A No Trimming Challenge Anyone?

Should I Add Names To First Page Or Not?

• Yes

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

1Aleeesha

I just thought about this... I have a "trimming problem" and I need help lol. Am I the only one?? So how about a "NO TRIMMING Challenge"

Poll Added... Is it necessary to add names to the first page of the challenge or no?

Rules copied and pasted courtesy of another member:

start which would be May, and do a six month challenge to start, the main rule should be no trimming for six months, and the ladies can update with pics monthly, or they can post their beginning pics and they can post the six month pics.....the ladies can still dc, shampoo, conditioner wash, etc whatever they do daily or weekly, but direct heat might have to cease for six months, and after the six months the ladies can see what kind of shape their ends are in, and they can decide if they want to trim or not, it would be better to do a year, but six months would be better starting off......

Members Below:
Pixel Lady
Aviah
Platinum
Simcha
TheQueenBeeMaya
Kblc06
SlantedEyezMiss2003
Kellum
Moniquenuss
prospurr4
Sunnieb
Charmtreese
CocoSlim83
Mini mimi
Lacreogurl
SouthernStunner
babs19
CHECKMATE!
Pixel Lady
1Aleeesha
cutenss
Tinkerbell19
Bosslady1
Carmencan
FineWine83

Last edited:

simcha

I'm actually on a self-imposed no trim challenge. Part of the challenge is to keep my ends healthy, so I won't need a trim. I'm shooting for six months since my ends get a little ragged around four months. And if they look okay by then, then I'm going for a year.

Should we shoot for six months?

1Aleeesha

I'm actually on a self-imposed no trim challenge. Part of the challenge is to keep my ends healthy, so I won't need a trim. I'm shooting for six months since my ends get a little ragged around four months. And if they look okay by then, then I'm going for a year.

Should we shoot for six months?

Interesting... I want to join.:look:

I wanna join, but for how long?

I was really unsure about for how long...After thinking it over, how about in syncing this challenge with any other challenges that end Dec 31,2009 at 11:59pm? I'm also in the WL in 2009 challenge so that would work for me... Yeah that's about 7.5 months.

What say you ladies?

I'm down...well to start a challenge, basically pick a month to start which would be May, and do a six month challenge to start, the main rule should be no trimming for six months, and the ladies can update with pics monthly, or they can post their beginning pics and they can post the six month pics.....the ladies can still dc, shampoo, conditioner wash, etc whatever they do daily or weekly, but direct heat might have to cease for six months, and after the six months the ladies can see what kind of shape their ends are in, and they can decide if they want to trim or not, it would be better to do a year, but six months would be better starting off......

1Aleeesha

I'm down...well to start a challenge, basically pick a month to start which would be May, and do a six month challenge to start, the main rule should be no trimming for six months, and the ladies can update with pics monthly, or they can post their beginning pics and they can post the six month pics.....the ladies can still dc, shampoo, conditioner wash, etc whatever they do daily or weekly, but direct heat might have to cease for six months, and after the six months the ladies can see what kind of shape their ends are in, and they can decide if they want to trim or not, it would be better to do a year, but six months would be better starting off......

Okay great! Thanks.

Yes! What she said ladies!!!!!! Only the bolded ahem...applies to me lol. For me the heat stays! :lachen: Mark your siggy and your calendars! :grin::yep:

1Aleeesha

Okay ladies... Here is my starting pic... I have already given myself haircuts 3x's this year...Craziness cause I don't know why I did it. I've been measured I'm 4.5 inches from my goal my goal of 09.

Attachments

• Hair 023.jpg
    Hair 023.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 15

1Aleeesha

I was trying to find a good pic of when I was wl... I never really mastered the skill of taking my own pics but anyway... I'd like to see WL again at the end of this challenge...

Okay GL everyone... Let's stay in touch on this!:grin:

Attachments

• leng-vi.jpg
    leng-vi.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 21

Moniquenuss

I should join. Its getting warm and Im getting scissor happy! I want nice blunt ends and bangs for the spring..... and maybe some highlights! But I got to hang tough because in about 3 months Im not gonna want any of that

ETA: Oh yeah I wanna join and the pic in my avi will be my start!

1Aleeesha

I should join. Its getting warm and Im getting scissor happy! I want nice blunt ends and bangs for the spring..... and maybe some highlights! But I got to hang tough because in about 3 months Im not gonna want any of that

ETA: Oh yeah I wanna join and the pic in my avi will be my start!

Yeah you really can't see where you can take this thang if you are scissor happy... Trust me, I know :lachen:.

Kellum

Count me in. I've had 3 trims since Dec. 08. My last trim was 4/16. My starting pic is in my siggy.

sunnieb

Wow, this came along at the right time! :yep: I'm getting a retouch next week and I was thinking of maybe getting a trim. I haven't had a trim since December 2008 and it just feels weird to have gone this long. All of last year, I trimmed/dusted every 8 weeks like clockwork. No particular reason, I just heard this is what should be done for healthy looking hair. This may work to my advantage, because it allowed me to slowly get rid of my damaged ends and still get a little bit of length. Luckily I found this board in February so I didn't have too much time to damage my ends again. I didn't moisturize them and I wore my hair out every day. Maybe that's why they were so dry???? :rolleyes: Anyway, I've been bunning faithfully and moisturing 2x a day (sealing with oil only at night). I think I can last until the end of the year with some support.

Aggie

I would like to join this challenge really badly but my ends are a hot mess in my opinion and I'm transitioning to texlaxed hair. This means that I will have to trim it at least once every 4-6 months to get rid of the straight hair. If I can join for just 6 months, then that would be cool...I can do 6 months, especially since I have already gone 3 months without a trim so far. I was planning on trimming in September so that would give me another 5 months I suppose, not 6:look:.

Aggie

Okay great! Thanks.

Yes! What she said ladies!!!!!! Only the bolded ahem...applies to me lol. For me the heat stays! :lachen: Mark your siggy and your calendars! :grin::yep:

Aleesha, you should put the details of the challenge in the first post for new challengers, okay?

Last edited:

lacreolegurl

please count me in too. i got a sew-in done last week because the urge to commit some foolishness was too strong....
*off to update my siggy*

1Aleeesha

Do I need to go ahead and imput the names of members... Or how about we just know who we are and leave it that... We're serious... We mark our siggys and post our pics.:grin::grin::grin:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am in for this. I just got a dusting in March and before that it was Sept. My stylist said my ends were in good shape. I am in braids doing the C&G challenge so my ends are protected. I am going to commit to Dec '09.

1Aleeesha

See what I mean? That's why I'm glad my shears are BROKEN. They are deadly, I impulsively pull this ish every time... I would have acted on impulse and snipped... I'm air drying and going to flat iron tomorrow... That's why I said I'm not buying anymore... I don't buy on impulse but I will snip all whimsically...:spinning::spinning: