 weeks...so i dont think you need to go more than every couple of weeks

I agree with Iri - once a week maybe too much.

I'd like to add depending on your hair type, the blow-out and the detangling process may cause a lot of harm at the line of demarcation. I'm mostly 4b and I do not like to go to any salon after 6 wks post relaxer because of this reason.

Back