6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

I did another henna the other day and love my results. I mixed my henna with hot water (not boiling) and let sit for a few hours (maybe 3 or so). Washed my hair with ORS Creamy Aloe, towel dried. Then I put honey, evoo, and evco in my henna and mixed well. I applied the henna on my damp hair and put on a plastic cap. I sat under the heating cap for about 30 to 40 mins and left it on for an additional 15 mins. I rinsed, cowashed, and DC'd. My hair came out great. It is soft, strong and has a very pretty dark burgundy, auburn color to it.

I think I will let mine sit for a shorter amount of time next time, before I apply it. I haven't added anything to my henna besides the green tea and a little bit of lemon juice. I may add some honey next time as well.

Ok, ladies...been really busy haven't been on the forum lately, so I thought I will give you an update.

My siggy pic signifies how much Ayurveda conditions the hair and creates healthy hair. My hair is in its best condition in a long time, if not ever.

I had to get my hair straightened for a party with family. The girl that does my hair loved my hair curly and said that it was not dry...AT ALL! She asked me what I'm doing, and of course I didn't share the secret:sekret: But, I did tell her that I've been conditioning alot:look: and she told me that she could tell. Once she began to straighten my hair, it was a breeze to do and this is my result. All the ladies that were there getting their hair done, loved it...as did I! I did ask her to cut about 1/2 inch off and she told me that I didn't need it:blush: She said that my ends were fantastic and whatever I was doing to keep doing it. I told her thanks, but cut the 1/2 inch anyway because I want thicker ends. She did and I'm happy.

Have a blessed evening, ladies!

N&W

Ok, ladies...been really busy haven't been on the forum lately, so I thought I will give you an update.

My siggy pic signifies how much Ayurveda conditions the hair and creates healthy hair. My hair is in its best condition in a long time, if not ever.

I had to get my hair straightened for a party with family. The girl that does my hair loved my hair curly and said that it was not dry...AT ALL! She asked me what I'm doing, and of course I didn't share the secret:sekret: But, I did tell her that I've been conditioning alot:look: and she told me that she could tell. Once she began to straighten my hair, it was a breeze to do and this is my result. All the ladies that were there getting their hair done, loved it...as did I! I did ask her to cut about 1/2 inch off and she told me that I didn't need it:blush: She said that my ends were fantastic and whatever I was doing to keep doing it. I told her thanks, but cut the 1/2 inch anyway because I want thicker ends. She did and I'm happy.

Have a blessed evening, ladies!

N&W
Your hair looks beautiful!!!! :yep::yep::yep:

I did another tea mix also a few days ago. I mixed 2 tsp: Brahmi, Amla, Fenugreek, Hibiscus and 1 tsp: Maka and Shikakai with hot water. I oiled my hair and scalp with Vatika and EVCO, rinsed my hair and then poured the mix on my hair and let it sit on my hair with a plastic cap for an hour to an hour and a half. I then rinsed, and cowashed. I didn't even DC my hair. It was so soft and silky afterwards. I just applied my leave ins, sealed, and PS. My hair loves Ayurveda.

Hi, what is evco? and what kind of henna do you use? Do you do henna for the conditioning affect,dye or both Thanks

EVCO is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. I use Jamila Body Art Quality Henna. I do henna mostly for conditioning, but don't mind the color either. That's why I don't let the dye fully release ( only for 3 or so hours). I'm scared of looking like a fire cracker. When doing it this way I get the great conditioning properties and my color is beautiful afterwards.

Last edited:
I've been doing preoil with amla and vatika, paste and tea rinses with amla,shikaki,brahmi,maka, hibs. 50 weeks into my transitioning and ayurveda has made it easy!

You don't have to actually do that, just use moisturizing conds. with no protein. And only use Bhrami and Bhringraj, believe me your hair will feel like butter.:yep:

Ok. I tried this and yes. I definitely felt a difference, not quite butter, but maybe pudding :grin:. Just shows my how much of a protein overload I experienced.

So in the last week+, I have done a AOHSR Bhrami/maka paste and I have shampooed with my Njoi Ayurveda poo bar. I pre-pooed each time with Ayurvedic butter. I plan to do another Bhrami AOHSR mix later this week.

Ok. I tried this and yes. I definitely felt a difference, not quite butter, but maybe pudding :grin:. Just shows my how much of a protein overload I experienced.

So in the last week+, I have done a AOHSR Bhrami/maka paste and I have shampooed with my Njoi Ayurveda poo bar. I pre-pooed each time with Ayurvedic butter. I plan to do another Bhrami AOHSR mix later this week.

Oh what is Ayurvedic butter

Oh what is Ayurvedic butter

From the Njoi site. . . .

This is soft creamy nourishing and strengthening hair butter.Unrefined shea butter is infused with ayurvedic oils and herbs,like....

::Shikakai:: this is a natural conditioner for the hair, it helps strengthens hair roots and promotes growth.

