ATTN: Wrap setters!

melodee

I just cannot seem to do a good wrap set to save my life. I've seen the diagram with the girl wrapping her hair with the big roller in the middle, but I still can't seen to get the very tip top crown area smooth. It is always loose and makes for terrible crinkly set. I'm great at wrapping my dry hair up at night, but when it's wet I'm all thumbs.
crazy.gif
What setting lotion do you use? Any wrappin' experts here can offer me tips?

I wrap my hair, but I roller set it and then wrap it (dry). This always gives me a nice smooth wrap. By the way, I'm sure you'll get more responses. Just give the members a little more time.

I can't wrap to save my life either. Not even dry. I don't even try anymore. I do a rollerset, comb out the curls a tad with my fingers and leave it curly and bouncy. I prefer it that way anyway. But still I'd like to know how to wrap. It's just that my hair looses that silky feeling and looks stiff and dosn' t move when I try. It's weird.

I used to only do wet wraps. Until I learned how to roller set. You lose more hair doing wet wraps. But you do it exactly the same way that you do a dry wrap except with different products. You use setting lotion, leave-ins, etc...

Wet wraps also take a while to dry. Mine can take 2-3 hours and your results are not as smooth as a roller set and wrap. To get the smooth look you will have to use a flat or curling iron.

Hi, I've been wrapping my hair wet and dry for 10 years and I have very thick hair. My method is:
1. Deep Condition hair
2. Saturate hair with leave-in conditioner and a good wrapping lotion

3. Comb hair down on sides with wide tooth comb
4. Wrap in sections (don't try to wrap all your length in one sweep)
5. Patients and Practice!

It gets easier after a while and make sure you are gentle with your hair

Back