Are you in the HOME STRETCH for APL?!?! (March EXPECTATIONS?)...

Count me in!!:grin:

Six Quetions

1. So tell us how excited you
are (Will this be your longest length)?
Yes, I’m super excited because I’m very close to APL
& yes this will be my longest ever.
Also, this is my first ever challenge.

2. Are you expecting to reach
APL in March?
Yes, hopefully.

3. Are you fighting any major hair
battles right now (For example Breakage or Shedding)?
I’m recovering from a major bout with shedding,
but the worst is over.

4. Are you thinking about getting
a trim and concerned that it will
prevent you from hitting your first goal?
I trimmed my own hair right before my last perm this month.
I do not plan on getting a trim.

5. Is your hair in it's best condition ever?
If so, what product, technique and/or vit
do you attribute this to?
Yes, my hair is in the best shape ever and I contribute this to
Co-washing & oil rinses. I believe these two techniques helped
me battle dryness which is the culprit that breaks my hair.
I do not take vitamins (I tried Biotin for 3 days and got bumps on my
bottom ew!) Oh and my trusted satin pillow case!

6. Photo?
Certainly.

Hey ChocolateSoda! Welcome to the challenge!!!

So what did you do to overcome you shedding? Did you let it just sort've phase out? Or did you use Garlic poo/cond or perhaps vits?

I must tell you I had the same hideous response from biotin, but I took my dose...WAY down, also I started taking my biotin every other day instead of daily. No pimples yet!

3 spots left!!!

***After the initial list has been created, I will pm everyone on the list***

I will include specific check-in instructions (basically telling everyone when to come back to this thread and update :yep:)

jwhitley6

are (Will this be your longest lentgh)? I'm thrilled! This the longest my hair has been. I can't wait to get to APL and then trim some slight layers in the crown.

APL in March? Yes, I think March is my month!

battles right now (For example Breakage or Shedding)? This length is a bit awkward...I've had some knots from wearing my hair natural, but I don't want to press it too much...plus I'm trying to work out again and washing more often = manipulation.

prevent you from hitting your first goal? No trimming until after I reach my goal.

do you attribute this to? I wouldn't say best condition ever...I don't like my ends and I have some heat damage. I'm used to blunt cuts right at my shoulders.

6. Yes, I will post my reveal pic in March! :yep:

Jazzy413

are (Will this be your longest lentgh)? I am psyched! This will be the longest my hair has been most of my adult life!!!

APL in March? I think March may be my month....I am much closer than I actually realized!!!

battles right now (For example Breakage or Shedding)? I have had some breakage from trying to bun a lot but it is coming under control with my Ayurveda regimen. Styles are somewhat awkward right now because I am trying to retain length -those buns get old!

prevent you from hitting your first goal? I have contemplated it, but have really been babying my ends lately so I think I will wait until after I hit my goal.

do you attribute this to? Not really THE BEST condition ever -- my hair was much healthier and had more length as a young child before I got a hold of it! I can say that I have retained some thickness and grown my edges back in over the last few months due to low manipulation, stretching my relaxer, different oils and butters that I have used.

6. Yes, I will post my reveal pic in March!

ChocolateSoda

Hey ChocolateSoda! Welcome to the challenge!!!

So what did you do to overcome you shedding? Did you let it just sort've phase out? Or did you use Garlic poo/cond or perhaps vits?

I must tell you I had the same hideous response from biotin, but I took my dose...WAY down, also I started taking my biotin every other day instead of daily. No pimples yet!

Apretadora, a dominican product stopped my shedding cold. It worked after the first application! So now I use it as my DC. It's horrible bright green & makes your fingers green for a while, but the stuff works. I also use a garlic shampoo (Alopecil) also Dominican. These two things have kept my shedding at bay. I will tell the world! I get mine from ebay or you can get it & read reviews @ roundbrushhair.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alopecil-Apreta...hZ019QQcategoryZ11853QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

And as for the Biotin, I was only taking 1 per day for about 4 days & BOOM bumps everywhere. I already have touchy, blemish prone skin so I quit. I don't remember the dosage though, got them at Walmart. I'm still researching on what vitamins I want to take, but decided to drink a lot of Vitamin water for now. Don't know if it's good for hair or not.

SouthernTease

Six Quetions

are (Will this be your longest lentgh)?

It will be my longest length as an adult.
I am super excited!!! AHHH!!!

APL in March?

I hope so... I was supposed to get there by January...
I'm pretty dang close... but not yet.

Keeping the flat iron away!
I should know better.

NO NO NO trims for me.
NOT ANYTIME SOON... I DON'T NEED ONE.

I think so... I just attribute it to consciousness...
NOT USING RELAXERS
DEEP CONDITIONING TWICE A WEEK
ONLY USING HEAT once every 3 months at the beginning
of my hair journey.
CO-WASHING DAILY at the beginning of challenge.
LOW MANIPULATION.

6. I WILL REVEAL MY PROGRESS APRIL 15th since I have a schedule...
I only reveal on the 15th every 3 months. I gives me discipline.

Last edited:
are (Will this be your longest lentgh)? I'm thrilled! This the longest my hair has been. I can't wait to get to APL and then trim some slight layers in the crown.

APL in March? Yes, I think March is my month!

battles right now (For example Breakage or Shedding)? This length is a bit awkward...I've had some knots from wearing my hair natural, but I don't want to press it too much...plus I'm trying to work out again and washing more often = manipulation.

prevent you from hitting your first goal? No trimming until after I reach my goal.

do you attribute this to? I wouldn't say best condition ever...I don't like my ends and I have some heat damage. I'm used to blunt cuts right at my shoulders.

6. Yes, I will post my reveal pic in March! :yep:

Hey jwhitley6! Welcome to the challenge!

are (Will this be your longest lentgh)? I am psyched! This will be the longest my hair has been most of my adult life!!!

APL in March? I think March may be my month....I am much closer than I actually realized!!!

battles right now (For example Breakage or Shedding)? I have had some breakage from trying to bun a lot but it is coming under control with my Ayurveda regimen. Styles are somewhat awkward right now because I am trying to retain length -those buns get old!

prevent you from hitting your first goal? I have contemplated it, but have really been babying my ends lately so I think I will wait until after I hit my goal.

do you attribute this to? Not really THE BEST condition ever -- my hair was much healthier and had more length as a young child before I got a hold of it! I can say that I have retained some thickness and grown my edges back in over the last few months due to low manipulation, stretching my relaxer, different oils and butters that I have used.

6. Yes, I will post my reveal pic in March!
Welcome to the challenge Jazzy413!

Six Quetions

It will be my longest length as an adult.
I am super excited!!! AHHH!!!

APL in March?

I hope so... I was supposed to get there by January...
I'm pretty dang close... but not yet.

Keeping the flat iron away!
I should know better.

NO NO NO trims for me.
NOT ANYTIME SOON... I DON'T NEED ONE.

I think so... I just attribute it to consciousness...
NOT USING RELAXERS
DEEP CONDITIONING TWICE A WEEK
ONLY USING HEAT once every 3 months at the beginning
of my hair journey.
CO-WASHING DAILY at the beginning of challenge.
LOW MANIPULATION.

6. I WILL REVEAL MY PROGRESS APRIL 15th since I have a schedule...
I only reveal on the 15th every 3 months. I gives me discipline.

Good Luck with that Southern! I am sure you will make it this time :yep:

Apretadora, a dominican product stopped my shedding cold. It worked after the first application! So now I use it as my DC. It's horrible bright green & makes your fingers green for a while, but the stuff works. I also use a garlic shampoo (Alopecil) also Dominican. These two things have kept my shedding at bay. I will tell the world! I get mine from ebay or you can get it & read reviews @ roundbrushhair.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alopecil-Apreta...hZ019QQcategoryZ11853QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

And as for the Biotin, I was only taking 1 per day for about 4 days & BOOM bumps everywhere. I already have touchy, blemish prone skin so I quit. I don't remember the dosage though, got them at Walmart. I'm still researching on what vitamins I want to take, but decided to drink a lot of Vitamin water for now. Don't know if it's good for hair or not.

Good advice!

The msm and garlic conditioner comber is working for me right now :yep:

phyl73

To the bolded. I have NEVER had problems with my skin, but I noticed that once I started taking Biotin 2,500 twice a day, I would get these small, tiny, white bumps on my skin. I stopped taking them and it cleared up. I started again this week and what do you know? Bumps!:perplexed I think I will try taking it again, but only taking it one time instead of two. We'll see if it works.:look:

ChocolateSoda

Nicole, how are you using the MSM?

Phyl, I heard that using B-50 complex taken with Bioten doesn't 'cause bumps. I haven't picked up any yet. I did a search and read a few posts, but I'm really hoping to use just 1 multi for hair & skin. I'm considering these:

http://www.exoticallure.com/ :rolleyes:

Valerie

Well Let's Support each other in the last few months! :yep:

Six Quetions

Very excited

APL in March?

I hope so

Not at the moment

I trimmed my hair on 11th January 2008

I am trying to get it into good condition. By using Ayruvedic products

SO Here's the plan:

I have been using Ayruvedic every week and I have been taking pictures of my hair, before and after.

