Atlanta NuBe to Group

Return2Naptural

Peace:

I want to first thank my dear sweet "little" :lachen: cousin Divinefavor for getting me hooked up with this group. She sent me this link over 3 weeks ago and it wasnt' until yesterday that I took a look around.

It is such a blessing to find other womyn out there who are walking through this journey.

A little about me.

31y/o
MO 2 suns (12 and 8)
Nurse (for 7 years)
2nd Time Transitioning (backslid in April 2004) after 2 1/2 years of naptural

I have been going back and forth with locing my hair, but I think my reason was cause I wanted to have a badge of honor sort to speak. I felt like that would be the only way for me to share with people that I am naptural. I was one who bought into the myth that naptural hair meant no growth. I have been inspired here and believe it is possible and naptural for us to have hair down our backs without the chemicals (just like Sampson).

Goal:

I am believing in my dream to have a Naptural Health and Wellness Spa. I am trying to determine the rite journey for me (ie, cosmetology or massage or both). I would like to be dedicated to assisting others in their journey to wellness. If anyone knows of apprenticeships in Atlanta (w/ naptural hair stylist), please share. I think my training in Nursing and my interest in Naptural Health has been an excellent start. I am always mixing up some sort of concoction and am known for giving my 2 cents..LOL.

Well, it was nice meeting you all. I am going to have to purchase a digital camera this weekend to journal this journey.

I will share as much as I have learned as well.

Peace

divinefavor

What's up cuz!!!! Welcome to the board!!! Love you!

I have to figure out how to download pictures from my digi camera so that I can post my pics too. I lost the software paper. I downloaded the software but do know how to get my pictures from the camera to the screen.! :lachen:

balisi

Hey Girl! Welcome to the group! I'm in Atlanta also, and on my way to pursuing a career in beauty/wellness. I'm a fifth time around natural sista, this time for good. Nice to have you here! :wave: