Chemical Relaxing Warning-Importance of Using Base

so1913

I received this email about the importance of basing the scalp before applying relaxers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chemical Relaxing Warning
Using Chemical Relaxers without Basing is Dangerous!
December 2005

Applying chemical relaxers without firstly using a protective base can cause severe and permanent damage to the human scalp.

While the first layer of the human scalp [epidermis] is primarily composed of keratin. Its normal pH value is normal at 4.5 – 5.5; for this reason it is extremely crucial to completely apply protective base to the scalp prior to the chemical relaxing service.

Most protective bases contain lanolin, mineral oils, and in most newly formulated brands you’ll even find Shea butter as one of the ingredients (this is your best choice). Documented scientific research has uncovered specific facts that pointedly substantiate the fact that applying chemical relaxers without firstly applying a protective base is one of the causes of major scalp disorders of women that actually receive the chemical relaxing treatment, especially over long periods of time.
An extremely dry & itchy scalp, irreversible follicle damage, and the human scalp’s ability to return to its normal acid mantle can be the permanent result of not applying a protective base to the scalp previous to the chemical relaxer treatment.

So remember, if some one is doing your relaxer treatment for you, or you are doing it yourself always insist upon a protective base first. The rule is: no base—no relaxer. Be firm insist upon it! It can mean the difference between a healthy or non healthy scalp!
more on hair care . . .

Contact Information
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.homehaircarehelp.com

Crystalicequeen123

Is vaseline a good base for a relaxer? Just curious? If so, I think I may put some vaseline on my scalp the day of my relaxer just in case. My stylist bases my scalp every time, but you know...you can never be TOO prepared!

tenderheaded

I hope this message gets to professional stylists. I lost my hair because not only did she not base but she relaxed 2 weeks after permanent color!!!

If stylists would stop trying to cram as many clients as possible into each day, these messages would be unnecessary.:mad:

Thanks for the reminder!!!

Samaria

I am crazy about basing.. I dont base tOO much but I do apply castor oil atleast 3 days up until im relaxing and I make sure I base the scalp and some sort of base on the relaxed hair Im crazy bout that.