Are you in the HOME STRETCH for APL?!?! (March EXPECTATIONS?)...

ChocolateSoda

I needz a whoopin! :hammer:

I had some social stuff come up and I blow dried my hair bone strait and partied and had a good old time and was away from home for a bit & didn't have my silk bonnet - UGH! I didn't do not one thing to my hair for like 3 days. :nono:

Y'all when fun starts popping off I start slipping! No breakage or anything, but my hair is a little dry so I will DC and pamper tonite... but I'm on punishment!!

How do y'all stay on track????

(CONGRATS AGGIE!!! You are an inspiration!)

Aggie

I had some social stuff come up and I blow dried my hair bone strait and partied and had a good old time and was away from home for a bit & didn't have my silk bonnet - UGH! I didn't do not one thing to my hair for like 3 days. :nono:

Y'all when fun starts popping off I start slipping! No breakage or anything, but my hair is a little dry so I will DC and pamper tonite... but I'm on punishment!!

Thank you Chocolatesoda.

almondjoi85

I try to just try different things. Like recently I did a two strand twist out and I loved the way it came out. Plus it was a way to have low manipulation for a few days. I just twist the into four big twists at night and cover with a scarf to maintain the look, its loosened up a bit but I still like it. Plus it hides new growth wonderfully!

Just because you are growing your hair doesn't mean that you can't experiment and look pretty! :grin:

Attachments

• TWO STRAND TWIST OUT 1 copysmall.jpg
    TWO STRAND TWIST OUT 1 copysmall.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 18

ChocolateSoda

When you do your 2 strand twists, do you air dry or sit under the dryer?

I really want to try that twist out but my hair is fine (strands), I'm skerred it's gonna look whack.

Jazzy413

I might have to try the twists...My bunning is getting old.:ohwell: I don't want to manipulate too much and want to stay away from too much heat. Anyone else have any low maintenance styles they been doing???:yep::yep:

Okay Nicole, I know I was supposed to wait until at least February 15th to post my progress pic but I was so excited when I took these pics today and found out that I'm there. I'm at APL :woohoo:. BSL, hair I come:roadrunner:, CHARGE :charge: FULL SPEED AHEAD.

Just check out my siggy and also my fotki for more pics at:- http://public.fotki.com/LadyAggie/my-hair-growth-prog/progress-pics-from-/

I will be back of course to honor my commitment to put up a last and final progress pic on March 30th, 2008. I will be due for a tiny trim/dusting at that time so I know I will need the extra length until then to take off so that I don't feel like I missed my hair afterwards. I'll have to use one of Boot Camp passes if I trim.

I think I deserve to give myself a celebratory gift for my hard work and persistent dedication to love on my hair. Anyways, I'm off to a superbowl party right now. Talk to you girls after the party.

Hey Aggie! Your hair looks fabulous. Awesome growth :yep:. It looks really full.

WE ALL need a break from our self imposed hair rules :yep:

I bet your hair looked wonderfully!!!

Did you do a length check?...LOL

I try to just try different things. Like recently I did a two strand twist out and I loved the way it came out. Plus it was a way to have low manipulation for a few days. I just twist the into four big twists at night and cover with a scarf to maintain the look, its loosened up a bit but I still like it. Plus it hides new growth wonderfully!

Just because you are growing your hair doesn't mean that you can't experiment and look pretty! :grin:

I LOVE your hair almond, it looks really pretty!

ChocolateSoda

WE ALL need a break from our self imposed hair rules :yep:

I bet your hair looked wonderfully!!!

Did you do a length check?...LOL

Yeah you're right. I had been couped up for a while! hehe I must admit after over 9 months of pampering & protective styling, my straight doo was bummpin'.

(I now have a little thing of castor/olive oil in my purse. :lachen:So at least if I break loose again, I'll be prepared)

And I could really see the length after the blow out. I'm about an inch or two from APL, I think. It's weird 'cause in the front I'm about 1/2 inch from APL, but in the back it looks like I have further to go. :wallbash:

youwillrise

i know i'm not supposed to update until march 30th
but i'm re-twisting my hair and i dont plan on taking
these out for a good while

so, i'll post my update now.

i took this picture early this morning
here i've straightened my hair a bit
but it's not all the way straight
and eventhough i'm pulling it
you can probably tell that
there's still a little bit more length
that is unseen.

my hair is probably a little bit longer than this
but i dont think i quite made APL completely.

i wish i could tell better
or that i could have gotten my hair straighter
to show more length

whattttteeeevs.

i'll still be keeping up with this challenge!!!

BEST WISHES LADIEEEEES!

<3