Baggie Challenge ***Update Month 3***

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hi Ladies!! :wave:

We are now in month three of the baggie challenge. How are thoses ends doing??

I took a one week break from the baggie and my ends look great. I had to wear my hair down for a few days my husband was looking at me sideways.

I am back and going strong!! How is everyone doing?? It's time to check in.:)

Alli77
Angelazette*
Ar010*
Atlien
BabyCurls*
BabyGurl
Ballet Bun**
BellyDancer*
BlackHair**
Blkmaryland*
Boadicea
Brickhouse*
CaramelDiva**
CdFrank
Champagne Wishes**
Chicamorena**
Chichi
ChocoKitty
Cinnabuns
Cutebajangirl*
DelightfulFlame*
DigitalRain
Dolapo
Dontspeakdefeat***
EssentialGrowth
Ebony*
Faith**
Falon
Fletgee**
FlowerHair
Getmoore***
Good2uuuu*
Hottopic*
Ithomas1***
Jellynote**
Jewell*
Kombov Dymond
Laina7777*
LadyR
LadyZ**
Leontyneb*
Leslie C
Lucia*
Luv04*
Lovelymissyoli*
Melodee
MermaidHair
MizAvlon***
Mkstar826
Movennesha***
MrsLee
MzJones***
NappyNikki
NewYorkgyrl***
Nyambura***
Nymphe*
Nyrican*
Paladin
Portia**
Poohbear*
PradaLover**
PrettyBrownEyes
Puddles***
Rachel
Saddity1
Satrina
Sengschick*
Sharee*
Shawnee66*
SherryLove*
Shinka
Simplycee***
Softresses*
SoutherGirl
Sugaplum*
Tai*
Tamika*
Tryn2growmyhair*
UNLVgirl
Val1212*
Valerie*
Vintagecoilylocks*
WildChild453

Last edited:
DSD, do you do baggie at home or is it mostly for when you are out of the house.

Also, are you still airdrying? And if so, do you airdry loose or are you airdrying in rollers? You hair is really growing very well, I'd love your advice on these things.

tryn2growmyhair said:
DSD, do you do baggie at home or is it mostly for when you are out of the house.

Also, are you still airdrying? And if so, do you airdry loose or are you airdrying in rollers? You hair is really growing very well, I'd love your advice on these things.
Thanks!!:D

I wear it just about all day even when I am out and about. Sometimes I leave it on for a few days until I am ready to wash again!!

I still airdry. I usually do it in a ponytail or bun.

Doing it e-v-e-r-y single day (can you imagine) !! and loving it.
I use ors carrot oil instead of vaseline.. this thing is expensive so I decided to switch to something else but no it is not working and my ends started acting up!!!! so back to carrot oil in no time. :)

Still doing this at night, EVERY night. I do it sometimes during the day especially when its snowing out like right now. My ends look great.

I dont use a bun because I am afraid of breakage. How are you guys covering up? What if I wear a scarf on my head -- does that take the place of the baggie or it is nec. to wear the baggie? What if I just bun it without the baggie? I am worried about breakage with a baggie because of the wearing of a ponytail at all times. Thanks in advance for your responses.

I would like to join this challenge. I also wear wigs on the weekend (if this is ok). Than You. :)

i've been fairly consistent with this and i have noticed much less shedding and breakage. I'm committed to continuing and hopefully i'll achieve my goal of shoulder length by June. My ends are pretty moisturized and soft a few rough ones here and there but i'm working on them.

[size=+1]Still going strong. My ends are doing well. I haven't used any heat yet...but I will soon. I'm ready for change.[/size]

Softresses said:
Hi Everybody! I am doing the baggie method too as well as the Supergrowout Challenge, I think I have hit brastrap but am too "scurred" to measure. The baggie method is helping to keep my ends very healthy.

Softresses

That's great to hear that you have hit brastrap with healthy ends. Congrats!

tryn2growmyhair said:
I dont use a bun because I am afraid of breakage. How are you guys covering up? What if I wear a scarf on my head -- does that take the place of the baggie or it is nec. to wear the baggie? What if I just bun it without the baggie? I am worried about breakage with a baggie because of the wearing of a ponytail at all times. Thanks in advance for your responses.
I use bun covers mainly. I need to put pics of my styles in my album. If you don't wear the ponytail in the same place all the time you shouldn't have to worry about break. I switch from high to low to med on a regular basis.

I am just so elated to hear that so many of you are doing well with this. I am also glad that using this technique is helping you get to your goals. Ladies keep up the good work. You are doing a fine job!!

