I need MAJOR HELP on wrapping my hair at night!!!

bludacious

I want to keep away from the flat irons as much as possible. I am wrapping my hair, but how do you ladies do it? Okay, I know how to wrap it but my hair comes out looking like at hat(so, I am doing something wrong). It's just straight! I guess how do I get my hair to fluff? Tell me what you do to wrap your hair!

When you say your hair is straight after you wrap it, I guess you mean that it does not have any bend in it?

Sometiems I will place a roller or two at the crown and wrap the rest of my hair. I usually wrap it with a wide tooth comb, and then smooth it was a brush.

Make sure not to place too much product, oil, moisturizers on your hair also b4 you wrap it
Not sure that Helps much, but I'm sure others will chime in...

Last edited:
prettygrl said:
When you say your hair is straight after you wrap it, I guess you mend that it does not have any bend in it?

Sometiems I will place a roller or two at the crown and wrap the rest of my hair. I usually wrap it with a wide tooth comb, and then smooth it was a brush.

Make sure not to place too much product, oil, moisturizers on your hair also b4 you wrap it
Not sure that Helps much, but I'm sure others will chime in...

Thank!!! I will try the roller at the top of the crown.

I agree with limiting the products. I only use a small amount of a LIGHT oil (Coconut was my favorite). I also try not to smooth too much or tie my scarf too tight. I didn't flatten my hair onto my head... HTH some... :)

I spray my hair with a light oil sheen spray (like EQP Reflect or TCB) and wrap loosely with a wide tooth comb. Then I tie it loosely so it won't be plastered to my head the next morning, and top that with a satin bonnet.

If you don't want it to come out looking like a hat, try to begin wrapping your hair at the crown, instead of beginning by your forehead..... if that makes sense to you. :look: I hope I helped and didn't confuse you :lol:

Thanks ladies!!! My wrapped turned out a lot better. With practice, I will accomplish a great wrap! Your advice was greatly appreciated!

bludacious said:
Thanks ladies!!! My wrapped turned out a lot better. With practice, I will accomplish a great wrap! Your advice was greatly appreciated!

That's great bludacious! Even though I didn't give any advice...:lol:

It took me a minute to master this. One thing to keep in mind is your hair has to be PRIMED for a wrap. Whenever I need a perm and new growth is out of control - my wrap suffers. When it's been a minute since I last washed and I got a head full of dirty hair - my wrap suffers. I also try to alternate which way I wrap it. Your hair seems to eventually get trained to go in whatever direction you wrap it. Then I noticed one side looked better than the other. Switching sides helps keep both sides tight (for me anyway) :D Happy Wrapping!

Back