Ayureveda What have you Seen?

Hot40

I plan to start Ayureveda in two weeks.
I get my next relaxer next week.
I want to get a (small trim) and a new start.

I thought I should start to use Ayureveda after my next retouch
I want to be able to document any changes.
Because my hair color is sooo light ( dont want it to get darker)
Will use
Shikakai oil
Parachute Oil
Brahmi Powder (make tea for a rinse)

I want to now what type of differenced you have seen after using an Ayureveda system? Hair Growth? Hair Color? Hair strentgh & Luster?

Tho my hair is natural, I've used Veda for 10+ years. Yes, I've noticed shine, darkening, and growth but I don't keep measures. In short, it works for me.

I would read Candy C's fotki and posts on Ayurveda. I've made many notes in my fotki, you can view them in the journals section that I've taken from her. I'ts been working well for me. I noticed you said that you were going to use Brahmi powder. Candy suggests that you don't use it alone, but rather you use 1 moisturizing powder and 1 cleansing powder. You will see them in my notes section for a more detailed description. My experience with Ayurveda was really bad at first because I didn't know what I was doing. Candy's notes have helped me tremendously and my experience has been great this time around. I highly suggest you check her out. Her links are also in my fotki. Good luck!

ETA: As far as results, my hair is getting very strong, shedding almost non-existent (I'm also using garlic capsules), and it's quite healthy.

i just started using vatika oil on my scalp. this weekent i will prepoo with it. i also use cocasta oil from hairveda.com.

I've only just starting using them, but my hair feels so strong after each wash. I just use a simple rinse of Amla and Shikakai, with a drop of Sapote oil. I'll probably add some Brahmi to that mix too. By the time I've deep conditioned and dryed my hair, my lengths feel so silky. It is a fantastic treatment!

Back