Calling All Natural Hair Sister

happylocks

I am nature 4 a/b texture I dont plan to perm, I would like to share some advice on taking care of all natural hair, Plz come and share,
smile.gif

Hi, my natural sista!

May I recommend conditioning washes every other day, using a moisturizing shampoo, i.e. Motions or Creme of Nature, pre-shampoo hot oil treatment, deep conditioning. I'm sure you can use cholesterol or other reconstructing products, S-Curl, rollersets or braids, leave-in treatments and good oils for your hair (avoid heavy Vaseline-based grease at all costs).

Hope to help you out, my nautral sista.

I have used Conditioner, but have not notice or seen much differents,
tongue.gif
I enjoy homemade conditioners Eggs olive oil and conditioner should as Dark and lovelys "Dry Hair Healer"
look.gif
, it seems to work well, I think thick cream condition with less water are good for me hair, I feel nothing but water down Conditioner with all the ones I have used on the Market
confused.gif
, Thank you
wink.gif
baby Curls

I recommend you review the henna and "straighten hair the natural way" threads
smile.gif
There is alot of good information on those posts.

Anytime, happylocks. That's why you are here on the board because we can help you any way we can.
smile.gif

Hi Happylocks,
wave.gif

I would suggest hennalucent (check out my recipe) using the oils and following with a creamy conditioner keeps the hair from being "hard" afterwards. I would suggest Nexxus humectress, cholesterol, and Matrix biolage detangling baume, those really work for me but everybody is different. hth
smile.gif

I enjoy being natural, now that I am old enough to care for my hair myself, finding ways to make it easyer to deal with, I still have to braid individual braids in my hair and wash each one
shocked.gif
, every time I wash my hair, but I am learning to care for it , I cant wash my hair altogether, or the scalp will not get clean, and to comb it out will be tooo much, So that is the easy way for me, If Any one has a much more easyer way plz share Ty

Hello I washed my hair this week and it was not the difficult,
laugh.gif
I bought IN23, I was told that I would not see much differents because I am a natural
look.gif
,but ppl with Permed hair can see the differents IN23 makes on their hair,
shocked.gif
I hope so, If any of you have seen a differents useing it plz
share Ty
drunk.gif

I would suggest drinking lots of water and misting your hair with it a few times a week. When you're natural, water is your best friend. Eat lots of veggies and fruits; they help strengthen your hair. Don't use products that contain alcohol, lanolin, petroleum as well as other stuff you can't pronounce. Natural hair loves natural products, so I would encourage you to use products that contain glycerin, water, as well as essential oils. Use olive oil as a hot oil treatment, or you could try Kemi Oyl as well. Good styles for natural hair include braids, twists, braidouts, twistouts and afros. Do whatever works for you, but on the other hand, our hair grows better when we're not manipulating it all the time. Be sure to keep on top of your conditioning treatments. I hope this helps.

Hi Happylocks
wave.gif

I have personally found that rinsing every day with conditioner and washing every four days has been the greatest thing for my hair...it thrives on moisture and water.

Olive oil and shea butter has been great for my hair. The olive oil is good for hot oil treatments and styling and the shea butter defines my curls like you would not believe.

A seamless comb is another thing that saves my hair. Before I started buying them,no one at the stores knew what I was talking about so I started making my own by filing the seams down. I saved so much hair and hardly had any breakage.

I also found that products I used to use when I was relaxed no longer provided what I needed. I had to switch to heavier products that detangled, softened, moisturized and defined curls...definately a lot of trial and error and tons of products later.
smile.gif

there's a lot of good advice on this board!

As for me, I don't use any heat on my hair anymore, and that's made a huge difference for me. As for washing my hair, I puti it in four big plait, and undo one at a time to wash the scalp/hair then loosely plait them up again (one at a time). I then condition it in the same way - section by section, using a very wide toothed comb to comb the conditioner through - this is about the only time I comb my hair! I rarely brish it now. Hardly any breakage and thourough cleansing and conditioning.

