DO YOU KNOW WHAT TODAY IS??????.........3yrs

OP, you have beautiful hair :lick:- what is your hair type?? It looks kinda like mine except I could never get my natural hair to look that pretty. In fact, can I get your reggie too please? :)
Hey, Thanks for the compliment. My hair has a mixture of textures. I think I have some 4Bs and some 4As. Its had to tell so I say I am 4a/b I guess.

Here is my reggie:
  1. Prepoo with oil or mild protein conditioner (mix of natural oils or Aubrey organics GPB)
  2. Shampoo (Curls cleaning cream)
  3. Deep Condition under the dryer (1hr) or just with plastic cup (2hrs)- (My staple DC is Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle rose, but I also use Shescentit Banana brulee, Hairveda Sitrinillah mask)
  4. Detangle with Suave tropical coconut
  5. Braid up my wet hair using Kinky Curly Knot today or Kimmaytube Leave-in. Let the hair dry and rock a braid out
  6. For moisturizer, my staples are Qhemet Heavy cream or Burdock root butter cream
  7. I seal with Coconut oil, Cocasta Shikakai oil, Vatika frosting or Oyin burnt sugar.
  8. If I need to rebraid for next day hair, I spritz my hair with water and add a lil KCKT and in the morning my braid out is fresh.
  9. If I blowdry I use my regular leave-in and use Sabino misture block.
You are soooo creative! I can't wait to see your styles in the coming years. Do you have any tutorials on YT? If not, get to it, girly :)
Thanks girl. I dont have YT tuts:sad:, I am not brave enough for the YT world, maybe some day.

I love it! Beautiful!!

BTW: This is my first comment on LHCF!:yep:
YAY, lucky me!

BEAUTIFUL! Your hair is so pretty. How do you obtain that shine?
All of your hairstyles are cute too.
I think my leave-in has something to do with the shine. I use Kinky Curly Knot today and sometimes I use the Kimmaytube leave-in recipe which uses KCKT. In my flatironed pics, the Sabino moisture block might have something to do with the shine, but I think its the leave-in also. Thanks for the compliment.

And what a glorious three years it's been! I love your styles (per usual)!! I am going to have to borrow some of them.
What a glorious three year indeed! The first 6-8 months were rough I tell you. After that, it was smooth sailing and never looking back:grin:

I remember when you BCd and your shock, and I honestly feel like I've been on your hair journey with you over the years. Congrats and my dear, your hair looks beautiful!
I never thought it was possible to lose sleep over hair until I BCed. WOW, those first few months drove me nuts.
I have enjoyed my natural hair, its unbelievable. Never thought I would make it this far. I love this hair so much.

I love your updos! Very nice hair jewelry and accesories! You look like you have made BSL! very beautifu hair!
Thanks girl. BSL huh? Thats my goal for this year. We will see when I flatiron, but this makes me happy!.

CONGRATZ!!!! :dance7: Your hair looks FAB!

Ummm..... OP now can you start a thread and show us how you did your buns and where you got your hair toys!:lachen:
Thanks for the compliment. I use the sock method to do my bun, but as my hair grows longer, I am gonna have to find a different method.
I get my toys from Claires and from Ardene, but most of them are necklaces, belts, jewels from earrings, bracelets etc. I see a necklace or a belt and I think, how can I use it for my hair:grin:

You know what i absolutely love about your progress, the fact that it's been 11 months since my BC. The way you have shown the stages over the three years through different styles has given me a great idea of how much progress i can expect in my months and years to come. Your progress is beautifully documented and i will continue to journey with you along the way.

Now i know what to expect and also you've given me cute style ideas, I'm just really sorry i don't have a camera right now so i can chart my progress like others have been able to so i've missed out on 11mths.

Congrats and 3 wonderful years and hope the next 3 years will be twice as nice for you!
Awww, this brough tears to my eyes. Thank you so much. Patience has been key for me.

Congrats. Your styles are beautiful! My hair is currently in your two year stage. I would love to know how you did twist out? (the styles that are in the up do that has the crinkled look is a twist out right? year 3) What products used? Was it on dry hair/blow dried or wet hair? I have yet to wear my hair out as a natural and I BC in 6/2010.
This will help me so much!
Hey, Thanks for the compliment. I usually don't do twist out, they never turn out right. I do braid out. They are the best for my hair and give me alot of stretch, shine and definition. I use Kinky Curly Knot today on wet hair. Best leave-in ever! I also use the Kimmaytube Leave-in which also works great for me.
I use KCKT for the most part. I have also used Miss Jesse's curly meringue but havent gotten the best results from that. I do my braids on wet hair, if I need to refresh, I put a little KCKT and water in a spray bottle and rebraid for a fresh braid out.
Hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

happy anniversary manders and i just love your styles!!!

ps i love how you titled the thread, whenever i hear that sentence i think of tony toni tone's song ;)

Such healthy & beautiful hair u made me more excited about what I have to look forward to by 3 years I'm coming up on my 1 year on may 10 yay!!!!

Sent from my iPhone4 using LHCF

Mandy4610 I'm sure you're sick of hearing me say you're the queen of styling Type 4 hair.

Now I will return to read the whole thread, but if you haven't done so already, can you please (pretty please with sugar on it and chocolate sprinkles) explain how you did the very first do in the Three Years images? Can you come do my hair sometime?

Your hair is beautiful! I love the shine, the thickness, and the texture. And the styles - Oh My! I'm styling challenged, but I'm going to check out your fotki and find some time to practice. I just started year two and I think I can modify some of your styles if I try hard enough.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing!

Mandy4610 I'm sure you're sick of hearing me say you're the queen of styling Type 4 hair.

Now I will return to read the whole thread, but if you haven't done so already, can you please (pretty please with sugar on it and chocolate sprinkles) explain how you did the very first do in the Three Years images? Can you come do my hair sometime?
Hey Nonie, you are so sweet. Thank you so much, you always have the kindest comments.

Now, for that style. That was an experiment that I don't really remember how I got there. I will experiment again and see if I can recreate it then I can post about it or pm you. Sorry that I can't remember :(

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Wow, such beautiful hair and such nice styles! You are very creative, milady! Will be stalking that Fotki for style ideas b/c sometimes I get into the bun slump." lol Keep up the gr8 wrk! HHG! Can't wait to see in 3 more years!"

Thank you so much ladies. I really appreciate your comments and your support.

Congrats Mandy!! Your styles are so creative. I love your updos very sleek and sophisticated. I would love to follow you on Youtube if you decide to do videos, I could use your help. Keep it growing~

Mandy, I just love your hair. It always looks great. And your accessories are just to die for. I love accessories, but tend to by ones that are market as accessories. You are really creative in how you decorate your hair. I am a fan!

Thank you all so much. I really do appreciate your support. Y'all give me the inspiration to keep going on this journey.

Back