Biotin Conditioner from GNC

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Brand is Mills Creek Botanicals. Anyone have any experience with it? The ingredients sound good. Check 'em out:

Deionized Water, Biotin, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Keatin, Hydralyzed Collagen, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Oleamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Citric Acid, Corn Oil, Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-15, Peppermint Oil, Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Organic Essential Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Botanical Fragrance. On sale for $6.99 (reg. $7.99) for 16 oz.

Sounds like a really good protein conditioner. Plus, I love products with peppermint oil. I think I'm going to go back and get more.

chelleypie810

It looks good...and it's a good price esp. on vitacost but shipping I'm sure makes up the price. I might buy this when I run out of my other protein condish.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ah, yeah. shipping. girl, there's no GNC near you? In a mall or something? Huh? I'll let you know how I like it when I try it tomorrow.
I talked to hubby on my way home from GNC and was practically squealing with delight. He called me a hair geek. Whatever dude. :lick:

chelleypie810

I have a vitamin shoppe and I just checked out the website and they have it. I might have to make a stop tomorrow. I LLLUURRVVVEEE peppermint oil in my hair.

hair4romheaven

I used it but bought it back it wasn't as good as Jasons biotin. GNC use to sell the twin pack for $8. now they don't so I settled for MC. I regret not racking up on the twin packs of jasons. Jasons gave that tingling effect in the scalp and made my NG so soft.

yamilee21

Nature's Gate has a Biotin conditioner that we have been using recently; I like it a lot. It's $3.64 for 18 ounces from Vitacost.
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Biotin, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Panthenol, Cysteine, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Wheat Amino Acid, Soy Amino Acid, Arginine, Serine, Threonine, Arabica (coffee) Seed Extract, Viola Tricolor (wild pansey extract), Aloe Barbadensis (aloe vera leaf), Arabica (coffee seed extract), Chloride, Hydroxyethycellulose, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

I need to check the ingredients on the bottles I have, because I am certain it contains menthol; the smell is very strong.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I used it but bought it back it wasn't as good as Jasons biotin. GNC use to sell the twin pack for $8. now they don't so I settled for MC. I regret not racking up on the twin packs of jasons. Jasons gave that tingling effect in the scalp and made my NG so soft.

Hey, I use Jason's Thin to Thick Hair Biotin Conditioner (or something like that). I was hoping it would be better than that. Plus the bottle is pricey to be so small. Must be from where I'm buying it. Although I love the peppermint in that too. I love the tingly feeling so much that I bought peppermint oil and add it to most of my conditioners. :grin: I hope I like MC. We'll see tomorrow.

Nature's Gate has a Biotin conditioner that we have been using recently; I like it a lot. It's $3.64 for 18 ounces from Vitacost.

I need to check the ingredients on the bottles I have, because I am certain it contains menthol; the smell is very strong.

I wonder if the coffee bean extracts are giving it that strong smell. Is it bad or good. The smell, that is. I like the smelll of coffee. And $3.64 ain't bad! :yep:

Last edited:

hair4romheaven

Hey, I use Jason's Thin to Thick Hair Biotin Conditioner (or something like that). I was hoping it would be better than that. Plus the bottle is pricey to be so small. Must be from where I'm buying it. Although I love the peppermint in that too. I love the tingly feeling so much that I bought peppermint oil and add it to most of my conditioners. :grin: I hope I like MC. We'll see tomorrow.

Oh you use the blue bottle of jasons I tried that one and didn't like the consistancy it was kind of sticky :perplexed I use the jasons biotin in the white bottle blue label. I am on the prowl for a cheaper biotin poo & conditioner.
ETA: I may have to try natures gate. ;-)

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Oh you use the blue bottle of jasons I tried that one and didn't like the consistancy it was kind of sticky :perplexed I use the jasons biotin in the white bottle blue label. I am on the prowl for a cheaper biotin poo & conditioner.
ETA: I may have to try natures gate. ;-)

You know that PJ itch is contagious don't cha? Got me itching over here. :grin:

Ivonnovi

My relaxed hair loves the stuff. Loves it!

I might try it on my current SisterLocked hair. I know it's not recommended for new locs however, it does feel wonderful on my scalp, and I still have permed ends.....and I will for abut the next year

My Friend

IVONNOVI,

I agree with your siggy, 100%. If you start a Hair PJ Challenge, that 1 out of 3 products should be brought from a black owned business, I'm in.

Blacks, on avg spend <10% of their descretionary income in the community! We spend +$2.75 billion on hair care items with companys that don't "reflect" us. Here's a fix: find & patronize Black owned BSS. What's yours?

Ivonnovi

I think you're on to something!!!!!!! I'm at work right now but I'll put some effort into this!

Thanks for the idea!

IVONNOVI,

I agree with your siggy, 100%. If you start a Hair PJ Challenge, that 1 out of 3 products should be brought from a black owned business, I'm in.

Blacks, on avg spend <10% of their descretionary income in the community! We spend +$2.75 billion on hair care items with companys that don't "reflect" us. Here's a fix: find & patronize Black owned BSS. What's yours?

yamilee21

... I wonder if the coffee bean extracts are giving it that strong smell. Is it bad or good. The smell, that is. I like the smelll of coffee. And $3.64 ain't bad! :yep:

The smell is pleasant, but it doesn't smell anything like any coffee I ever came across. It smells like menthol, and it gives that tingly feeling that other menthol-containing products do, but menthol isn't listed as an ingredient. I don't think it is the coffee extract. Weird. But I do like the conditioner a lot; if you order from Vitacost anyway, it is worth getting.

loshed

Girl biotin poo and condit for less that $4. PJ itchies justified. :lachen: I must try.

If your city has a Big Lots you should check it out. The other day I found nature's gate biotin condish and Jojoba condish for 1.50 a piece at one. I used the biotin one yesterday and it was pretty good. I didn't detangle with it so I can't judge it's slip but it left my hair soft.

chelleypie810

If your city has a Big Lots you should check it out. The other day I found nature's gate biotin condish and Jojoba condish for 1.50 a piece at one. I used the biotin one yesterday and it was pretty good. I didn't detangle with it so I can't judge it's slip but it left my hair soft.

wow i saw these too. I have to go tomorrow. I saw them a couple wks ago. Hopefully they still have more.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ok, I'm going out to buy more of the MC Bioting Conditioner. My hair LOVES it! :love3: It's definitely a keeper. I'm going to mix it with NTM Recovery Deep Conditioner and try it with my steamer next. :reddancer: (<---love using this smilie. :grin:)

esi.adokowa

menthol is extracted from peppermint (and other mints).
peppermint oil is an ingredient in this product, and that's why the product smells like menthol :yep:

hope that helped.

I used it on a whim when I first went natural... Very nice product.. I bought it from TJ max really cheap! My hair seemed to be very strong, no shedding!

^^Hey Aisling^^
Are you on SL? :look:
sl?
If you are talking legnth I'm a little pass collar bone on the sides and about 2.5 inches from apl in the back... but I only used the conditioner until the bottle was empty .. I personally think Biotin is just a really good ingrediant and I prefer natural products.