I like to leae conditioner on for about an hour before rinsing and I mostly wear my hair in twists these days

As others have said, moisture, moisture, moisture! I'm sill experimenting with products but I like Aveda Brilliant pomade but it's expensive, and Organic Roots Stimulator's Carrot Oil.
smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
happylocks said:
I am nature 4 a/b texture I dont plan to perm, I would like to share some advice on taking care of all natural hair, Plz come and share,
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Happy locks,
I'm also a natural 4a/4b, I've currently begun building together a personal site which demonstrates my regime step-by-step, it also contains information on nutrition and hair products I use daily to maintain my hair. Here is the link I hope you find this useful.
grin.gif

http://www.geocities.com/deniselhaynes/naturallycoilyhair.index.htm

Thank you very much, I dont really see products without those ingredients. I need to eat healthy, But the water on my hair can make it smelly
confused.gif
, But I will try it, Thanks kit

I have stopped using heat as well, and brushing,
frown.gif
which use to be my favorite thing
blush.gif
oo:, I want to use heat to see the length of my hair now, I dont have a regime yet, I hope to develop one
grin.gif
, and vitamin as well, I cant take the pills you all are taking, I will stick to foods if I can, it is too diffucult and it is not like I dont want the length any more then you all do, but I dont think it is nesscary
look.gif
, Why for Us? and not for other ppl, Plus I would have to chew all those pills
blush.gif
I hope IN23 works for me, and I find the rigth shampoo and conditioner cause nothing has really made me happy, but homemade. one
ohwell.gif
, What are all the products you sister are using? care to share plz do
smile.gif
, Thank you I will list my old and new list as well as vitamins I am struggling to take
crazy.gif
, Tell me what you think and how I can improve Thank you bye KIT
rosebud.gif

Use to use:
BB- Oil Moisturizer/Hair lotion w/castor oil &amp; Aloe
911-Leave in Conditioner
Lotta Body-Original Formula
African Gold" Super Sure Gro"
AllWAYS-Instant Oil Moisturizer/LNConditioner
Tresseme-European Natural Shampoo

European Natural Conditioner

European Vitamin E Moisture Rich Shampoo

European Vitamin E Moisture Rich Conditioner

European Remoisturizing Conditioner
(Not all at once)

Dark &amp; Lovely- Dry Hair Healer

Vitamins Use to take:
System Essentials- Horsetail
PP-Mega Vita Gel
crazy.gif

Vitamins I take now,but not daily like I should:
Ppl Choice: C 500mg, Calcium 600mg + Vitamin D, Mulit vitamins, B-Complex
Centrum
Nature Made-Chromium Picolinate
GNC-Liquid MSM 500
Safi-Blood Purifier
crazy.gif

Products used now:
Daliy Defense- 2 + 1 shampoo and conditioner (Water Lily)4 All types of Hair

Daily Defense- conditioner (Light bloom)4 fine/oliy hair
IN23-Leave in Treatment(Original)
Black Orchid- Pomade
Softee- Indian hemp
Softee- Castor Oil and castor oil
Kala Kola- Hair tonic
Herbal castor hair oil
Afshan Henna
Amla Hair oil
Anmol Pure coconut oil
Olive Oil
Plus I do Eggs &amp; Olive Oil conditioning
smile.gif

That is the end of my list, I want to buy more products and liquid vitamins
grin.gif
. I have not noticed any differents really with my hair lenght yet.
I keep it in a scarf at night, Braid it, I dont brush any more, and that is it. I will share more when I have more ty

Tell me if any of this products are still worth using from any of my list,
ohwell.gif

Has anyone tried- T-TREE OIL I hear that it is very good, I will hopeful buy some this week
wink.gif

Happylocks, I was reading over how you wash your hair &amp; I used to do something like that until I got a removable shower head. I have really thick hair &amp; I just put that thing on full blast directly onto my scalp. It's much faster &amp; easier. You should try it.

