No Longer a Lurker!! it feels ohh so Good:)

*~Mocha~*

Hello All, :grin:

I am no longer a lurker and it feels so Good. I have been contemplating if i really needed to subscribe, I figured the search engine was enough but it proved otherwise. Well, I am on my journey for healthly long beautiful hair and can use all the help I can get.

This may be a little lenghthy and thanks for taking the time to read it all if you decide to.

Well, I always had healthly 3c/4a hair since growing up and then the dreadful at home mom-do relaxer changed everything since then I could not retain any length. At age 13 I had my first BIG chop and after that I kept my hair in braids for 3 years( of course rebraiding every 3months) after the 3yrs of braiding my hair was shoulder length relaxed after a trim. I was extremely happy. Prom came about 2yrs later and I had my first professional weave(bonding) I had 3 rows bonded as I just wanted a little length and fullness since I have thin hair. Well I grew ADDICTED TO WEAVING and unprofessional hair stylists kept telling me that 3tracks did not look right and that I needed to glue in a full head, so I did and did that religiously for approximately 3yrs STRAIGHT. my hair as you can imagine was DAMAGED!!!! completely damaged all my edges were GONE! so I began doing the braid weaving my a friend of my mothers and she did wonders for my hair it grew and I gain thickness. I did this for about 3yrs. I moved to Orlando (from Boston) and could not find a good stylist after about a year of searching I settled for a salon nearby. At first this lady was all about health (so she says) and she did nice weaving styles and I kept going to her religiously for about 2-3yrs after taking my last weave out (November 2008) my hair was DAMAGED I had traction alopecia from all the tension and my hair was completely DAMAGED. for 3yrs I have been installing new weave with a fresh relaxer approximately every 5-8weeks, not once did she ever tell me that I should not be putting a weave after a fresh relaxer. well after years of abuse I found LCHF and have been doing my hair except for my relaxer which I stretch now.

Since LCHF:
I have at least 2in of growth ( its still short but coming along)
I have been taking Biotin 5000mg (no pimples its doing just fine)
I have purchased and use OCT as a leave in
Keracare natural oils
fallen in love with garnier fructis strength &length (cowash)
my doctor suggested I use Nioxin and I use that

Since then my edges are 95% better just a little left til I its 100%
my hair looks and feels so healthy now.

Thank you ladies so much. If it wasnt for LHCF I would be wearing those awful weaves masking my problems and making them worse..

sorry for the long introduction..

Also, is there a way that I can change my name..Lol. i dont like it anymore. im not in that much of a crisis anymore.

WELCOME TO THE HAIR BOARDS GIRl!!!

You can change your name but I don't know how......lol.

Someone will chime in soon.

Welcome girly! :wave:

Those glue in weaves are no joke. I found LHCF after years of relying on the glue. My hair was TO UP!!! I'm glad you found us, I'm always happy to see people dedicated to hair :cool:

You can change your name by going to "user cp" at the top of the screen. There's a section that says submit a ticket. I don't know what you do past that :lol: I think you write the mods a message asking them to change your name. It won't be a problem, everybody stays changing their names around here! :giggle:

Back