6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

I got the steamer deal do and love it, just don't have a good place to store it. By the way isn't your Bday coming up:yep:

What is this steamer you ladies are talking about, also Aggie I am coming over this weekend to play beauty salon, since you have all this new stuff, wait!!! what are you doing w/more stuff I seen your PJ shop lol

I am pre-pooing now with Vatika+Brahmi Amla oil.
I am going to clarify, cowash and dc with Sitrinillah later, then moisturize and seal with CoCasta.

Just checking in. I pooed with my Shikakai bar last night and dced with AM, Suave, Silicone Mix, and Aphogee 2 min. reconstructor. I sealed with CoCasta Shikakai oil and Almond glaze.

Well let's just say it's not my birthday but it sure feells like it is:grin:. Oh by the way, I picked up my steamer today as well so yeah, it really does feel like my B-Day:yep:.

I love my steamer!

Well I have had an interesting week, I tried shikakai powder, that stuff is strong, it even burnt my eyes! Its gritty.....does anybody know if powders that are gritty can graze the hair shaft:ohwell:?????

I have decided that so far I love henna, clay (any will do but rhausaul is very smooth) coconut oil and brahmi and amla. However not sure about the powders as a mask, maybe I need to add something. I don't think I will repurchase, I think I will stick to henna/ cassia and clay. Maybe mix my clays with brahmi or amla, hmmmm.

Also despite my success with Indigo I am not going to reapply, I wear so much black that I think I need some colour in my hair:yep:.

Still loving ayurveda, I love natural products.

What is this steamer you ladies are talking about, also Aggie I am coming over this weekend to play beauty salon, since you have all this new stuff, wait!!! what are you doing w/more stuff I seen your PJ shop lol

:lachen::lachen:, This really made me laugh Imoan. Thanks, I needed that girl.

Yeah my steamer is here and I have yet to set it up. I am and will be wearing my braids until the end of October and I have no idea if it's okay to use it with synthetic extension braids.

I will try it the day before I am scheduled to take the braids down to see how they will respond to the moist heat. This is only in an effort to use it when I reinstall the braids. A girl's gatta do what a girl's gatta do to get her hair long ad luscious, you know?

I plan to do my weekly conditioner mix. Instead of doing a big batch, I am going to make it as soon as I mix it.

This is what I do now. For some reason, my excitement of applying the powders is renewed only when I mix a new batch of powders. So in order to keep that excitement going, I mix my powders fresh everytime I'm about to apply them to my hair:yep:.

I mean I'm like a kid everytime I pull those powders out to mix up and apply to my hair:grin:. They make such a big mess but IDK, I still love it.

I'm still hanging in here oil hair with vatika,amla and did a tea rinse as wash then tea rinse as final with amla,maka,brahmi.

I had coconut and amla oil in my hair all day and now I am going to do a tea rinse and put in my DC... I am sooo tired! The life of a college student

I c whats going to be on my christmas list, what does it do for the hair?

Checkin, I washed w/3n1 shk bar, then did a all night deep condish w/nature gate hemp,( by the way whoever said you can do a all night deep condish was right on point my hair ate it up Thanksss) then I styled w/my homemade ayurvedic butter(olive butter,amla oil,organic coconut oil few herbs, and green t, vit E. It turned out really nice I will see if I can take a pic of my hair today.

If anyone would like me to mail them a sample of the butter I can, I made alot one for me,sisters and mom.. Its a blessing to share.. :lachen:

Last edited:

Checkin, I washed w/3n1 shk bar, then did a all night deep condish w/nature gate hemp,( by the way whoever said you can do a all night deep condish was right on point my hair ate it up Thanksss) then I styled w/my homemade ayurvedic butter(olive butter,amla oil,organic coconut oil few herbs, and green t, vit E. It turned out really nice I will see if I can take a pic of my hair today.

If anyone would like me to mail them a sample of the butter I can, I made alot one for me,sisters and mom.. Its a blessing to share.. :lachen:

Mmmmm, this butter sounds delish Imoan:lick:. Make sure to let us see the pic okay?

Checking in: I oiled my hair and scalp with EVCO and Vatika. I'm sitting here right now with my tea mix on my head. It is 1 tsp: Maka, Shakakai, 2 tsp: Amal, Hibiscus, Brahmi, Fenugreek. I am going to leave it on for 30 to 40 mins with my plastic cap, co-wash, and then DC.

