Braids 101 - GET READY FOR SUMMER!!!

darlingdiva

Thanks for posting this thread. I always get braids in the summer, but I wasn't going to get them this year b/c I'm getting fed up with the people at the place that I go. I got braids in January for my trip to Trinidad and the braider kept making these small parts around my hairline after I told her not to numerous times.

There's a video on youtube where a woman gives a demonstration of how to do individuals and she does a good job, but I wasn't going to do it myself b/c I thought that it would be too much.

After reading this thread, I think I'll give it a try.

melodies815

Bumping. This is a great style for the growth phase in warmer months....thanks for starting this a while ago, Samantha!!! Great thread. I'm in braids/twists all year for a C&G Challenge (right now, I a under the dryer, working in my 1 mo "rest")

Thanks again for starting this...

cj

Lucky's Mom

Bumping. This is a great style for the growth phase in warmer months....thanks for starting this a while ago, Samantha!!! Great thread. I'm in braids/twists all year for a C&G Challenge (right now, I a under the dryer, working in my 1 mo "rest")

Thanks again for starting this...

cj

You are welcome!
I love your siggy................:yep:

RosesBlack

I am about to start my first set of yarn braids. I have been practicing and I am pretty sure I can do it. I'm rocking black and purple braids for summer. Thank you for this thread it's answered some lingering questions I had.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Is it healthy to leave the braids in for an extended amount of time (4mos+) even if you are redoing some of them every couple of week?

cltsassy

I just did my first set of yarn braids last weekend and they came out pretty good. The folks at work who wear braids were amazed. I never go to anyone to get my hair done. I always do it myself. After watching the YouTube video of the white lady doing yarn braids on her black daughter's hair, I figured I would give it a try. I believe I have my hairstyle for the summer. I will see how long this first set stays looking decent and that will determine how long I will leave them in before taking them down and redoing them. I will give my hair about a day's rest in between.:drunk:

keysha1983

I am braiding this summer. Need to give my hair a rest so that hopefully it will start growing. My goal is SL by August 1st.

lashannasmall

Can anyone do a twists 101? I am having trouble getting them to not unravel. Someone asked a question about this before and I tried twisting tighter but that didn't work. I am starting to think it was the cheap har I chose. It is not sticking together the why natural hair should.

Demi27

Is it healthy to leave the braids in for an extended amount of time (4mos+) even if you are redoing some of them every couple of week?

I've done this, but the longest I've left them in for was about 3 months.
I would wash my hair every week and then as braids became looser I would just take those out and rebraid them.
Sometimes I hate having to do my entire head over at once.