Baggie Challenge ***Update Month 1***

I can't believe how great this method is!!! I can honestly say that I'll be doing this for as long as I can. Why on earth is'nt this one of those things that is carried down from generation to generation!! I KNOW I will reach my goal with my ends look'n the way they are now! The only problem I've had so far is matching my phoneytail to my real hair color! I always thought my hair was a certain color,but it's not. Other than that,THE BAGGIE METHOD IS A KEEPER!!!!

So far so good. I just got a touch-up yesterday and my ends look GREAT! I actually have some growth. I can't wait to post some pictures.

Although I am not in the baggie challenge here goes .I have been doing this for 2 months now my end are great. After I CW my hair after the gym I; surge, castor oil the new growth, spray on s-curl, put into a pony tail, cover with a baggie, cover baggie with pony tail and I am good to go. I have recently switch from the long and heavy ponytail to a really light one that I make into a bun. The heavy one was hurting my scalp.

I love the baggie method my ends have never looked better, and I can see the change one side of my hair has always been shorter than the other. Finally now the right side is catching up, I wear my baggie 24/7 only take it off on my 3rd day washing and put it right back on!!!!

I was wearing lots of ponytails so it was easy for me to do the challenge. Now it's cold and I haven't mastered using the baggie with a bun. So I've been wearing the baggie around the house. My ends feel great.

I am glad that every is doing well!

For the ladies who had to drop off the challenge, that is fine. You have to do what is best for your tressess. Good Luck to you!

Now, down to business. Out of the 72 wonderful heads of hair that belong to this challenge only 30 of you checked in. I would love to hear your reports. If you have none just come in and say hi!!

If you decided to drop of the challenge come in and say that too!!

I wanna know how you are doing!!

Don't make me have to send out reminder pm's to all that are missing...you know I will!! :grin:

Last edited:
Oops...I didn't see this. I'm checking in.:wave: My ends are doing well as expected. They're soft, no splits, and still blunt. I've retained 1/2" since last month. I will retouch in Feb.

Pix will soon be posted. I have to finish the roll. I don't have a digital. :nono:

Puddles said:
Oops...I didn't see this. I'm checking in.:wave: My ends are doing well as expected. They're soft, no splits, and still blunt. I've retained 1/2" since last month. I will retouch in Feb.

Pix will soon be posted. I have to finish the roll. I don't have a digital. :nono:

I am glad you are doing well!! :) Can't wait to see the pics!!

The Baggie Challenge has made a big difference in my ends. They are much softer and I have less splits. And as we know this time of year is notorious for dry hair and split ends!

So, I' m doing pretty good and will continue with the Challenge.

mzcaramelicious07 said:
What is the baggie method? (Sorry...I'm new! :)

Welcome!! :wave:

The baggie method is an awesome way to keep your ends submerged in moisture to help keep your ends from splitting therefore retaining length.

What you do is, put your hair in a ponytail and apply your favorite oils and or moisturizers to your ponytail. You then apply a plastic bag(I use the plastic sandwich kind)over the entire ponytail and secure the bag. You can cover the baggie with some type of phony bun or tail. HTH

I have illustrations of the baggie method in my album if you want to take a look.

HI DSD...checking in. Havne't been around much.

I've been doing it since Sept. 22nd I believe and my ends are great. I dusted my ends Nov 21st and almost 3 months later I hardly have any splits and the hairs that are split the split is even less than 1/8th of an inch...just a small nick at the ends. I love it. :)

Well I'll check in even though I didn't formally join :grin:

I have been doing the baggie method for a week and I am experiencing less breakage.

It's been kinda crazy becasue of the damage I'm trying to deal with. I figured out the mystery of the bun so it's gonna be ok from now on. Now I just need to figure out a way to keep it extra moist b/c for some reason at the end of the day my hair is really dry. dryer than it's ever been

I've been getting better with The Baggie these past weeks. I cover it up with a ponytail, but I can barely fit it in. I'm thinking about using a scarf as a head band and wrapping the rest around the bun.

At night, when I take the baggie off, my ends feel like silk!

Hey, I'm missing from the list. Anyway here goes, I am still doing the baggie method and so far so good. Not losing alot of hair and still using my favorite mixture of oils. I do not plan on relaxing for six full months and will continues the baggie method until it is time to do my touch up. I am currently 10 weeks post relaxer.

I'm checking in but I have not even started yet so I need a :spank:. I went to Italy twice in December and January I was too vain to wear my hair in a bun :lol: I will start the challenge next weekend after I have a deep condition at the hairdressers. I have made my own phony bun in preperation.

Well Ive dropped off this challenge, I think I wil use the Baggie for when I feel my ends need it. I use my baggie when its cold out also, but in NC we've been in the 50's and 60's so the weather hasnt been much of a problem.

lthomas1 said:
Hey, I'm missing from the list. Anyway here goes, I am still doing the baggie method and so far so good. Not losing alot of hair and still using my favorite mixture of oils. I do not plan on relaxing for six full months and will continues the baggie method until it is time to do my touch up. I am currently 10 weeks post relaxer.
Your on the list. I think you overlooked yourself. lol The list is kind of long.

Good Luck!!

As always my ends are completely moisturized and looking good and my nape area is really starting to grow in due to the surging ang glovers

Back