Humectress DC + raw egg as midstep after touch up?

afjhnsn

I've been reading up on applying your own relaxer :)
The last time I did my own touch up (actually a friend did it), we used aphogee 2 min as the midstep and she said it seemed to work very well

In a few weeks it will be about that time again for a touch up..
I'm thinking that I could use Nexxus Humectress DC and add an egg to provide the protein (instead of aphogee).
Does this sound like a good idea? Or would the egg be TOO much protein?
=/

I favor human hair keratin protein (Joico's KPak, etc.) which is derived from human hair. I don't believe that the egg can deeply penetrate and bond as well as the real deal. I like to use a cuticle sealer to bring down the raised post processed cuticle.

I wouldn't use the egg. You really want to be able to get both the conditioner and relaxer out of your hair thoroughly. In order to do that you may have to use warmer water and that will not work with the egg.

I wouldn't use the egg. You really want to be able to get both the conditioner and relaxer out of your hair thoroughly. In order to do that you may have to use warmer water and that will not work with the egg.

Ooh.. Good point! I'm thinking I could use colder water, but yes, you're absolutely right. Thank you. Maybe I'll just do an egg/mayo/condish a week before.

Back