APL Check-in time

Aggie

Hi all APL challengers,

As you know I've already reached the APL mark. I even got a trim 3 days ago and I am still at APL. It's in my siggy where I am. I already put an update pic in there. I just got my hair braided today and will not be able to update on March 31, 2008 but I will be cheering everyone on to the finish line. I am in a relaxer stretching challenge for 6 months now hence the braids to help me get there and I have 3 additional months to go to complete that one. However, I will try stretching for 4 additional months for it.

Ladies, let's start checking in now. Are you there yet or do you feel that you need more time to get there? Whether you do or you don't, please let the group know okay? We're here to support each other in this special effort.

CHALLENGERS WHO HAVE CHECKED-IN SO FAR:
(I am aware that some of you made it to the finishing and some haven't but keep going and with perserverance, you will make it.)

Aggie
Christa438
cicilypayne
classi123
Gemini
Galadriel
Jazzy413
jwhitley6
kandegirl
kweenameena
motherx2esq
mwedzi
Queen V
runrunrunner
song of serenity
Songbirdb
stinastina
tiffers
tinkat

Now ladies, while this challenge ends March 31st, this does not mean that one of you who wish for the challenge to continue for the remainder of the year shouldn't go ahead and start another thread or simply do your updates in ths original thread . Now if you do decide to start another thread Just remember to date it, ie, APL CHALLENGE - April 2008 thru December 2008. This would help eliminate any confusiona about which APL challenge is still active. I will be moving on to the BSL challenge as I am already at APL - see my siggy after hair trim on March 13th. Thanks ladies for your understanding and BTW, we will still be updating on the 31st of March.

Last edited:

youwillrise

well,
i've posted my most recent picture in every challenge thread i'm in
on every hair board i'm a member of haha
so i wont post it again.

but things are going well

i've been wearing nothing but twists since late november
and i think it's helped tremendously.

motherx2esq

I'm not there yet and I do think I need A LOT more time! I think maybe by the end of May I will be there! But I will still reveal on March 31 just to see! lol

Aggie

well,
i've posted my most recent picture in every challenge thread i'm in
on every hair board i'm a member of haha
so i wont post it again.

but things are going well

i've been wearing nothing but twists since late november
and i think it's helped tremendously.

Hey runrunrunner, we can't see your last updated pic, can you upload it so we can see it please honey?

song_of_serenity

Hiding my hair till April Fools(siggy is from December), but I got a touch up last week and haven't made it yet...:(
I think I will by May. I'm close. :yep:
~*Janelle~*

Songbirdb

I'll have to post sometime later this week. I haven't been talking progress pics lately because I'm working full time now and pretty much keep the same hairstyle for a week. So I'll post as soon as I wash my hair later in the week. I'm excited because it's been so long.... also, It'll be a wet photo because I'm in bootcamp and 6 month stretch challenge.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm pretty sure I joined this challenge.....

I'm not APL yet, I'm almost there, just about 3 cm to go.... So close, but yet so far :ohwell:

And I'm about to get a very much needed trim, so I'll have to wait even longer to get there now **sigh**

tinkat

I already know that it is going to be towards the end of the year until I reach my goal.

Queen V

I'm probably not going to be there for a while, but I'm continuing to persevere; I'll have an update around March 31/April 1.

Aggie

I'm pretty sure I joined this challenge.....

I'm not APL yet, I'm almost there, just about 3 cm to go.... So close, but yet so far :ohwell:

And I'm about to get a very much needed trim, so I'll have to wait even longer to get there now **sigh**

It's alright Tiffers, the whole idea was to try and get there. I believe we all did our best and that's all that matters. Still let the group know where your progress is at the end of March so that we can still support each other in this endeavour, okay? We may continue the challenge for a while longer.

Aggie

I'm probably not going to be there for a while, but I'm continuing to persevere; I'll have an update around March 31/April 1.

That's what I like to hear Queen V. That's what this special effort was all about in the first place - perserverance.

Aggie

I'll have to post sometime later this week. I haven't been talking progress pics lately because I'm working full time now and pretty much keep the same hairstyle for a week. So I'll post as soon as I wash my hair later in the week. I'm excited because it's been so long.... also, It'll be a wet photo because I'm in bootcamp and 6 month stretch challenge.

I'm in both of these challenges as well. Thanks for checking in.

youwillrise

Hey runrunrunner, we can't see your last updated pic, can you upload it so we can see it please honey?

my picture is the same picture i posted in the other APL thread (the "it's finally happening APL in 08" one)

i just didnt post it here because i've posted it everywhere already.

Galadriel

Hi ladies!

I'm dropping out...I'm not going to make it :perplexed. I got like a 2-inch trim a few days ago. My ends are healthier and thicker though. I'm looking at May/June now. Congrats to the ladies who made it, and I'm rooting for the rest of you :yep:.

Aggie

my picture is the same picture i posted in the other APL thread (the "it's finally happening APL in 08" one)

i just didnt post it here because i've posted it everywhere already.

I know honey, but when a pic is taken down on the forum, it is removed from all the threads on the entire board. In other words, we can go back and check it but it will not be there because it's not here. Do you have a fotki link to put in your siggy? That might be helpful as well.

I'm sorry love, but because there are so many pics on the board I really don't remember what your progress pic looked like.

Last edited:

Christa438

Need more time. I hope to be APL by the Summer or end of. As my hair grows I sometimes feel like Im losing my mind because of shrinkage--one month it seems to be inching towards my goal then the next couple of months it seems to be inching away from it. I'll be able to see what I have to work with after I do my next length check in April after my relaxer.

Jazzy413

Is this the official thread that Nicole1976 started? If so, I'll be back to post in both that I have seen. Aggie are you taking over for Nicole1976 -- I just seem to remember her starting this off and sending the official pms with our check-ins. Just wondering......

Anyway, I will be back to check in with progress pics -- at work now and dont have any new pics uploaded to my laptop yet. See ya later!!

kweenameena

I won't be at APL until later this year. I think I'm about 3 inches or less from APL. My most recent length check pics would be the ones where I got my hair straightened. They are in my fotki. I wish I could make it by July when DH comes back.

stinastina

I went to the dominican salon last week so here's my update pic:

I'm closer, but I won't make it in two weeks. Maybe May ? I have to start taking my vitamins again. I think that's the reason my progress is so slow. :ohwell:

cicilypayne

I can't remember if I joined the challenge or not but I should have. It would be an absolute thrill if I reached APL this year or any other year for that matter:grin: The pic in my siggy is my latest update when I took my sew in out at the salon march 6,2008