Bumps on scalp! HELP

marla

I have small red bumps on my scalp, but only in the back. What could this be? They will crust over and become scaly at times. I have eczema on my skin at times, could this be it? Can someone please help me?

BCBGGirl

Welcome Marla,

Please go to the doctor and make sure to take your products or a list of the ingredients with you. You don't want to risk losing any hair because of the bumps.

Goodluck,
Bcbg

joyous

I recently had a reaction to a conditioner I was using that was very fragrant. Watch the products you use and see if any of them causes a reaction.

myco

That sounds like a form of psoriasis. My mom and sister were both diagnosed with that. They have different treatments for it. Sometimes they freeze the bumps off with nitrogen, or they give you topical solutions to apply to your hair.

I would definitely advise going to see a dermatologist to have it diagnosed.

DarkChild_2003

I was just reading another thread about SLS ingredients in our shampoos and conditioners which may be causing scalp and irritation problems for some ppl, try using more organic products for your hair if possible, it may help. But difinitley see a doctor first and foremost. I hope your scalp gets better.

natalie

I had that same problem about 2 years ago, and nothing I did seem to resolve the issue until I saw a dermatologist. Be careful though, many of them only offer topical iontments that don't work. Finally I found one that injected them with liquid cortizone that shrunk them. I had to go back a few times, but within a month or so they began to shrink and my hair grew back. The dermatologist believed they were Keloids from a dirty clipper. The funny thing was, it was almost a year since I had a short cut and they just developed out of no where and they seemed to only appear on the back of my head. Trust me, they will not go away on their own and they will hinder your growth. The good new is it can be treated

natalie

I had that same problem about 2 years ago, and nothing I did seem to resolve the issue until I saw a dermatologist. Be careful though, many of them only offer topical ointments that don't work. Finally I found one that injected them with liquid cortizone that shrunk them. I had to go back a few times, but within a month or so they began to shrink and my hair grew back. The dermatologist believed they were Keloids from a dirty clipper. The funny thing was, it was almost a year since I had a short cut and they just developed out of no where and they seemed to only appear on the back of my head. Trust me, they will not go away on their own and they will hinder your growth. The good new is it can be treated