::Alma:: is known to control hair loss, stimulate hair roots and promote growth, it's even known to control premature greying of hair

::Brahmi:: is benifical for controlling dandruff, it also helps with premature greying, split ends and help strenghtens the hair roots

Recommended Use...pre-shampoo treatment,sealant for ends, moisturizer.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30978887

I purchased the 2oz sample size and have been using for about 2.5 weeks. So far, my hair absolutely LOVES this product. It is doing wonders for my new growth and keeping it incredibly moisturized. I use it as a moisturizer for NG and a sealer for relaxed strands. I am currently about 11.5 weeks post.

I did another tea mix also a few days ago. I mixed 2 tsp: Brahmi, Amla, Fenugreek, Hibiscus and 1 tsp: Maka and Shikakai with hot water. I oiled my hair and scalp with Vatika and EVCO, rinsed my hair and then poured the mix on my hair and let it sit on my hair with a plastic cap for an hour to an hour and a half. I then rinsed, and cowashed. I didn't even DC my hair. It was so soft and silky afterwards. I just applied my leave ins, sealed, and PS. My hair loves Ayurveda.

EVCO is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. I use Jamila Body Art Quality Henna. I do henna mostly for conditioning, but don't mind the color either. That's why I don't let the dye fully release ( only for 3 or so hours). I'm scared of looking like a fire cracker. When doing it this way I get the great conditioning properties and my color is beautiful afterwards.
LOL!

I wish mine was more red. As you can see by my siggy, my hair just gets darker. You can only see the red in the sunlight/natural light. I do like the color on my grays, though. They are red.

From the Njoi site. . . .
This is soft creamy nourishing and strengthening hair butter.Unrefined shea butter is infused with ayurvedic oils and herbs,like....

::Shikakai:: this is a natural conditioner for the hair, it helps strengthens hair roots and promotes growth.

::Alma:: is known to control hair loss, stimulate hair roots and promote growth, it's even known to control premature greying of hair

::Brahmi:: is benifical for controlling dandruff, it also helps with premature greying, split ends and help strenghtens the hair roots

Recommended Use...pre-shampoo treatment,sealant for ends, moisturizer.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30978887

I purchased the 2oz sample size and have been using for about 2.5 weeks. So far, my hair absolutely LOVES this product. It is doing wonders for my new growth and keeping it incredibly moisturized. I use it as a moisturizer for NG and a sealer for relaxed strands. I am currently about 11.5 weeks post.

dang it sold out on 9/19/09, gosh you guys be finding some nifty places to shop never heard of the above site.. um hum holding out on a sistah..lol

Henna'd yesterday mixed with paprika, brahmi powder and amla powder
dc'd with sitrinillah mixed with cocasta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay ladies, I got a few gifts today by a couple of the ladies of the use 1 buy 1 challenge and Aspire.

They are:

From our beloved Terri, today I got:

1 16 oz bottle of Jason Natural Jojoba Conditioner
1 16 oz bottle of Jason Natural Biotin Conditioner
1 16 oz bottle of Jason Natural Lavender Conditioner
1 16 oz bottle of Jason Natural Apricot Conditioner
1 16 oz bottle of Jason Natural Sea Kelp Conditioner
1 J/A/S/O/N Jojoba & Lemongrass Color Treated Shampoo
1 J/A/S/O/N Jojoba & Lemongrass Color Treated Conditioner
1 16oz bottle of Beauty Without Cruelty Organic Therapy Conditioner Moisture Plus
1 Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner
1 11oz bottle of Aubrey organics Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo
1 Joico K-Pak Style Protect & Shine Serum

From our beloved Lori (Brownie518):

1 33.8oz paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Treatment
1 8oz bottle of Hairveda Vatika frosting

and from Tracey (Aspire) I got:

100 grams of fenugreek seed powder
100 grams of Hibiscus Flower Powder
1 8oz bottle of Eqyss Survivor Super Detangler Shine Leave-On serum
1 10oz bottle of New Nihar Naturals Jasmine Oil.

Thanks a million to all the lovely ladies who blessed me with these wonderful gifts. I love you all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay ladies, I got a few gifts today by a couple of the ladies of the use 1 buy 1 challenge and Aspire.

They are:

1 16oz bottle of Beauty Without Cruelty Organic Therapy Conditioner Moisture Plus

Thanks a million to all the lovely ladies who blessed me with these wonderful gifts. I love you all.

Wow that nice, is it your Bday or just because you are a sweetie!

They are:

Wow that was a blessing! I know you are thrilled. You deserve it.

Wow that nice, is it your Bday or just because you are a sweetie!

Well let's just say it's not my birthday but it sure feells like it is:grin:. Oh by the way, I picked up my steamer today as well so yeah, it really does feel like my B-Day:yep:.

It's only been a little over 3 weeks without my beloved ayurveda treatments, but it feels more like 3 months:sad:. I still have another 4-5 weeks in these extension braids before take down:ohwell:.

They are:

Well let's just say it's not my birthday but it sure feells like it is:grin:. Oh by the way, I picked up my steamer today as well so yeah, it really does feel like my B-Day:yep:.

I got the steamer deal do and love it, just don't have a good place to store it. By the way isn't your Bday coming up:yep:

They are:

That is soooo sweet! I'm sure you will enjoy all your gifts...you are a very special person...you deserve all the blessings the Lord has for you!

Back