I already know my hair will turn out great. It always does. My hair loves this stuff.

Yesterday I dced with AM, Suave, Vo5, Bhringraj, Bhrami, Horsetail, and Nettle. I sealed with HH leave in, and Afroveda Shikakai and Hibiscus oils. Today I will oil with Hesh Shikakai and Dabur Amla oils.

Oh I am over using the powders as a hair mask, I used shikakai and tulsi as a cleansing tea wash and my hair felt great, with noooo bits. Then I used Henna with ACV and boiled water, this henna was really fresh, I bought it online rather from the indian shop...has got me thinking. Anyhoo I rinsed out the henna and mixed up some fenugreek, rose petals, amla, cocoa butter coconut milk lactic acid for a moisturising dc and steamed. I was disappointed with the results and I smelt of curry hours later, I am not using that stuff again.

I had to follow up with honey suckle rose (my staple) that fenugreek left little bogies in my hair.

So I have put all my cleansing powders in one pot, all my henna in another and all my conditioning powders. I am only going to do tea rinses with the powders and I added lemon powder to my henna so I just have to add water, I need some hibiscus powder so I can get my henna more red. I also added my homemade amla oil to my vatika oil (conditioning) and my home made shikakai oil to my shop bought mahabringaraj oil (prepoo cleansing).

That is it really, I have twisted my hair with shea, trying to keep it that way for two weeks as my twa has reached a difficult stage and I need to put it away to protect it.

Had to re-new my subscription been out for awhile. Sunday henna treatment mixed with shikaki, amla, and brahmi tea. Deep conditioned with wen and steam ( hot towels ).

Let me know how you like this, I've never done the powder overnight.

Flo,

I think it works great, but it depends on the powder. The first time I did it with a henna mix and my hair came out so straight you would have thought it was freshly relaxed. But I was so tired that for the life of me I can not repeat the recipe. :perplexed I get great results with the KT as well. This time, the results have been slower. I did not see a big difference the morning I rinsed out, but now 3 days later, still incredibly soft and moisturized.

LOL @ the bolded. I was telling my husband how much I loved the butter and he asked my how much it cost. When I told him, you would not believe the cross-eyed look he gave me. His exact words were "For four ounces? And how much of your own could you make for that money?" Stopped me in my tracks. I made some too :lachen:, but I really like the scent of Njoi's better. I need to work on that. :look:

I had coconut and amla oil in my hair all day and now I am going to do a tea rinse and put in my DC... I am sooo tired! The life of a college student

I totally agree w/ u on the college student part, butt kicker decided to work on my 2nd degree, what was I thinking..

LOL @ the bolded. I was telling my husband how much I loved the butter and he asked my how much it cost. When I told him, you would not believe the cross-eyed look he gave me. His exact words were "For four ounces? And how much of your own could you make for that money?" Stopped me in my tracks. I made some too :lachen:, but I really like the scent of Njoi's better. I need to work on that. :look:

lol@hubby, I seen on nappurality where alot of ppl make their own butters so I gave it ago, I do plan trying Njoi's (one day when I can swallow the cost) 2oz @7.50 plus $5.00 for shipping..

I'm making a tea right now to spritz my braids daily since I'm wigging it. My tea consists of: Brahmi, Amla, Fengureek, Hibiscus, Honeyquat, SAA, Hydrolyzed Protein and Oats, Castor, Avocado and Vatika oil.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

ETA: I made my tea for spritzing. It came out nice and smells wonderful. I added some Rosemary, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, and Jojoba Oils to it. I'm storing in the refrigerator.

Last edited:
I'm making a tea right now to spritz my braids daily since I'm wigging it. My tea consists of: Brahmi, Amla, Fengureek, Hibiscus, Honeyquat, SAA, Hydrolyzed Protein and Oats, Castor, Avocado and Vatika oil.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

ETA: I made my tea for spritzing. It came out nice and smells wonderful. I added some Rosemary, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, and Jojoba Oils to it. I'm storing in the refrigerator.

Your tea sounds yummy!!:lick:
I have been experimenting with ayurvedic spritzes and I love the results.

Back