Best Blow Dryer??????

I tried out my FHI Heat Nano Pro 2000 over the weekend for the first time and I'm in love! :blush: I've never done such a smooth blow out. I used the same products as I did with my Conair Ceramic Blow Dryer (Motions Heat Protectant) but the FHI gave me smoothness and shine I don't get with the Conair. I got the FHI when folica.com had it's 25% off holiday sale.

I absolutely love the Infiniti by Conair BC173. Its a cheaper one but it always leave my hair smooth, it even has an adjuster for the thickness of your hair. I've been using mine for two years no problem
31oJ2%2BMFcaL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I was given this Jilbere hair dryer today, has anyone tried it? I planned on buying the T3 or the fhi but this is already here and free and my big sis gave me the curling iron that came with it....(I will probably re-gift that) ANYWAY has anyone used it? Is it tolerable? It has the big 3 ceramic, ionic, tourmaline, I think she bought it a sally's.
41YB92sjVbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the conair yellowbird during black friday.

Pros
-the comb attachment is sturdy and glided through my hair effortlessly
-durable
-dries hair fast

Cons
-my hair didn't get as straight as other blow dryers I have used
-the blow dryer is like from the 80's-it has along barrel, is kinda clunky, etc. so was harder to maneuver.

I'm not big on returning things but my hair felt thick and poofy afterwards so I gave it back to Amazon.

I then was looking into buying Solia (on Folica's top 10 list) but realized the barrel was angled and I probably couldn't use a comb attachment with it. )I have no technique when it comes to blow drying my hair so I rely on a comb attachment.)

I ultimately bought a Babyliss blowdryer based on good customer reviews on Folica. It definitely gets my hair straighter but I still haven't found an amazing blow dryer.

Last edited:
try the Jilbere Porcelain Series link I posted above. If you don't love it. Sally takes it back :) you'll just need to get a good nozzle which I have the willie morris (I hope that is right it is listed as $18 on folica but they are out of stock) :)

Good Luck

I was given this Jilbere hair dryer today, has anyone tried it? I planned on buying the T3 or the fhi but this is already here and free and my big sis gave me the curling iron that came with it....(I will probably re-gift that) ANYWAY has anyone used it? Is it tolerable? It has the big 3 ceramic, ionic, tourmaline, I think she bought it a sally's.
41YB92sjVbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have this one and I like it. I deecided to blowdry both daughter's hair for the first time ever and thye have a lot of hair - one has tailbone lenght 3a and the other had really thick WL 3B like a lion.

Any how I was able to blow dry each one in about 45 minutes to an hour and I am really bad at it.

It cost about $55 and came with a free matching ceramic tourmaline flat iron so I thought it was a great deal!!!

Last edited:
Subbing this thread.

I as well am looking for a good blowdryer. I would like to do a blow out a la Rudy Huxtable effect if it's possible, lol, and I was wondering what blowdryer would work on my natural hair (4b if it matters).

I still don't have my blowdryer so I am going to have to get one myself so I am still debating I clicked on the link lovelylocs posted earlier and those babyliss are back in stock for $33. I've just been reading reviews so I am going to have to review that one as well.

Alot of people complain of the YB going out on them. Even though warranty is $6 I want a nice blow dryer if I am going to spend my money lol. Besides the YB is off sale tomorrow atleast in my area and it goes back up to $40 so I will keep looking.

ETA-hehehe sorry it IS OUT OF STOCK, but it does have free shipping.

Last edited:
Well, I must say that I am loving my new FHI 2000 blow dryer. I'm scared to say that it is the best dryer that I've ever used. Thanks Outspokenwallflower!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Jilbere de Paris - Ceramic Tools - Jilbere Porcelain Series Hair Dryer

I LOVE This blow dryer and I ordered a 20 dollar nozzle from Folica and it works like a charm, and beyond, I BOUGHT 2 just to make sure If this breaks I have a back up :yep:

I was ready to lay down $200 or more for a good dryer, used my sister in laws FHI and her CHI Rocket (something like that) I was blown that it didn't do as well as a job as this one has!

I was all set to purchase the Twin Turbo but I think I'll try this one first. Thanks

Cricket Friction Free 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer - this is the dryer that I use and it dries really fast and it gets my hair pretty straight. I purchased it at Sally's and it comes with a nozzel and comb attachment.
The Cricket Friction Free 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer a Professional Thermal Ceramic Dryer engineered with a self-heating ceramic heater that emits ultra far infrared rays for super fast drying time. Also built into the dryer is ionic tourmaline that adds shine and eliminates frizz. The ergonomically placed control buttons are easy to use and increase comfort when styling. Lightweight at only 13.7 oz. the Cricket Friction Free 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer incorporates a power yet light weight long life DC motor.

Cricket Friction Free 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer - this is the dryer that I use and it dries really fast and it gets my hair pretty straight. I purchased it at Sally's and it comes with a nozzel and comb attachment.
The Cricket Friction Free 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer a Professional Thermal Ceramic Dryer engineered with a self-heating ceramic heater that emits ultra far infrared rays for super fast drying time. Also built into the dryer is ionic tourmaline that adds shine and eliminates frizz. The ergonomically placed control buttons are easy to use and increase comfort when styling. Lightweight at only 13.7 oz. the Cricket Friction Free 1875W Ceramic Hair Dryer incorporates a power yet light weight long life DC motor.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm curious to know what dryer you used before this and how does it compare. And are you natural or relaxed?

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm curious to know what dryer you used before this and how does it compare. And are you natural or relaxed?

Prior to this I used the Gold & Hot (with comb attachment) for several years. I was relaxed then. I am currently transitioning. The Gold & Hot is no comparison; this dyer blows it out of the water.

:bump:

Any suggestions for a light weight ceramic blow dryer?

i love my elchim 3900 light. its really light but packs a punch. i also like the way the air comes out of the dryer.it gives me more control and dries faster than with a regular blowdryer. it was expensive but i bought it at a hair show for a discounted price and it also came with a lifetime warranty

Back