A No Trimming Challenge Anyone?

Should I Add Names To First Page Or Not?

• Yes

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Aggie

Do I need to go ahead and imput the names of members... Or how about we just know who we are and leave it that... We're serious... We mark our siggys and post our pics.:grin::grin::grin:

I think people should be accountable to the commitments they make and post but adding the names to the front page tend to make it official....ya know? Also, sometimes people forget which challenges they join (how? I don't know) and when they peep in and see their names on that front page, it kinda reminds them.

Last edited:

*Michelle*

Oh boy, I NEED this, cuz I LOVE to trim/cut and have the latest flyest style!

I just cut 4 inches last weekend so count me in! Will post pix in the next few days!

1Aleeesha

I think people should be accountable to the commitments they make and post but adding the names to the front page tend to make it official....ya know? Also, sometimes people forge which challenges they join (how? I don't know) and when they peep in and see their names on that front page, it kinda reminds them.

I understand...Hmm, well we are all adults here... They will know they fell off the challenge.

Oh boy, I NEED this, cuz I LOVE to trim/cut and have the latest flyest style!

I just cut 4 inches last weekend so count me in! Will post pix in the next few days!

Tell me about it... I cut 4 inches this year for nothing... A trim here, a trim there... Trim...Trim...Trim. I need to be on this challenge for a lifetime:lachen:

ETA: For a hairstyle, at least you have an excuse! lol

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Stupid question...I want to join but some of my ends are kinda frizzy. Could I survive w/o a trim? Or should I get a trim beforehand?

1Aleeesha

Stupid question...I want to join but some of my ends are kinda frizzy. Could I survive w/o a trim? Or should I get a trim beforehand?

You have two options;

1). You could go ahead and trim if you want to start "fresh"... If they are split, I don't blame you for going ahead and trimming...But if they aren't split and you are scissor happy, ahem...Leave them alone...Frizzy doesn't always mean split could mean dry which brings me to option #2.

2). You could just leave them alone...Moisturize them often, deep condition and just protective style... In the end of the challenge look at your growth, pat yourself on the back, give yourself a trim or dust... And continue on your healthy hair journey in peace.

All in all...It's up to you.:grin:

Aggie

I know I just joined ladies but I'm sorry, I have to drop out now. Good luck to all of you in reaching your goals. I will continue to hold off trimming but I will be doing my own personal no trim challenge for a while:yep:.

netnet26

I will not be joing this challenge, because I already do this...I will be trimming at the end of summer though..but ONLY for shape and maintenence...I have not trimmed in over two years now( last trim Mar of 2007)..and I find that it works in my favor!! As long as you take care of them they can maintain and survive!!:yep: I am proof that you do not need to trim in order for your hair to look good, survive or like some would say will eventually start to break all the way up your hair shaft!!

HGH ladies and put down those scissors( if you can :grin:)

1Aleeesha

Okay... Names have been added since it's the correct way to do a challenge.
:grin::grin::grin:

If I left anything else out let me know... This is my first time starting one of these so it's a little messy - forgive me :spinning:.

Good Luck everyone!

1Aleeesha

So I did a search and didn't destroy and seen just a couple splits... Sheesh I'm so glad my shears are broken because you know what, I would have whipped them out.

I was in Sally's today and all the beautiful shears were just calling my name... I really do have a problem in this department... I didn't buy any though.:rolleyes:

There's my update.

How about you ladies?

Nayna

Unbothered
I straightened my hair yesterday and I was sitting in class and saw a split, I almost bit it off but I resisted. I bought brand new silver scissors before this challenge and they are looking at me like "So you're really serious about this?" Lol, it helps though, my hair is growing since my trim in March. I'm going to try and post my pic it isn't a great one but you get the idea, I took it last week and hopefully it shows, anywho, best of luck ladies!

Attachments

• 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 11

cutenss

Add me please. Am I correct that one of the rules are, not heat? Or just mininmal or once a month? I am not clear on that part, but please add me. YEAH my second challenge! :bounce:

Last edited:

1Aleeesha

Add me please. Am I correct that one of the rules are, not heat? Or just mininmal or once a month? I am not clear on that part, but please add me. YEAH my second challenge! :bouncy:

Fresh trim as of April 5, 2009

I added you:grin: I don't recall one of the rules being no heat... I can't stick to that for nothing lol. Your trim looks fabulous!

simcha

Okay, I have finally taken a picture and figured out (kind of) how to upload it so I'm definitely in.

I didn't realize how much I had cut off in the back. I'm DEFINITELY in.

