6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

Kellum

^^^ It is yummy. I love the tea spritzes too. When I take down my braids my hair always feels soft, and strong from using them.

Ozma

It's dc day, even though I'm home sick.
Using Sitrinillah, Vatika oil and Mane 'n Tail cond.

Kellum

OMG, I went to use my tea/spritz and the oil was congealed. I totally forgot about that when I put in the refrigerator. The first spritzes I made didn't have oil in them so I could just put them in the fridge. I had to heat it a little in the microwave. I won't be storing it in the refrigerator anymore. It has SAA in it which has a preservative as well as Rosemary oil. I believe it will be fine left out.

Melissa-jane

My husband told me that my hair smells of curry! Trying to stick to my challenge ladies but I don't want to smell bad, any tips for getting rid of the smell, I have added EO's anything else I can do?

cherepikr

OMG, I went to use my tea/spritz and the oil was congealed. I totally forgot about that when I put in the refrigerator. The first spritzes I made didn't have oil in them so I could just put them in the fridge. I had to heat it a little in the microwave. I won't be storing it in the refrigerator anymore. It has SAA in it which has a preservative as well as Rosemary oil. I believe it will be fine left out.

I never have stored mine in the fridge, and I have never had a problem.

Aspire

My husband told me that my hair smells of curry! Trying to stick to my challenge ladies but I don't want to smell bad, any tips for getting rid of the smell, I have added EO's anything else I can do?

I found that if I use a thick conditioner with my powders the scent is reduced. Either that, or DH and I have gotten used to it. :rolleyes:

Aggie

DO you use fenugreek powder? It smells like curry. I had the same problem when I used to wear it in my hair spritzes. I just stopped making the spritzes with fenugreek in them. I only use it in my wash-out teas/rinses/pastes and henna treatments now.

Melissa-jane

DO you use fenugreek powder? It smells like curry. I had the same problem when I used to wear it in my hair spritzes. I just stopped making the spritzes with fenugreek in them. I only use it in my wash-out teas/rinses/pastes and henna treatments now.

Yes I did, I know it has slip but I did not love it, and the smell:lachen:, thank you I will try it without.

Imoan

Did Karishma Henna w/honey,green-T,egg, left it on for 45min, co wash w/coconut suave, deep condish w/AHSR,honey,hibiscus,fenu for 30min rinsed and twist w/avocado butter and coconut oil....

Galadriel

Hi ladies,

I've just been co-washing w/ Ayurvedic conditioners and using coconut oil. I want to do more, but I've been sick for 2 wks :sad:
Once I bounce back I'll be babying my hair the Ayurvedic way :grin:

Kellum

I still doing my weekly regimen of: oiling hair/scalp with EVCO and Vatika oil. Making my mix of 2 tsp:Amla, Fenugreek, Hibiscus, Brahmi, and 1 tsp: Maka, Shikakai. I left it on my hair for about 30 mins with a plastic cap, rinsed and co-washed, DC'd, etc..

Since wigging it again I spritz my braids daily and seal.

Melissa-jane

I have experimented with ayurvedic tea rinses, my favorite so far is shikakai and tulsi about 1/2 tbsp of each and a tbsp honey, leave to steep in a liter of water overnight. I then pre oil my hair with coconut oil mixed with mahabringaraj oil or vatika oil. Then in the morning I put a pair of tights over my head and pour the mixture over my twists. This hydrates and maintains my style, I have sealed in the moisture with whipped shea butter which is mixed with coconut oil, vit b5 and honey moisturiser (similar to veg glycerin).

morehairplease

Checking in ladies....I have now started to wash/dc my hair once a week due to the cooler weather. Weekly, I pre-poo with a protein conditioner, cleanse with an ayurveda conditioner mix, and cw with a cheapie co to get all the mix out. Every other day, I oil my scalp, moisturizer and seal my hair.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Still tea rinsing 2-3x/wk. I don't think I will ever do a paste, I just hate the mess. Doing cassia every 2 months will be enough of a mess for me.

Aspire

Still tea rinsing 2-3x/wk. I don't think I will ever do a paste, I just hate the mess. Doing cassia every 2 months will be enough of a mess for me.

I think I may try these more seriously. I only did the tea with braids.

Do you leave the teas in with no rinsing? Do you still use a leave-in or just seal after? How is your NG holding up with your transition?

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I think I may try these more seriously. I only did the tea with braids.

Do you leave the teas in with no rinsing? Do you still use a leave-in or just seal after? How is your NG holding up with your transition?

I rinse out then follow up with a cowash. I still use a leave in. My NG is doing great. Very manageable.

MissMusic

LADIES!!! WE ARE HALF WAY THERE! :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

So tell me:
1)Are you still in love with Ayurveda or just plain annoyed?
2)Your favorite two products? (Yes ONLY two)
3)Absolute Favorite mix so far(Paste, tea, oil, etc.)
4)Are you going to change anything for the second half of the challenge or is everything copacetic?

Ltown

Greyland
I oil with vatika, then tea rinse finally getting tired of the messy paste, wash hair with shikaki, dc, tea rinse, cantu leave in.

My spritz smells bad even with ESO do any of you think I using too much ayurveda? I'm using amla/brahmi/maka, peppermint, rosemary, vatika oil.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
So tell me:
2)Your favorite two products? (Yes ONLY two)
3)Absolute Favorite mix so far(Paste, tea, oil, etc.)
4)Are you going to change anything for the second half of the challenge or is everything copacetic?

1. Still loving it. Tea rinsing is really easy.
2. Vatika frosting and fenugreek powder
3 fenugreeek & kalpi tone mix
4. I will alternate the cleansing mix with shikakai bar and other poos. So some weeks I will do ayurveda 2 times a week.

Ltown

Greyland
This has been a challenge for me because I'm transitioning and was experimenting with two textures.

1. I like ayurveda but I'm getting annoyed with the mixing powder probably because I have been doing the paste.
2. Favorite: Afroveda shikaki oil, vatika oil
3. Favorite mix: Tea
4. I decided today to change and jump on the tea. So I'll be copying some of your regimens. thanks in advance for sharing!:grin:

flowinlocks

LADIES!!! WE ARE HALF WAY THERE! :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

So tell me:
2)Your favorite two products? (Yes ONLY two
3)Absolute Favorite mix so
far(Paste, tea, oil, etc.
4)Are you going to change anything for the second half of the challenge or is everything copacetic

1. Still in love!!

2. Right now my Shikakai poo bar and Afroveda Shikakai growth elixir.

3.Double tea rinse: First with Kalpi Tone, Shikakai, & Amla
Second with Fenugreek, Bhrami, Bhringraj,& Hibiscus. Sometimes I also add Horsetail & Nettle.

4.Nope, not changing a thing. My hair is loving my current reggie.

cherepikr

1) Still in love.:drunk:
2) Vatika Oil and Fenugreek
3) Spritz made with Fenugreek tea base. I switch up the other powders that I combine with the fenugreek, aloe, and grapeseed oil.
4) Will not be changing anything.

miss Congeniality

LADIES!!! WE ARE HALF WAY THERE! epper:ep per:

So tell me:
1)Are you still in love with Ayurveda or just plain annoyed? I am definately still loving it.
2)Your favorite two products? (Yes ONLY two) Shikakai poo bar and vatika oil
3)Absolute Favorite mix so
far(Paste, tea, oil, etc.) Combination of henna, shikakai, neem, amla, and honey
4)Are you going to change anything for the second half of the challenge or is everything copacetic. I will try to do tea rinse on Wed. and pastes on Fri.

Kellum

1)Are you still in love with Ayurveda or just plain annoyed? Still loving it.
2)Your favorite two products? (Yes ONLY two): Wow, only two that's really hard. I guess my two favorites are Hibiscus and Fenugreek powders.
3)Absolute Favorite mix so far(Paste, tea, oil, etc.): My favorite mix is: 2 tsp: Amla, Brahmi, Fenugreek, Hibiscus, and 1 tps: Shikakai and Maka. I just call mine a mix because I don't strain mine. It is not a messy as a paste. I just mix it all up. Add water, let it sit, and then pour it on my head. It rinses very easily. That's how I have always done it and it works just fine.
4)Are you going to change anything for the second half of the challenge or is everything copacetic: Everything is going fine so I won't change anything.

Melissa-jane

I oil with vatika, then tea rinse finally getting tired of the messy paste, wash hair with shikaki, dc, tea rinse, cantu leave in.

My spritz smells bad even with ESO do any of you think I using too much ayurveda? I'm using amla/brahmi/maka, peppermint, rosemary, vatika oil.

I thought it was just me but I am not liking the smell, especially as it builds up, I think leaving out the scented oils will help.

Last edited:

Melissa-jane

1)Are you still in love with Ayurveda or just plain annoyed? I like it a lot as I can avoid sulfates and cleanse regularly.
2)Your favorite two products? (Yes ONLY two)Shikakai, henna
3)Absolute Favorite mix so far(Paste, tea, oil, etc.) shikakai and tulsi tea to cleanse. I do not like the oils as it causes build up.
4)Are you going to change anything for the second half of the challenge or is everything copacetic? ummmm leave out mahabringaraj oil and stop doing pastes, my hair loves tea, I am also waiting for my shipment of hibiscus flowers!

Ltown

Greyland
I thought it was just me but I am not liking the smell, especially as it builds up, I think leaving out the scented oils will help.
I thought the eo was a preservative for the ayurveda maybe Aggie will chime in she makes some for her extensions/braids.