Thanks Ipanema, but it is the fact that all the hair gets mix together and it is hard trying to comb and part it out, When my hair is wet is feels so easy to break, so I just put in sections, and the products if they are in my scalp and are not washed out, then they go to my hair, and get stuck in the unseen parts
look.gif
but I do want the shower head
grin.gif
Bye

i am not natural but the advice i can give is to take MSM, your hair will thicken, be considerable soft and nourished.

Thanks Pandora, My hair is already very thick, but I heard that it will give me type 3 hair
frown.gif
, I dont want that, I want to keep my texture,
grin.gif
, my hair is very thick ppl dont belive it tell they see it
shocked.gif
, then they dont want to braid it
laugh.gif
, Thanks any way any more advice? I just got T tree cream I applied it let it dry and Now I am having a good smelling bad hair day
frown.gif
. How are the rest of the naturals plz kit bye
drunk.gif

The main thing I learned since being natural...is to keep my hair MOISTURIZED! Water is my friend! Then seal it in!
I learned this the hard way....

Hello everyone, How do you use water on your hair? and how is it your best friend, plz share, I dont like my hair to get the left in water smell, so what do you do water the water and your hair?
smile.gif

Ok I have another problem
shocked.gif
, ok I braided my hair in cornrow, the other day my mom took the measuring tape and went from the from of my head to the back of the my head till the end of my braid, it was 14 inches
frown.gif
problem, I dont think that is right, my hair does not look 14 inches, then I did another one with my hair out, in a pony tail and measure going back, about 14 till the end
look.gif
, can someone plz tell me how to measure my hair lenght correctly
confused.gif
thank you ? I have tried to measure it one side till the ends and got 13, do you think that the hair in the back of my hair makes it seem long ?
ohwell.gif
plz help thank you
crazy.gif

weird.gif
...NICE!

I'm glad to hear that there are loads of people out there who have chosen to be natural! Its great. I feel that is a choice for a better and healthier mind-body-spirit.

Peace people!
laugh.gif

Hey 19 I got my liquid MSM from GNC, but you can get if from the health food store, they have a larger selection, but mine was $3.99 for 120ml or 4 fl oz. I am in texas as well
smile.gif
, GOOD LUCK, Can soon one plz answer my question, look above
look.gif

happylocks said:
Hello everyone, How do you use water on your hair? and how is it your best friend, plz share, I dont like my hair to get the left in water smell, so what do you do water the water and your hair?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you mean by a 'left in water smell'...
My hair always smell fresh and like what ever leave-in I used. When it dries it just smells like freshly shampooed hair...

Pandora said:
i am not natural but the advice i can give is to take MSM, your hair will thicken, be considerable soft and nourished.

[/ QUOTE ]

MSM
tongue.gif
??? -can someone please tell em what that is? are they tablets you take?

As far as being natural goes... I've become very cautious about the products I use. Natural by hair....why not try being natural with your products...and you gotta love those essential oils!!!
grin.gif

My natural care advise...
Oh yeah, get a GOOD shampoo with antibacterial properties (I use Tea Tree shampoo from THE BODY SHOP). Moisture scalp after washing hair with light oils like Almond oil. I've added 4 drops Rosemary, 4 drops Tea Tree and 3 drops Eucalyptus oil to my Almond oil (by Dark and Lovely natural) -thats it! Keep iut all simple.
smile.gif

I think I will press my hair today, not with a flat iron, but a comb, Can anyone tell me how I can do that so that I will not have a puff ball of hair, but nice and not frizz, plz I am doing the pressing today, it has been more then 7 months without heat, Do you think I should do it?
frown.gif
am I betraying my natural hair look, should I got through with it, Plz tell me, I have Parenvue hair T-Tree cream, coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Castor Oil,IN23, and Amla Oil tell me how to use them Thanks
frown.gif

I will use the Dog MANE TODAY, it has a strong smell, I will measure my hair, and go, only 3 days through
smile.gif
, till sunday then wash, I will also press to see my lenght
grin.gif

Back