Addicted to frequent trimming (no trimming challenge)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
How are you ladies holding up? Fortunately for me I have my sew in so can't trim yay! I may have my sis in law redo it for a wedding I'm attending maybe. It's still look good though so might not. I think the idea of a fresh install is what's making me want to redo it.

Lilmama1011

I'm doing fine, I'm not thinking about those scissors! I'm trying to get to bsl ASAP. I want my next update length pic to be even more progress. I'm glad I don't use heat because that's what I think contributes to my steady progress and not me having hair that looks like it's going down hill in certain pics. I can honestly say, it's getting better each pic

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
My ends are looking bad as well but i will trim December 31st for a fresh start to the new year. Since we moved back into my mom's house after she passed I cannot find my split ender. We moved all of our stuff completely in June i think and i dk what happened to it!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I did my last dusting for the year on Monday. I realized I can't go more than a month or two without a dust bc these splits get me every time. I'm going to make an attempt to just go 2 months thsn dust. I'm need to up my M&S game as I dont do it but once a week on wash days if that.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Ok for real. I need an intervention. I want to cut my ends soooo bad right now. Straight hair is something else. Whenever my hair is straight I want to cut. I feel like I need to trim the ends to counteract the heat I just used on them.

Here's what they look like on Christmas night.

Am I crazy? Do I need to dust?

Attachments

• image-2779139579.jpg
    image-2779139579.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 31

Lilmama1011

Ok for real. I need an intervention. I want to cut my ends soooo bad right now. Straight hair is something else. Whenever my hair is straight I want to cut. I feel like I need to trim the ends to counteract the heat I just used on them.

havilland no! Your ends look good

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Yes....you're crazy lol. Your ends actually look pretty good so put the scissors away ma'am.

havilland

My ends are looking bad as well but i will trim December 31st for a fresh start to the new year. Since we moved back into my mom's house after she passed I cannot find my split ender. We moved all of our stuff completely in June i think and i dk what happened to it!

(((Hugs))) I am so sorry for your loss. :(

havilland

havilland no! Your ends look good

This is what I am gonna do from now on...I'm coming here with pics and asking y'all if I should trim. Cus I don't trust myself ...I will trust y'all.

My plan is to not trim again until June. I want to get six months of retention.

I am using heat three more times between now and then.

Jan 9 I have a hair show. Valentines day since it's winter I feel the need to flat iron a few times and enjoy the non humid air. And Mother's Day. Last flat iron before summer and the humidity kicks in ...unless it's humid by Mother's Day. If it is then I won't flat iron again until October or November. I may even weave it up to hide it for awhile so I can keep away from these darn scissors. Ugh!!!

havilland

I dusted one section of my hair. 1/8 of an inch. I decided i'm taking my scissors to my office and locking them up there. I have issues .... :(

Last edited:

havilland

Yeah girl, you addicted!

Hand raised. I have issues :)

I had no idea.....I used to never cut my hair....but since 2011 transitioning without big chopping I spent 2 years and some odd months clipping at my hair. I developed a habit. Argh!! Clipping at those ends has become part of my "healthy hair care routine". I HAVE to break this habit.

I took the scissors to work today. They are expensive professional shears. I won't cut my hair with anything else. So hopefully my strands are safe.