The first 25 to sign up will be kept and closely monitored!

The only requirement is that
you agree to give a reveal photo
before the last day of March
regardless of wether you make it or not :yep:

I agree to the requirement

6. If you can agree to this your answer
should be yes for number 6!

Yes!

Well Let's Support each other in the last few months! :yep:

Six Quetions

Very excited

APL in March?

I hope so

Not at the moment

I trimmed my hair on 11th January 2008

I am trying to get it into good condition. By using Ayruvedic products

SO Here's the plan:

I have been using Ayruvedic every week and I have been taking pictures of my hair, before and after.

The first 25 to sign up will be kept and closely monitored!

The only requirement is that
you agree to give a reveal photo
before the last day of March
regardless of wether you make it or not :yep:

I agree to the requirement

6. If you can agree to this your answer
should be yes for number 6!

Yes!

Hey Valerie! Welcome to the challenge

You are our last gal :yep:

I thought that I would be one of the participants?.....I answered yes to number 6.

Hey Neish! Sorry about the confusion. I only saw 5 questions for you. So I wrote you back and awaited clarification.

I will add you in as me :yep: , and I will send you a pm to catch you up!

Neish222

Hi Ladies,
Unfortunately, I will definately not be making APL by March. I went today to get my hair trimmed to have a good start for the challenge and ended up with a major cut. A 2 inch major cut. I am very disappointed with myself all my progress and ugly protective styles and my stylist. I will have pic in my album of the before and after trim this weekend. If you look at my hair in the pics I only needed a dusting. I am basically back to where I started from this time last year which is really depressing. All progress is gone. Definately dont trim until after you have went a little past your goal. I wish you all the luck for making APL.

Hi Ladies,
Unfortunately, I will definately not be making APL by March. I went today to get my hair trimmed to have a good start for the challenge and ended up with a major cut. A 2 inch major cut. I am very disappointed with myself all my progress and ugly protective styles and my stylist. I will have pic in my album of the before and after trim this weekend. If you look at my hair in the pics I only needed a dusting. I am basically back to where I started from this time last year which is really depressing. All progress is gone. Definately dont trim until after you have went a little past your goal. I wish you all the luck for making APL.

I am so sorry :nono:

That really sucks. But on the bright side, I am sure you are without split ends :grin:.

Neish222

Thanks ladies,
Yea, I thought about it and my ends do look very healthy and thicker than they were before. I also had some splits which were getting caught on other hairs which made my hair feel kinda ugly when straighten. I'll make it to APL I am too determined just wont be in March, lol. Hopefully, I'll be there by the end of July or August.

Aggie

Okay Nicole, I know I was supposed to wait until at least February 15th to post my progress pic but I was so excited when I took these pics today and found out that I'm there. I'm at APL :woohoo:. BSL, hair I come:roadrunner:, CHARGE :charge: FULL SPEED AHEAD.

Just check out my siggy and also my fotki for more pics at:- http://public.fotki.com/LadyAggie/my-hair-growth-prog/progress-pics-from-/

I will be back of course to honor my commitment to put up a last and final progress pic on March 30th, 2008. I will be due for a tiny trim/dusting at that time so I know I will need the extra length until then to take off so that I don't feel like I missed my hair afterwards. I'll have to use one of Boot Camp passes if I trim.

I think I deserve to give myself a celebratory gift for my hard work and persistent dedication to love on my hair. Anyways, I'm off to a superbowl party right now. Talk to you girls after the party.

Last edited:

Hair Iam

Okay Nicole, I know I was supposed to wait until at least February 15th to post my progress pic but I was so excited when I took these pics today and found out that I'm there. I'm at APL :woohoo:. BSL, hair I come:roadrunner:, CHARGE :charge: FULL SPEED AHEAD.

Just check out my siggy and also my fotki for more pics at:- http://public.fotki.com/LadyAggie/my-hair-growth-prog/progress-pics-from-/

I will be back of course to honor my commitment to put up a last and final progress pic on March 30th, 2008. I will be due for a tiny trim/dusting at that time so I know I will need the extra length until then to take off so that I don't feel like I missed my hair afterwards. I'll have to use one of Boot Camp passes if I trim.

I think I deserve to give myself a celebratory gift for my hard work and persistent dedication to love on my hair. Anyways, I'm off to a superbowl party right now. Talk to you girls after the party.

CONGRATULATIONS:band: >>>YEP YOUR APL :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Aggie

CONGRATULATIONS:band: >>>YEP YOUR APL :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Thanks a million Hair I Am.

I left the superbowl party just before it was over but I had a really good time screamin' and hollerin'. I don't think I have a sexy voice right now, not until tomorrow anyway:grin:.