Do you know this girl?

LOVE Her!

Watching her vids had me going out buying all those L'Oreal HIP Duos to try again and trying MAC colors that i would've never picked up myself.

And YES i saw her "Dry Wrap" vid and i am currently under the dryer, got my CHI silk, already stopped by the store and got my saran wrap and i hope i get that swang like she did!

Considering buying that Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Serum at Sally's as well.

Ateyaa
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ateyaaa

My friend told me to watch her videos on youtube. She's really funny and positive and talks about using the Apoghee system to help her hair grow. I did a search and there were a million hair and makeup tutorials on youtube!

Who's your favorite and why?

I love Ateyaa's personality, I learned about aphogee from her, and also got a few tips on how to style a fall wig. Her regimen is not for me though, like she said, that is what she likes for her her.

I actually have two favorites, the yasjencon and traycee (Kissseventyseven), my top two hair idols

Besides that I love, love pjpjsquared, got a lot of tips on installing my weave by myself from her. I also like crownofhisglory, she does a lot of fun hair styles and updos.

I want some of the Skinny, but I already got 2 bottles of CHI SI and a brand new bottle of SMB.

I want some of the Skinny, but I already got 2 bottles of CHI SI and a brand new bottle of SMB.

I tried the skinny because it has less alcohol (I think no) that CSI, but I didn't like it. Of course, it was the generic brand versus the real CSI.

Ladies, I was thinking about it really hard the other night & when my hair was healthy, I was doing basically what Ateeya does. DCing & Flat ironing once a week, light moisture & serums, and wrapping nightly to maintain- and my hair was sooo healthy! (See 2nd pic below in my siggy). I only started having problems when I started curling my hair every day.

I feel like I have learned so much here, but I don't know....Ateeya's growth is certainly outpacing mine and I hardly ever use heat and I moisturize and DC like a fool.

I tried the skinny because it has less alcohol (I think no) that CSI, but I didn't like it. Of course, it was the generic brand versus the real CSI.

Ladies, I was thinking about it really hard the other night & when my hair was healthy, I was doing basically what Ateeya does. DCing & Flat ironing once a week, light moisture & serums, and wrapping nightly to maintain- and my hair was sooo healthy! (See 2nd pic below in my siggy). I only started having problems when I started curling my hair every day.

I feel like I have learned so much here, but I don't know....Ateeya's growth is certainly outpacing mine and I hardly ever use heat and I moisturize and DC like a fool.

I hadn't watched any of her videos before this thread but I watched a few and the biggest thing she seemed to keep saying was do what works for you. That has been the biggest lesson I've learned about haircare. I don't try to imitate what anyone else does (I may use products recommended but I don't try to follow a crazy strict routine).

LOVE Her!

Watching her vids had me going out buying all those L'Oreal HIP Duos to try again and trying MAC colors that i would've never picked up myself.

And YES i saw her "Dry Wrap" vid and i am currently under the dryer, got my CHI silk, already stopped by the store and got my saran wrap and i hope i get that swang like she did!

Considering buying that Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Serum at Sally's as well.

Girl, I just got out under the dryer for doing my dry wrap:grin: My mom did this and my cousin in law:grin: My mom's didn't turn out right though.....not sure about mine b/c i haven't unwrapped it yet. I doubt if I get swang like hers:ohwell:

What HIP colors do you like in eyeshadows and gloss? MAC?

I know-right? I've been on this board......seems like forever and a day:grin: and follow the LHF no-no's-no heat, airdry, moisturizing, etc. Ateya hair looks better than mine and is longer than mine:blush: Girl, we need to talk:grin:

I hadn't watched any of her videos before this thread but I watched a few and the biggest thing she seemed to keep saying was do what works for you. That has been the biggest lesson I've learned about haircare. I don't try to imitate what anyone else does (I may use products recommended but I don't try to follow a crazy strict routine).

That is so true. I could never understand where all the negativity and rudeness was about her videos. She was saying that all along. I have since stopped airdrying.....my ends just thinned:blush:

I love her videos as well, but I don't follow her regimen. I've tried some of the make up tips though.

If I were still relaxing I would incorporate some of her techniques but alternate the flat ironing with roller sets and add more moisture. I like how she shows that you can be self-sufficient when it comes to hair care.

I like that she's managed to use heat once a week and her hair does not look damaged. Besides, she's sharing her experiences and has a nice personality. I have a friend whose hair looks just like that,she uses heat like that and has very healthy hair,same swang

Yeah I think that was one of the first UTube Videos I ever watched was Ateyaa's. I especially love her tutorial on half wigs, she makes it look so easy and flawless.

I like Ateyaa's personality on her vids and her hair is beautiful. I started using aphogee protein treatment because of her. I didn't realize she had new vids.

*off to watch 'em"

Back