Can't wrap worth CRAP!

Leshia

Can\'t wrap worth CRAP!

I whipped out my Pantene Relaxed and Natural wrap lotion and just *knew* I was wrapping my hair. Long story--short, I ended up wrapping one side and then slapping it into a ponytail.
Why is it so hard to wrap your hair while it's wet? Are there any secrets that I'm missing? I don't want to wind up ripping out half of my hair, so I want to be as gentle as possible, but it's just..HARD.

BrEE

Re: Can\'t wrap worth CRAP!

oh can't help ya there. wrapping while wet is too much of a hassle for me.maybe you could dry your hair in a pony tail to get it kinda straight

btw you have a beautful family. your husband's handsome and your kids are too cute.

Lindy

Yeah, I agree that wet wrapping is really difficult!! I remember when I had gotten my hair cut short, my stylist gave me some of that wrapping paper so I could try to wet wrap my hair at home... you know, the stuff that's like stretchy end papers, but it's attached in a sheet... well, I could not wrap my hair correctly AT ALL!!
I gave up on that after only the first try!!

meka

You know what I do. I apply a litle bit of leave in conditioner to my hair and then comb it down like an umbrella all the way aroound my head. Then I apply Keracare Foam Wrap and and then wrap it from the middle down and around so you don't have to fuss with that top part. I also add a few magnetic rollers to the top for fullness and that also aids in just wrapping the sides front and back and then you don't have to fuss with the top. Hope this helps. Oh and you do have a beautiful family and I am also a military wife with three sons.

flyjump00

I don't wrap while wet. I let it air dry and then wrap it and spray it. Be careful with that wet hair.

Honi

There is no board.

I wish I could help ya out on that one. I can't even wrap my hair dry. One side is always flatter than the other and I hate to use a brush like the dominicans do but they do a fabulous job wrapping.

alliyah4eva203

i gave up trying to wrap my hair while wet a long time ago. i just use the pony tail method to dry it now. i'm still trying to learn how to do rollersets properly.

candibaby

i dont have a problem with wet-wrapping my hair, one of the few good things my ex-hairdresser taught me well. i find that it's a whole lot easier if you use a FOAM wrap lotion, like motions or something. (I also use 3 big rollers to roll the hair at the crown)

elliot

For me to get my wrap super straight requires that I wrap my hair when it is super wet. When my hair is really wet, I am able to smooth the cuticles and make my hair lay flat and smooth. I use Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade to assist me. Also, someone else mentioned to wrap in a downward fashion and this is a big help too--especially for the crown area.

HTH
Elliot

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
oh can't help ya there. wrapping while wet is too much of a hassle for me.maybe you could dry your hair in a pony tail to get it kinda straight

btw you have a beautful family. your husband's handsome and your kids are too cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can try to dry in a ponytail first. I was trying to save time, but saving headaches is much more important. Thanks for the compliment. *smiles*

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
meka said:
You know what I do. I apply a litle bit of leave in conditioner to my hair and then comb it down like an umbrella all the way aroound my head. Then I apply Keracare Foam Wrap and and then wrap it from the middle down and around so you don't have to fuss with that top part. I also add a few magnetic rollers to the top for fullness and that also aids in just wrapping the sides front and back and then you don't have to fuss with the top. Hope this helps. Oh and you do have a beautiful family and I am also a military wife with three sons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meka, I got some similar advice to do this method, so I might try this. I don't know many with three sons, you should come hang out with me!

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:
I wish I could help ya out on that one. I can't even wrap my hair dry. One side is always flatter than the other and I hate to use a brush like the dominicans do but they do a fabulous job wrapping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't WAIT to try this dominican salon when I get to DC this summer...

Flyjump - I believe you mean GO AIR FORCE! *SMIRKING**

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
elliot said:
For me to get my wrap super straight requires that I wrap my hair when it is super wet. When my hair is really wet, I am able to smooth the cuticles and make my hair lay flat and smooth. I use Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade to assist me. Also, someone else mentioned to wrap in a downward fashion and this is a big help too--especially for the crown area.

HTH
Elliot

[/ QUOTE ]

Elliot, come do mine.. :::extends comb::::

elliot

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
elliot said:

HTH
Elliot

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me check the flight schedule to <font color="red"> KOREA</font> !!!
Do you think if I leave now, I will be back in the AM for work?
Oh yeah, is that North or South <font color="red"> KOREA</font> !!!

Hurry home!!!

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
elliot said:
[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
elliot said:

HTH
Elliot

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me check the flight schedule to <font color="red"> KOREA</font> !!!
Do you think if I leave now, I will be back in the AM for work?
Oh yeah, is that North or South <font color="red"> KOREA</font> !!!

Hurry home!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, how could it possibly matter whether or not i'm located in a war zone when my hair needs to be wrapped?? *SMIRKING*

Gmaimai

have trouble wrapping it while it is dry..... wouldn't dare to attempt while wet.

meka

That's what I am talking about. Go Air Force! My husband was at Osan in 1999-2000. We are stationed in SC now which I hate. But anyways try the one method I told you about and see what happens.[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't WAIT to try this dominican salon when I get to DC this summer...

Flyjump - I believe you mean GO AIR FORCE! *SMIRKING**

[/ QUOTE ]

flyjump00

NO!!!
Fly Navy!
Hey ladies we need to get together. See my post that I am getting ready to post on Off topic OK.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
I whipped out my Pantene Relaxed and Natural wrap lotion and just *knew* I was wrapping my hair. Long story--short, I ended up wrapping one side and then slapping it into a ponytail.
Why is it so hard to wrap your hair while it's wet? Are there any secrets that I'm missing? I don't want to wind up ripping out half of my hair, so I want to be as gentle as possible, but it's just..HARD.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should wrap your hair when it is dry. Ive wrapped my hair wet only once and I did not like how my hair turned out after it dried and I unwrapped it. But I guess if your trying to keep it in the wrap, you should start wrapping from the top of your head (maybe put 1-2 rollers a the crown of your head to help) and start wrapping making sure every section blends with the hair that you have wrapped (if that makes any sense). Go slowly and using a round brush or fine tooth comb helps but be careful not to pull or tug on your hair while its wet
HTH!

aprilbiz

I do what Meka suggested minus the rollers in the top. I comb all the hair down even in my eyes. The I part it on the right or left (depends on which way I want to wrap it) and hold the top of my head so that as I"m wrapping the hair is not bunching up in the top.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

[ QUOTE ]
aprilbiz said:
I do what Meka suggested minus the rollers in the top. I comb all the hair down even in my eyes. The I part it on the right or left (depends on which way I want to wrap it) and hold the top of my head so that as I"m wrapping the hair is not bunching up in the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was suggesting to avoid bunching at the top, part your hair whichever way then start wrapping from the top to the bottom instead of from the bottom to the top.