Everything is going well with the baggie method! I've tried vaseline on my ends and it works great! I'm missing my oils though especially EVO! But I must admit vaseline is a great substitute!

I would like to join in on the baggie method! I need to stay out of my hair...I have a habit of combing and brushing when its down. Please explain (I think its just tucking your ends away in a bun, right? Where can I find bun covers...I would love to try 'em.

Hey DSD :wave:

Your progress is great! I can't believe how much growth you've retained over the past 12 months. :) My baggie challenge seems to be going ok (uneventful, which is a good thing). With all this new growth (I haven't relaxed since before Thanksgiving), my hair is looking a little uneven and I'll be able to tell better after I get a touchup. Otherwise, it's moisturize, seal, and baggie daily.

I wish I could do a baggie for my whole head, lol, b/c the sparse parts of my scalp -which, *of course*, are right up front, where bangs would be- seem to be filling in reaaaally sloooooowly [sigh].:ohwell: I thought pregnancy would boost my growth rate but I haven't seen it in that area. It's heartbreaking to have all the rest of my hair growing well except for the most conspicuous area. :cry3: I'm suspicious of the no-lye applications I received last year b/c I've never had this issue when using lye relaxers. I think I might seek out a dermatologist.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread DSD with such an OT comment, it's just been a 6-month source of frustration for me. Sorry this post was so long!

dontspeakdefeat said:
I use bun covers mainly. I need to put pics of my styles in my album. If you don't wear the ponytail in the same place all the time you shouldn't have to worry about break. I switch from high to low to med on a regular basis.
Thanks for the tip. Please post pics, I love your album and all the explanations. You are always so generous with your advice :kiss: .

I am still hanging in there with the baggie method. I wear it everyday except for the weekend. That is the time I wear my hair out.

HI everyone, I still keep my hair covered 24/7 with the baggie. After i condition wash i put some s-curl in my hair and put in into a bun. Of-course i cover the baggie with a phony phony. I have recently began to leave conditioners in my bag. So far so good this is my fifth month post relaxer and post trim.

Things are going well for me and my ends look GREAT! This has definitely become more than just a challenge for me, it will be a way of life. I plan on continuing this long after the challenge.

DSD, thanks for always checking up on all of us and keeping us motivated! :kiss:

I am still baggying it. 5 months now. My ends are good...it seems they split everytime I use heat though even though it's on the lowest temperature....so NO MORE HEAT FOR ME. I'm going to start roller setting it. Anywho, I dusted a tiny tiny bit last month and I won't dust again until May. My hair is about 2" from my waist and looking thicker.

Last edited:
getmoore said:
Everything is going well with the baggie method! I've tried vaseline on my ends and it works great! I'm missing my oils though especially EVO! But I must admit vaseline is a great substitute!
I use the vaseline while bagging and my ends love it....and it's cheap too!

Jewell said:
I would like to join in on the baggie method! I need to stay out of my hair...I have a habit of combing and brushing when its down. Please explain (I think its just tucking your ends away in a bun, right? Where can I find bun covers...I would love to try 'em.
We would love to have you!! :yep:

Too much combing and brushing can cause premature shedding. So its best to try not to manipulate the hair too much!

I have an example of how I do the baggie method in my album. I place my hair in a ponytail and coat the ponytail with moisturizers and finally vaseline. I place the entire ponytail into a plastic sandwich bag and secure with a scrunchie. I cover that up with a black stocking and then a bun cover. It's that simple.

I buy my bun covers from Claire's they have the best selection.

MizAvalon said:
Things are going well for me and my ends look GREAT! This has definitely become more than just a challenge for me, it will be a way of life. I plan on continuing this long after the challenge.

DSD, thanks for always checking up on all of us and keeping us motivated! :kiss:

You are too sweet :kiss:

A way of life huh!! That's great. Good Luck to you and HHG!:)

Faith said:
I am still baggying it. 5 months now. My ends are good...it seems they split everytime I use heat though even though it's on the lowest temperature....so NO MORE HEAT FOR ME. I'm going to start roller setting it. Anywho, I dusted a tiny tiny bit last month and I won't dust again until May. My hair is about 2" from my waist and looking thicker.

Almost to waist huh!! :yep:THAT'S WONDERFUL! :yep: I love to hear sucess stories!! Keep up the good work!

To everyone....I am so happy that things are going well. If we keep doing well on this challenge there are going to be a lot of ladies swinging their longer locks come summer time!! HHG to all!

Back