Keraphix immediately after Relaxer...Help??

goldenage

Hey Ladies,

I'm still trying to figure everything out...so I have a couple of questions.

I am due for my touch up next Thursday, so on Sunday I want to apply a protein treatment using the avocado/egg/olive oil mixture that Candi C raved about a couple of weeks back...that would be my heavy protein for the week before the relaxer. Then immediatley after a relax I want my stylist to use Keraphix....but I'm not sure if that should be done before you neutralize or after. I was thinking Keraphix, neutralize, and then Humectress as a moistrizing conditioner. What do you think? What do you ladies do??....since I don't self relax and I have to take the products in to my stylist (which I've never done before)...I know she may be a bit resistant so I want to make sure I'm able to explain it correctly.

TIA!

goldenage said:
Hey Ladies,

I'm still trying to figure everything out...so I have a couple of questions.

I am due for my touch up next Thursday, so on Sunday I want to apply a protein treatment using the avocado/egg/olive oil mixture that Candi C raved about a couple of weeks back...that would be my heavy protein for the week before the relaxer. Then immediatley after a relax I want my stylist to use Keraphix....but I'm not sure if that should be done before you neutralize or after. I was thinking Keraphix, neutralize, and then Humectress as a moistrizing conditioner. What do you think? What do you ladies do??....since I don't self relax and I have to take the products in to my stylist (which I've never done before)...I know she may be a bit resistant so I want to make sure I'm able to explain it correctly.

TIA!

That sounds perfect to me ;)

WOW! I had actually decided to do this recently. I have a big unused liter of Keraphix and I want to get some use out of it.

I ALWAYS apply a reconstructor before a neutralizer anyway. Keraphix seems like it could be perfect for this.

Alot of ladies do add a conditioner before the neutralizing step and have great results. Keraphix would be a good choice. But for me, i am deathly afraid to put anything in my hair before neutralizing. Reason is because I want all of the chemicals washed out of my hair FIRST before I try to coat it with a conditioner that restructures the bonds. I dont want the condish to coat the relaxer as it is attempting to restructure the protein bonds of my hair...and so when i do neutralize, then it'll be hard to get all traces of the relaxer out. This is just my thought... i guess either way is acceptable.

oh and by the way, whatever you decide. research it on this board and make sure you feel confident and know exactly what you want. Cause i guarantee you that your stylist will giggle at you and this will knock all of your confidence out the window. So stand your ground and be prepared for her to react in a unflattering way....:ohwell:

I use keraphix after neutralizing and have had no problems. I've never tried it before just because I use phyto and it takes forever to neutralize...I don't want to risk making it even harder.

thanks ladies for your responses...I'm going to take my Keraphix and Humectress to the salon with me....I just hope my stylist doesn't give me a hard time...I'm still trying to figure out how I can go about telling her to do this without making it seem like I don't trust her...see this is why I need to learn how to self relax!

Back