Hi ladies, I'll help with this challenge----Well no rules....just NO trimming, stick to your regular regimens.....Protective styling or hang loose is fine too.....Do everything normal, just don't cut......I just threw my shears away......this challenge will start MAY 1st and end on NOV 1st(six months I think).....I haven't cut since Aug 08...I'm trying to go two years and see where I will be at and then I'll probably get a trim.......yall can update half way and see if there is a difference from the time u started until the midpoint of six months.........just giving you ladies an idea.......don't want to confuse anyone.....HTH....

sunnieb

When I joined this challenge, I thought it would be a breeze! I was wrong! I went to the salon last week and my stylist said it was time for a trim. Not because of splits or damage, just to "even things out". I almost said yes. I've always liked even hair that's freshly trimmed. Guess I'll have to get over that!

1Aleeesha

When I joined this challenge, I thought it would be a breeze! I was wrong! I went to the salon last week and my stylist said it was time for a trim. Not because of splits or damage, just to "even things out". I almost said yes. I've always liked even hair that's freshly trimmed. Guess I'll have to get over that!

I UNDERSTAND! :grin: Glad you didn't though good job!:up::up:

lacreolegurl

hi ladies. Just checking in. Recently took my sew-in out. Only lasted 2 weeks. Back to the daily wash and go. Last night, I washed and then braided the front of my hair using Cantu leave-in, and put the back in a bun. I hoping it'll last a few days so the itch to do something i really dont want to do, like cut or perm, will pass.

1Aleeesha

hi ladies. Just checking in. Recently took my sew-in out. Only lasted 2 weeks. Back to the daily wash and go. Last night, I washed and then braided the front of my hair using Cantu leave-in, and put the back in a bun. I hoping it'll last a few days so the itch to do something i really dont want to do, like cut or perm, will pass.

Hey... You can do it, hang in there... With the daily wash n go's your ends will be in fabulous shape:grin: Which is what you want.:yep:

1Aleeesha

I've been deep conditioning up a storm on those days... Moisturizing and oiling like crazy... All looks well and I'm still flat ironing once a week.

Last night before my husband was about to stroke my hair I was like "um, just so you know...I just got a little heavy handed with the oil :lachen::lachen::lachen:... " He said well you keep it looking good though... :grin:

I do know I'm doing good :grin::grin::grin: I told him about the No Trimming challenge when I thought of it, he was like good idea... Cause he was beginning to think I wanted to be bald, that's how scissor happy I am :giggle:

cutenss

I must be honest. I kinda fell off the wagon. I have my hair in a banded ponytail. I was looking at the ends, MISTAKE ONE.:badidea: I panicked. I cut. It was about 5-10 split ends on the last 1/2 inch of my ponytail. Whew. I feel better. I didn't want to lie.:imsorry: This is exactly why I got into this challenge. I want BSL/MBL so bad. I felt like those splits were laughing at me. Trying to defeat me and my goal of beautiful hair. :heated: Am I in trouble?

Last edited:

Aviah

I've been deep conditioning up a storm on those days... Moisturizing and oiling like crazy... All looks well and I'm still flat ironing once a week.

Last night before my husband was about to stroke my hair I was like "um, just so you know...I just got a little heavy handed with the oil :lachen::lachen::lachen:... " He said well you keep it looking good though... :grin:

I do know I'm doing good :grin::grin::grin: I told him about the No Trimming challenge when I thought of it, he was like good idea... Cause he was beginning to think I wanted to be bald, that's how scissor happy I am :giggle:

:spinning::drunk::perplexed:lachen:
I saw this and was like huh? I thought you were on the no heat challenge with us. Then I checked and realized you never said you were joining, but were there to give moral support:blush:

As for my starting length, that's in my avatar... I'll be back
*Runs to fix thread*

1Aleeesha

I must be honest. I kinda fell off the wagon. I have my hair in a banded ponytail. I was looking at the ends, MISTAKE ONE.:badidea: I panicked. I cut. It was about 5-10 split ends on the last 1/2 inch of my ponytail. Whew. I feel better. I didn't want to lie.:imsorry: This is exactly why I got into this challenge. I want BSL/MBL so bad. I felt like those splits were laughing at me. Trying to defeat me and my goal of beautiful hair. :heated: Am I in trouble?

Aww it's okay just don't do it again... Control yourself you can do it! Tell someone to hold your precious shears and not to give them back to you no matter how much you ask...beg...tell...Until the end of the challenge.

:spinning::drunk::perplexed:lachen:
I saw this and was like huh? I thought you were on the no heat challenge with us. Then I checked and realized you never said you were joining, but were there to give moral support:blush:

As for my starting length, that's in my avatar... I'll be back
*Runs to fix thread*

Right right LOL.

prospurr4

I have to fall out of this challenge.

I texlaxed yesterday and trimmed off 1" today. It was badly needed. Now, my ends look much better and feel WONDERFUL!

I wish ya'll much success!